Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 31 Jul 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3114459)   #26
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well Insanity strikes was the only effort I've completed in July out with the Airport series.

The clock has ticked over here, but it might still July where you are, so here is July 2.

As you'll see I've run out of time.

It's 5.73km or 3.59 miles.
Run Clockwise

T1 turned out to be far greater a corner than intended, it was only supposed to be a slight dog-leg. Now it needs more run off than I've actually given it.
Attached Thumbnails
July 2 Top.jpg   July 2 2nd.jpg   July 2 last.jpg  

Old 1 Aug 2012, 22:45 (Ref:3114963)   #27
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi there!!!

Hey SBF Im liking your medium, club designs a lot, I see you have changed style just a little bit this year IMHO, I see you are cranking out somewhat simpler designs, I like all of them!
Old 1 Aug 2012, 23:37 (Ref:3114989)   #28
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ha mostly due to a lack of time to "debug" more complicated designs that Sketch up seems to have layering issues with these days.

The days of double fly-overs and 3D topography are few and far between, but who knows there might be a little something lurking at the back of the hard drive that could escape one of these times.
Old 2 Aug 2012, 02:42 (Ref:3115039)   #29
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiggiSpeed View Post
hi there!!!

Hey SBF Im liking your medium, club designs a lot, I see you have changed style just a little bit this year IMHO, I see you are cranking out somewhat simpler designs, I like all of them!
Agreed. A touch of genius in the world, IMHO.
Old 3 Aug 2012, 11:44 (Ref:3115570)   #30
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Well Insanity strikes was the only effort I've completed in July out with the Airport series.

The clock has ticked over here, but it might still July where you are, so here is July 2.

As you'll see I've run out of time.

It's 5.73km or 3.59 miles.
Run Clockwise

T1 turned out to be far greater a corner than intended, it was only supposed to be a slight dog-leg. Now it needs more run off than I've actually given it.
Wow, this one is amazing! I'm sure it would be a favorite on a racesim. If I had to book tracks for an actual motor racing series, this one would be on my wish list. Which are the best spectator spots there?
Old 29 Aug 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3127073)   #31
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
August

I haven't really done much in August so here is a quickie from today...

Click image for larger version

Name:	August 1 Top View.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	188.8 KB
ID:	38295
Old 6 Sep 2012, 11:45 (Ref:3131949)   #32
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the flow a lot.

Maybe I would make it go the oppsite direc... no, just kidding

Also, good to see there's still someone who's doing it how it should be, not just opening Gmaps and draw a quick one in 10 minutes... Sadly, this thread seems to consist of that in about 95% nowadays

bio
Old 6 Sep 2012, 12:59 (Ref:3132009)   #33
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
It probably wuld work the other way with only minor changes, such as the chicane being turned around (top right) to have the new first part the tightest.

Yeah, I've made no secret over the years about not being a fan of street circuit designs, so I do find it disheartening that many designs posted at the moment aare of the Gmap street type.
Old 22 Sep 2012, 23:01 (Ref:3140075)   #34
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Ok running anti-clockwise
4.2km 2.68 miles
Integral Drag strip for non race weekends

Name:	September 1 line drawing.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	277.3 KB
ID:	38504

The design is shown in line drawing format.

Name:	September 1 with colours.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	38505
And in Colour

There would be access tunnels into the infield together with a separate paddock and Grandstand for the Drag strip.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 22 Sep 2012 at 23:20.
Old 24 Sep 2012, 01:19 (Ref:3140623)   #35
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Ok running anti-clockwise
4.2km 2.68 miles
Integral Drag strip for non race weekends

Attachment 38504

The design is shown in line drawing format.

Attachment 38505
And in Colour

There would be access tunnels into the infield together with a separate paddock and Grandstand for the Drag strip.
Nice one!
Old 24 Sep 2012, 21:39 (Ref:3141104)   #36
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Well, that's an unusually simple track from you - not as if it made it a bad track - because it's a good one.

The only thing I would do maybe is take the "nose" - the rigtmost part, alias T1 - and pull it more to the right, thus making both the S/F line, both the fast section after T1 longer. That would make T3 (? - the rightt "hump" on the top) a legit overtaking point.

bio
Old 24 Sep 2012, 22:47 (Ref:3141129)   #37
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Erm the Pit is Bottom Left, Not on the Drag strip.

The End of the Drag strip is T6
Old 26 Sep 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3142240)   #38
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
Erm the Pit is Bottom Left, Not on the Drag strip.

The End of the Drag strip is T6
Oops, my bad. TBH, I didn't enlarge the image, I only watched the thumbnail, since it was soo simple, I thought saw eveything there... Alas, I missed the pitlane.

bio
Old 28 Sep 2012, 05:43 (Ref:3142853)   #39
Yannick
Veteran

Quote:
I haven't really done much in August so here is a quickie from today...

Attachment 38295
Dear SBF, I would like to suggest adding a short circuit to this one which leaves the existing track straight on at Turn 5 and rejoins with a wide right-hander just shortly before your reversed Variante Ascari.
I hope you like the idea.

And by any chance, is that final section with the hairpin to the right of the design inspired by the New Hockenheim?

Regarding the one with the drag strip: This one has got quick corners in abundance. Aero efficient cars are necessary to be at the top of the time charts there. Despite the challenge this track surely is for a driver, races might turn out to be rather on the processional side of things, I'm afraid. How do you think about that?
Old 2 Nov 2012, 02:26 (Ref:3161362)   #40
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
A teaser for the moment

Name:	October pair.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	38987

Main circuit runs from West Pit complex. Both Loops run independently
All version run Clockwise.

Full details and maybe gravel trap placements to follow.
Old 2 Nov 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3161516)   #41
Yannick
Veteran

You have got some massive corners in that design SBF. Kudos. Here's hoping for some nice elevation changes.
Old 3 Nov 2012, 21:26 (Ref:3162029)   #42
bio
Veteran

Hungary
No flaws here. Nothing to miss here. Great one!

bio
Old 3 Nov 2012, 23:03 (Ref:3162069)   #43
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Thanks for the comments, it turn out that the full circuit is a little Large by Modern F1 standards, here are a few graphical breakdowns of the options and sizes.

When using the full circuit, there are 2 options, the sizes shown indicate the shortest combination and the Longest. Obviously there are 2 other layouts in which only one of the options is used.

Name:	October Sizes Longest.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	243.5 KB
ID:	38994 Click image for larger version

Name:	October Big Shortest.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	238.2 KB
ID:	38995

Likewise each of the 2 short courses have an option. Sizes for both are shown below.

Name:	October Longest Pair.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	265.5 KB
ID:	38996 Click image for larger version

Name:	October pair shortest.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	267.0 KB
ID:	38997

Finally a close up of the Red and Yellow Pit sections.

Name:	October Red Pit.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	397.3 KB
ID:	38998 Click image for larger version

Name:	October yellow pit.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	537.4 KB
ID:	38999

I hadn't intended for the two short circuits to be so close in length, but the fact that they are of a very different nature would hopefully appeal to clubs and National series looking for venues.
Old 9 Nov 2012, 01:20 (Ref:3164324)   #44
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
How does this one grab you out there in My Track Land

Name:	November1.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	276.2 KB
ID:	39047
Old 9 Nov 2012, 15:02 (Ref:3164539)   #45
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Gets my both-thumbs-up easily

I've been developing an interest in full-length tracks with realtively fey corners lately - and this is a good example of how to do it well.

bio
Old 10 Nov 2012, 04:12 (Ref:3164830)   #46
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I can't decide what I'd like to see bottom center, but apart from the setup of those three corners, I think I like this latest track. For the most part, it looks to all fit together nicely and have a good flow. There's not too much going on to distract from what is a very clean overall shape.

I'll also put out long-belated approval for your second track from the 20 March post. I also rather liked your 21 June effort.

I think what bugs me about a number of your tracks is just that they don't seem to have enough to differential one from the next, and quite a few of them just seem too fiddly and unnecessarily complicated.

Again though, this last one looks alright.
Old 10 Nov 2012, 13:56 (Ref:3164887)   #47
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
At the moment no matter what I do in terms of circuit, I'm having layering issues with Sketch-up. That's the reason that this circuit doesn't have colours.

Also I don't have as much time as I used to so I'm trying to simplify my designs.

Perhaps it's just my vision of what a Circuit should be like, and that would produce good racing, that results my designs looking fairly similar.
Old 12 Nov 2012, 02:35 (Ref:3165348)   #48
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Much rather a good track without colors than a colorful, but bad one, if you ask me

bio
Old 12 Nov 2012, 04:30 (Ref:3165371)   #49
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Agreed.
Old 13 Nov 2012, 02:41 (Ref:3165730)   #50
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How does this one grab you out there in My Track Land

Attachment 39047
Only thing I would change is to have the pits on the inside of the track and link turns 8(?) and 1 to have a "national" circuit. But I just like to use as much space as possible.