Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Oct 2007, 12:27 (Ref:2039829)   #101
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Can I say I think you have done a brilliant job to pull this off Torquewench despite the knockers, it must have been an awesome logistical undertaking and I really hope the racing goes well, please keep us updated and if you do it again next year I may well have some.
and you can keep my knockers out of this! Anyway - what knockers - I haven't heard anything negative???

and by the way - Bernie Chodosh has a lot to answer for, after all this was his idea - and he's worked very hard to help me get it to this stage so BIG thanks to Bernie
Old 14 Oct 2007, 13:10 (Ref:2039858)   #102
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry could have been worded better ;-), doubters then that you could pull it off, so well done to you and Bernie!
Old 25 Oct 2007, 16:42 (Ref:2051282)   #103
honkit
Rookie

honkit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First Post

Hello all,
I recently got directed to this site and i am impressed! What a resource. So here it is, my first post.
A few weeks ago, thanks to my brother, i competed in my first classic car race at, of all places, Spa. Lets just say i have the bug.
So here is my question: I live in the States and i feel like i want to start competing a little nearer home. I noticed that there is a classic race coming up at Daytona in early November. I was wondering if anyone on this site might know of anyone who may be looking to share a drive at this event?
Old 25 Oct 2007, 18:04 (Ref:2051339)   #104
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Warm welcome, honkit, hope you get that drive.
Old 25 Oct 2007, 18:10 (Ref:2051342)   #105
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Welcome to TT honkit, have you tried emailing the Classic Sports Car Club? They will know who's going with who and may be able to put you in touch with someone although I suspect most drivers will be sorted by now.
Old 26 Oct 2007, 00:14 (Ref:2051606)   #106
photohsr
Racer

Canada
Burlington, Ontario
photohsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic SportsCar Racing, the organizer of the Daytona Event November 8-11 also has an event at Sebring November 29 - December 2. The Sebring event has a number of enduros in the schedule so the odds of sharing a ride are better. I assume you have a current racing licence. For more information on these events call 404-298-5616
Bob H.
Old 26 Oct 2007, 04:58 (Ref:2051674)   #107
honkit
Rookie

honkit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by photohsr
Historic SportsCar Racing, the organizer of the Daytona Event November 8-11 also has an event at Sebring November 29 - December 2. The Sebring event has a number of enduros in the schedule so the odds of sharing a ride are better. I assume you have a current racing licence. For more information on these events call 404-298-5616
Bob H.
Bob,
Thanks for the advice. Sebring could well be an option. I cant seem to find a forum quite like this in the States, that would really help.
As far as licensing is concerned i have an Int.C, i think that should work. Any leads on drives would be great.
Thanks
CP
Old 26 Oct 2007, 13:16 (Ref:2051991)   #108
provapr
Rookie

provapr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think this might be you with silverware and ale Honkit...

Attached Thumbnails
Spa trophy.JPG  
Old 26 Oct 2007, 13:56 (Ref:2052026)   #109
photohsr
Racer

Canada
Burlington, Ontario
photohsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by honkit
Bob,
Thanks for the advice. Sebring could well be an option. I cant seem to find a forum quite like this in the States, that would really help.
As far as licensing is concerned i have an Int.C, i think that should work. Any leads on drives would be great.
Thanks
CP
There are a number of businesses offering "rent-a-rides". HSR at the number I gave in the earlier post could help you. You could also talk to Phil Bagley at Klub Sport -561-844-8752. Tell him Bob Harrington recommended them.
Bob H.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 21:08 (Ref:2057233)   #110
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The great Porsche shin dig takes place this weekend at Daytona so assume some are staying until next week.The 356's who race on East Coast have cars that look like Porsches but that as close as it gets but at least they are all the same.This weekend highlight,11 917's in same race
Old 1 Nov 2007, 22:36 (Ref:2057287)   #111
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car is there, bags are just about packed, 1 more day at work
Old 1 Nov 2007, 22:38 (Ref:2057289)   #112
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Good luck Moose, wish I was coming with you, maybe next year eh.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 22:40 (Ref:2057292)   #113
Moosehead
Veteran

Ta mate, yeah, you should come and play with the Classic Sports Car Club next year.......highly recommended.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 22:48 (Ref:2057295)   #114
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
The great Porsche shin dig takes place this weekend at Daytona so assume some are staying until next week.The 356's who race on East Coast have cars that look like Porsches but that as close as it gets but at least they are all the same.This weekend highlight,11 917's in same race
Click on RENNSPORT

Scheduled to appear: Hurley Haywood, Derek Bell, Vic Elford, Brian Redman, George Follmer, Arie Luyendyk, Jochen Mass, David Hobbs, Elliott Forbes-Robinson, Richard Attwood, Sam Posey, Tony Adamowicz, Rod Millen, Chip Robinson, John Paul Jr., Vern Schuppan, Price Cobb, John Morton, Gijs van Lennep, David Piper, Kees Nierup, Joe Buzzetta, Doc Bundy, Bruce Leven, Willi Kauhsen, Jonathan Williams, Preston Henn, Michael Keyser, George Droslom, Charlie Kemp, David Donohue, David Murry, Dick Barbour, Sasha Maassen, Patrick Long, Darren Law, Gerald Larrousse, Jorg Bergmeister, Rudi Lins, Udo Schutz, Jackie Oliver, Jurgen Barth, Scooter Patrick, Randy Townsend, Romain Dumas, Timo Bernard and a cast of thousands.

Some of the HSR cars have been invited UP.

Weather is currently very poor with rain on and off. Alleged to clear by SAT morning.

Here is the 36 hour forecast and the live RADAR MAP.

Old 1 Nov 2007, 23:03 (Ref:2057302)   #115
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great! My first trip to Florida (the Sunshine State) and to race in an open car too (normally I have a roof) and the ever accomodating colonials have managed to lay on British weather as a welcome!
Old 1 Nov 2007, 23:29 (Ref:2057315)   #116
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6
Great! My first trip to Florida (the Sunshine State) and to race in an open car too (normally I have a roof) and the ever accomodating colonials have managed to lay on British weather as a welcome!
Help keep Florida GREEN. Bring money.

I hope the travel, track & tourist information I have provided is useful.

I will be your "Tour Director" on WED afternoon.
Old 2 Nov 2007, 00:27 (Ref:2057346)   #117
Moosehead
Veteran

The Bear & Dave...................see ya there
Old 2 Nov 2007, 09:17 (Ref:2057532)   #118
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by honkit
Bob,

CP
Hi Honkit - we have 29 cars now over there and the drivers fly out this weekend. If you want a ride I suggest you turn up at the circuit Wed/Thurs. There are some drivers who are not looking forward to a whole hour for one of the races - I can't be there although I was offered a drive in one of he Jaguars, so get over there and enjoy!

One of our cars is also going to Sebring, but I think his wife also racees so she will share there

Have fun! If you ever think of racing in Europe let us know!
www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk for info
Old 2 Nov 2007, 23:25 (Ref:2058289)   #119
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Weather, or not

Latest as of 19h20 FRI is cool and damp. S.Tarrant said "Just Like home."

Previous links still active.

SAT/SUN look to be very nice and by WED all should be sunshine.

. . .
Old 3 Nov 2007, 00:41 (Ref:2058330)   #120
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Been to Raceway today-ITS BIG
Weather improving but very good for us Brits.even now.
Seems every important racing Porsche ever built there are many more historic racing celebs than listed
Old 4 Nov 2007, 23:00 (Ref:2059669)   #121
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Weather 26 and perfect
Old 5 Nov 2007, 03:11 (Ref:2059764)   #122
Moosehead
Veteran

Most of us are indeed here, just a couple of stragglers due on Tuesday I believe. Everyone is off doing there own thing though predictably the hotel bar in the evening is quite busy!!
Old 5 Nov 2007, 10:36 (Ref:2059994)   #123
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Pretty Vacant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Keep us updated in the racing?!

Ok guys, some of us have to work and and deal with other mundane issues, but the mind wanders and you think, bu**er I should be there! So can someone keep us updated with news? Thanks, though I can Imagine Moose will do so , if he can tear himself away from those 'stang tuning shops!
Have ball you lot!
Oh and come up with a suggestion to do this again next year!
Old 5 Nov 2007, 23:01 (Ref:2060683)   #124
Moosehead
Veteran

If it helps I can upload a pic of 'Peachy's' in the pool............surely that will take your mind of it!!
Old 5 Nov 2007, 23:32 (Ref:2060711)   #125
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
And so it begins

JABWIP!*

*Just Another Beautiful Week In Paradise

Overnight low in Daytona 8° C, 12° C at 07h00 and 24° C high for the day.