Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 31 Jul 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1368441)   #1
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Wiscombe Park Results :)

After a superb weekend at Wiscombe Park for the British Speed Hillvlimb Champs - Results in (very) brief because I'm shot, knackered & kaput

1st Runoff - Martin Groves shaded Mike Dean in the dry.
2nd Runoff - Will Mason made an impressive run under preassure in the wet to bag the win just ahead of Tom New.

Despite the rain, a superb meeting, much fun had by all. No serious incidents - The Ward brothers, Chris Merrick, Chris Guile and Tony Wiltshire Bent a few front wings. None of the Top12 usual suspects did much damage.

While there's no doubt that Will Mason's win was assisted by rain. I feel I've got to mention that his driving throughout the weekend had been little short of genius. His use of lurid oversteer slides to counter the Sawbench and Martini hairpins was quite masterful and a win is a fitting reward. Well done Will!!

If any one has got a bigger anorak than me, they might be able to tell us if he's the youngest ever winner of a Round?
Old 31 Jul 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1368480)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Since earlier this year he was the youngest driver to score a point in the championship (source Jerry Sturman), then he must be the yougest ever winner.

Well done Will, brilliant stuff. And a thoroughly good bloke too ,having spent a day on the bank with us earlier in the year. Stunning.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 07:46 (Ref:1368783)   #3
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the results Al..

We managed to get the first runoff results from Rosie at Loton yesterday morning but had no idea of the second..

Hats off to Will

No doubt it wont be the last time he wins..
Old 1 Aug 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1369010)   #4
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx

No doubt it wont be the last time he wins..
If he continues to drive like he did this weekend, that's no doubt true. That aside, it makes the 1600-2000cc racing class very interesting indeed.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 10:24 (Ref:1369979)   #5
pilbeam buddy
Rookie

Guernsey
Guernsey
pilbeam buddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ralf a hero

just would like to congratulate RALF(AKA wills)on a stunning drive in the damp on 2nd runoff maturity beyond his years.
well done from all at team moose