Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 19 Jun 2012, 06:19 (Ref:3094574)   #1
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
750MC at Donington June 23/24

Ok, so who's coming to play?

Busy old weekend - 28 races over the 2 days. Looking forward to it!
Old 19 Jun 2012, 06:42 (Ref:3094585)   #2
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep. There on Sunday, doing incident for a change... what a meeting to pick!
Old 19 Jun 2012, 06:46 (Ref:3094589)   #3
Johansen2000
Racer

England
Leicester
Johansen2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohansen2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to be there for the Sunday only, really looking forward to it as its going to be my last event as a father of 2! When I next marshal I'll be a father of 3!!!!

Just debating on wither i should try the public transport option to get me to the track, can get a bus to Castle Donington (cheaper then using a car) but then I have something like a 40 minute walk to sign on...... I'll certainly get there with plenty of time to spare but will I want to do such a walk at the end of the day....????? decisions......decisions.......
Old 19 Jun 2012, 07:57 (Ref:3094624)   #4
chrisjt1985
Racer

England
Bury
chrisjt1985 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johansen2000 View Post
I'm going to be there for the Sunday only, really looking forward to it as its going to be my last event as a father of 2! When I next marshal I'll be a father of 3!!!!

Just debating on wither i should try the public transport option to get me to the track, can get a bus to Castle Donington (cheaper then using a car) but then I have something like a 40 minute walk to sign on...... I'll certainly get there with plenty of time to spare but will I want to do such a walk at the end of the day....????? decisions......decisions.......
Congratulations on the third! Hope all goes well for you!

As for the 40 minute walk, start thumbing every car that goes past! If you're in your oranges, I'm sure one marshal will be kind enough to save your legs!!! I'm not there unfortunately so can't help. Sorry
Old 19 Jun 2012, 08:38 (Ref:3094651)   #5
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johansen2000 View Post
Yay!

Quote:
If you can get to Loughborough, Kegworth or East Midlands Airport I'm happy to pick you up on the way in. Drop me a PM.
Old 19 Jun 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3094790)   #6
Mike Harvey
Rookie

United Kingdom
Nottingham
Mike Harvey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there on the Sunday. I've not been able to make it to an event since Donington Historic Festival 6 weeks ago so I'm well up for it. And with 16 races on the Sunday it should be a great day.
Quote:
As for the 40 minute walk, start thumbing every car that goes past! If you're in your oranges, I'm sure one marshal will be kind enough to save your legs!!!
I'll keep an eye out for any orange hitch hikers
Old 19 Jun 2012, 16:14 (Ref:3094927)   #7
RCMADD
Racer

England
derby
RCMADD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
im there sunday... swapped meets with the trucks.. so no trucks for me this year..
Old 20 Jun 2012, 11:55 (Ref:3095374)   #8
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
It's going to be wet on and off all weekend according to today's forecast. Big grids + rain = a recipe for a busy weekend!
Old 22 Jun 2012, 06:55 (Ref:3096239)   #9
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have just spoken to Pete Harding to volunteer late for this!
Is there anyone who has a spare ticket that could meet me at the gate please?

PM if able to help

Thankyou

Last edited by Mark Mitchell; 22 Jun 2012 at 07:03.
Old 22 Jun 2012, 08:01 (Ref:3096264)   #10
RCMADD
Racer

England
derby
RCMADD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell View Post
Have just spoken to Pete Harding to volunteer late for this!
Is there anyone who has a spare ticket that could meet me at the gate please?

PM if able to help

Thankyou
pm'd
Old 22 Jun 2012, 13:45 (Ref:3096410)   #11
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thankyou. What time (and where) is sign on tomorrow please?
Old 22 Jun 2012, 13:55 (Ref:3096417)   #12
SteveR
Rookie

United Kingdom
SteveR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Mitchell View Post
Thankyou. What time (and where) is sign on tomorrow please?
Signon 7:45 - 8:15(ish) at Craner Curves. Come in via the paddock entrance, turn onto the GP loop through the assembly area, follow the circuit to Redgate and then take the road on the inside of the corner. You should then see the massed hoardes of orange bodies!
Old 25 Jun 2012, 10:12 (Ref:3097661)   #13
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Great day yesterday on post 23. Lots of decent close racing slightly harpooned in terms of time by whichever one of the Sport Specials/SR & GT gang oiled the entire circuit. Thanks to Pete Harding (for presumably it was he) for getting the subsequent races truncated from 13 to 11 laps so we didn't finish too late!

Had two incidents with cars beached in the gravel on the exit of the Esses between 23 & 39, and in both cases the drivers said that it was entirely their own fault. One of them came straight out and said that he'd got a bit over-excited because he'd overtaken someone the lap before, which resulted in the fastest end-swapping spin I've seen in ages!

Had three taster day folks with us in the afternoon - they managed to sweep, dress oil, do a bit of flagging and help recover a couple of cars. Hopefully they won't be put off

Any suggestions from you lot for a decent sun cream though? Despite 3 lashings of SPF50 yesterday my face is glowing and sore today
Old 25 Jun 2012, 10:32 (Ref:3097674)   #14
MacGWC
Racer

United Kingdom
Hanslope, Bucks
MacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMacGWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Any suggestions from you lot for a decent sun cream though? Despite 3 lashings of SPF50 yesterday my face is glowing and sore today
Try P20 (a Danish made product, non-oily, non-greasy) now available at John Lewis and, I believe, Tesco. Applied first thing in the morning, good for all day but we have on occasion topped up during the day if it is particularly sunny and we are exposed to it.

We have used this for years, before it became generally available in the UK. My son-in-law gets burnt by the sun very quickly but P20 works for him as well.

It may seem expensive at first but you do not need to "slather" on so much as with other creams. It is quickly absorbed and does not cause the greasy stains that other sun creams do.

No, I am not on commission!!
Old 25 Jun 2012, 11:19 (Ref:3097703)   #15
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGWC View Post
Try P20 (a Danish made product, non-oily, non-greasy)
I'll second that. It does seem expensive but you can get it on line at much less than high street prices & once you've bought it a bottle lasts a long time.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3097729)   #16
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
deadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeadsquirrel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great time in Assembly - doing 3 events with 750 this year so my daughter can 'play in traffic'.

27 races over two days, with 20+ cars in (some with 30+!) meant for a non-stop stream of cars - wouldn't have it anyother way, but comforts breaks required military precision!

If you've never done Assembly, I'd thoroughly recommend it. After 20+ years on the bank, I only started under slight duress. 3 events in, it's an enjoyable weekend - you don't see much (if any!) racing, but you get to interact with crews and drivers who are (mostly) nice people!

And I got to work with the Legendary ex-touring car driver Alf Glasser ;-)

Roll on Angelsea!
Old 25 Jun 2012, 12:13 (Ref:3097739)   #17
deadsquirrel
Veteran

United Kingdom
Deepest Warwickshire
Oh, and before I forget (unfortunately there are no photos) - it was sooo funny watching the taster days doing their marshal fitness tests with us on the loop, I think they all passed and were allowed out on post in the afternnoon!

[Before anyone takes offence, I am jesting - great to see new blood coming into the sport, welcome one and all!]
Old 25 Jun 2012, 16:10 (Ref:3097854)   #18
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't take all the credit for the timetable adjustments. It is very definitely a clerks decision and I only provide input to that.

The taster day olympics were being shown in race control courtesy of the camera trained in the loop. We all appreciated it!

Now trying to advise on Septembers timetable so we can minimise the hassle but its a current fact for all clubs that prople at top want to squeeze as much in to the day while we are affected by recession.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 16:56 (Ref:3097884)   #19
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Harding View Post
Can't take all the credit for the timetable adjustments. It is very definitely a clerks decision and I only provide input to that.
. . .
Now trying to advise on Septembers timetable so we can minimise the hassle but its a current fact for all clubs that prople at top want to squeeze as much in to the day while we are affected by recession.
People squeezing at the top need to remember that what pops out at the bottom are the marshals.

Regards

Jim