Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 13 Nov 2012, 12:43 (Ref:3165862)   #51
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please feel free to upload the jpg and draw over it ... MS Paint is ideal for showing simple edits.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 12:43 (Ref:3166633)   #52
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Only thing I would change is to have the pits on the inside of the track and link turns 8(?) and 1 to have a "national" circuit. But I just like to use as much space as possible.

Putting the pitlane on the inside would put the pitlane exit on the outside of T1 - not a good omen.

bio
Old 15 Nov 2012, 12:53 (Ref:3166638)   #53
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio View Post
Putting the pitlane on the inside would put the pitlane exit on the outside of T1 - not a good omen.

bio
Not necessarily. You could move the pit exit up to before T1 and have the pit entry before T10.
Old 15 Nov 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3166658)   #54
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm confused, I've drawn that track with 13 corners running clockwise.

T10 is the second part of the chicane at the very bottom of the circuit.

Perhaps you could clarify with a picture edit if you have a few moments.

Here are the corners numbered

Click image for larger version

Name:	November1 numbered.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	261.8 KB
ID:	39086
Old 15 Nov 2012, 18:18 (Ref:3166752)   #55
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
Not necessarily. You could move the pit exit up to before T1 and have the pit entry before T10.
Surely - but why would that be better than the original layout?

bio
Old 19 Nov 2012, 16:25 (Ref:3168598)   #56
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
A second design for November

Not intended for F1, but perhaps MotoGP/WSK and Touring car series.

3 layouts from a single pitlane, All versions run Anticlockwise.

As a Note, I don't like the Long pit exit but it was the only solution, but like Brazil, its the best solution.
Some numbers to go with it

The S/F straight is 496.57m

Red Circuit approach to hairpin 385.83m
Red Circuit approach to chicane is 336.84m

Green Circuit approach to Hairpin 310m
Blue Approach to Hairpin 603.28m

Green and Blue Approach to chicane 519.47m
Attached Thumbnails
November 2 Top View.jpg   November 2 Layouts.jpg   November 2 pit entry.jpg  

November 2 oit exit.jpg   November 2 sector 1.jpg   November 2 sector 3.jpg  

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 19 Nov 2012 at 16:34.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 23:37 (Ref:3169231)   #57
bio
Veteran

Hungary
The only thong I'd dio with this one is extend the S/F straight to the right, so it offers a better overtaking opportunity, plus the pitlane could exit before T1 instead of going a long way until after T3.

Otherwise it's the same old SBF-quality.

bio
Old 21 Nov 2012, 00:59 (Ref:3169256)   #58
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
At the time of drawing the design, I was cautious of the amount of run off needed by the arcing curve that leads to the final corner and the Run off from the turn that leads onto the straight above it.

I knew it would be tight in places as it was.

Now that it's complete, yes there is perhaps another 50m that would have allowed the pit exit onto the straight.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 17:29 (Ref:3169492)   #59
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the first section, building up speed through the curves after turn 1, then throwing it into turn 4. Fantastic!
Old 22 Nov 2012, 13:29 (Ref:3169813)   #60
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I'm feeling generous, so I'll submit my third design of the month.

Name:	November 3 Top Anotated.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	495.2 KB
ID:	39112

The graphic speaks for itself really, lengths and directions as shown.

I might add gravel traps and things, but there is sufficient there as is for opinions.

As always criticisms and possible edits are welcomed.
Old 28 Nov 2012, 22:28 (Ref:3172789)   #61
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
I'm feeling generous, so I'll submit my third design of the month.

Attachment 39112

The graphic speaks for itself really, lengths and directions as shown.

I might add gravel traps and things, but there is sufficient there as is for opinions.

As always criticisms and possible edits are welcomed.
I have a really great feeling about this track - but don't forget to practice what you preach... it does seem a bit busy to me, personally. Otherwise, great track.

If you want to keep all the corners but eliminate the "busy factor", I'd say bump it up to 3.5-3.6 miles.
Old 29 Nov 2012, 01:54 (Ref:3172882)   #62
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Increasing the size by half a mile (800m) wouldn't make it look less busy, as you'd only be adding 50 or 100m here and there.

I draw the circuits to scale as Sketchup allows, here are the dimensions of some sections.

Name:	November 3 dimensions.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	443.4 KB
ID:	39139

I would also add that this circuit was never intended as an F1 palace, rather a National with shorter Club circuit. Perhaps even something for a MotoGP or Superbike series
Old 29 Nov 2012, 04:15 (Ref:3172913)   #63
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks fine to me.
Old 29 Nov 2012, 22:25 (Ref:3173248)   #64
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Increasing the size by half a mile (800m) wouldn't make it look less busy, as you'd only be adding 50 or 100m here and there.

I draw the circuits to scale as Sketchup allows, here are the dimensions of some sections.

Attachment 39139

I would also add that this circuit was never intended as an F1 palace, rather a National with shorter Club circuit. Perhaps even something for a MotoGP or Superbike series
This should be an F1 track, IMO.
Old 16 Dec 2012, 22:02 (Ref:3179280)   #65
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I had been working on this for a while, but layering issues which I seem to encounter whenever I try anything a bit more complex have struck again.

Added to this I've lost the notes I made about the circuit size. From memory it's a little over 4 miles so 6.6-6.8ish kms.
Attached Thumbnails
December 1 Top View.jpg   December 1 Parallel Straights.jpg   December 1 Bridge to T2.jpg  

December 1 Sector 3.jpg  
Old 21 Dec 2012, 09:52 (Ref:3180736)   #66
tlongman
Racer

United States
New Jersey
tlongman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love that SBF! Interesting design and a lot of variety in corners. Plus that bridge serves as an awesome focal point for the track!
Old 22 Dec 2012, 18:49 (Ref:3181183)   #67
SKG
Racer

Wales
Mid-Wales
SKG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great job, love it.
Old 23 Dec 2012, 23:21 (Ref:3181494)   #68
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Sgreed. Not a single thing to get down on...

Great stuff.

bio
Old 29 Dec 2012, 23:13 (Ref:3182805)   #69
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Final or the year and this thread

Paddock where the Arrow is located.

December 2 Sized.jpg December 2 direction.jpg
Old 30 Dec 2012, 11:32 (Ref:3182933)   #70
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Another very good one. Great flow.

The ony thing I'd mention is the lack of real overtaking opportunity at the end of the S/F straight. Not a biggie, as this one still has at least two genuine overtaking spots.

bio
Old 30 Dec 2012, 18:55 (Ref:3183025)   #71
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Quote:
Final or the year and this thread

Paddock where the Arrow is located.

Attachment 39198 Attachment 39199
This is my favorite of yours.

Turn 1 has lots of space and run-off... not too tight but you don't want to get it wrong there... plus it's a great passing opportunity. Turn 2 is gradual with lots of space as well. Turn 3's nice and tight and sets up for a great passing spot in turn 4. I like the whole track... many passing opportunities and a great flow to it. Nice work!