Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 15 Mar 2006, 13:48 (Ref:1549488)   #1
PipSqueak111
Racer

England
Deepest, darkest Devon
PipSqueak111 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wiscombe Park

Does anyone know which club organises the marshalling of Wiscombe Park hillclimb in Devon?

I'm moving down there later in the year and want to know who to contact.

Also, are there any other motorsport venues down in Devon/Cornwall/Somerset?

Castle Combe will remain my home circuit and I'll still come up to Brands for some meetings, but some local venues would be nice (and cheaper!).

Phill
Old 15 Mar 2006, 14:37 (Ref:1549525)   #2
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Yup, Wiscombe Park is organised by Woolbridge Motor Club see.. http://www.woolbridge.co.uk/ a lovely group of people, well worth supporting.

There is Gurston Down Near Salisbury, www.gurstondown.org

The rest of the scene down that way mostly revolves around sprints and Rally. I suspect Torbay MC would be good people to talk to ... http://www.torbay-mc.co.uk

Thruxton isn't too far either .. www.barc.net
Old 15 Mar 2006, 14:38 (Ref:1549526)   #3
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm afraid that you will need to contact the individual clubs as there is no over-arching "organising club" for Wiscombe. Try http://www.marshals.org.uk/ for some dates and clubs to contact (plus the technology for you to volunteer direct in some cases). The venue website at http://www.wiscombepark.co.uk/ gives the clubs to contact.

Regards

Jim
Old 15 Mar 2006, 14:40 (Ref:1549529)   #4
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
And don't forget Castle Combe, closer than Thruxton.

Regards

Jim
Old 15 Mar 2006, 14:54 (Ref:1549540)   #5
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
PS, For my money, Wiscombe Park has the best marshalling post in all of British Motorsport, Martini Hairpin.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 19:04 (Ref:1549715)   #6
devon kev
Racer

Guernsey
MELBOURNE DERBY
devon kev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hear Hear Al, by the way give my love to Caron
Old 15 Mar 2006, 19:52 (Ref:1549742)   #7
beefy
Racer

United Kingdom
Cornwall
beefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Try looking on the ASWMC website at www.aswmc.org.uk They list a lot of the sprints and hillclimbs that take place in the region.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 20:00 (Ref:1549752)   #8
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's also Werrington, Tregrehan and Castle Hill hillclimbs, plus an event at Longleat which isn't that far along the A303. Beefy has listed the right place to start. I'm a member of the Woolbridge MC, and it seems a decent club.

The South West isn't a bad place for hillclimbing!
Old 15 Mar 2006, 21:13 (Ref:1549811)   #9
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont forget sprints at St Eval. Do they still sprint at White Cross? And what about GP cars at Davidstow ;-)

Also please consider karting at Honiton - Dunkeswell to be precise.
Old 15 Mar 2006, 21:20 (Ref:1549820)   #10
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like they sprint at Dunks too. St Evals near Newquay, a new one on me is Predannick which I think is down on the Lizard.
http://www.aswmc.org.uk/sprint.htm
Old 15 Mar 2006, 22:42 (Ref:1549892)   #11
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
>>>are there any other motorsport venues down in Devon/Cornwall/Somerset?
===how long have you got :-) Many have been mentioned already - have we lost Oddicombe hillclimb? - a quick peek at the ASWMC speed championship calendar will provide some more, as Beefy said. Then if you can think outside the box there are all the hills used on the Exeter and Lands End classic trials..
BTW, MGCC run a Wiscombe annually.