Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 24 Sep 2017, 11:25 (Ref:3769566)   #1
Mike Dodman
Rookie

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
Mike Dodman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Midland Motorscope"

Hello,
This was a monthly newspaper devoted to motor sport in the Midlands (UK). It started in 1969 and ran through into 1970 (possibly 1971?) before folding.
I contributed a number of event reports, articles and photos to it and still have some issues in my archive.

Does anyone else have copies they would be willing to pass over to me? It is my intention to scan them and make them available to researchers. The founder/editor of the newspaper, David Middleton, is still a close friend of mine and has already given me the OK to publish an article on the M.M.E.C. club which appeared in the paper.

I believe it would be of historical interest if all the issues were scanned, possibly with a separate index listing the articles in them. But how many issues were there?
I have 1 to 6; part of 7; 8 and 9.
I live in Worcestershire and would be willing to travel a reasonable distance to collect, if anyone can help. I would also be willing to borrow, scan and then return, if someone really does want to keep them.
I live in hope that someone can help!
MikeD
Old 30 Sep 2017, 10:45 (Ref:3770706)   #2
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Midland Motorscope?

I cannot recall this matey, was it a magazine, or a newspaper? Where would we have been able to buy/get a copy back in the day? Gerry.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 10:58 (Ref:3770707)   #3
Mike Dodman
Rookie

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
Mike Dodman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Gerry,
It was a newspaper, large and unwieldy and typical of the size most newspapers were in those days.
Distribution was one of the big difficulties he faced. A few shops sold it but I don't think he ever got WHS to stock it. Also sold via motor clubs, car accessory shops, word of mouth and subscription. As I was one of the contributors and lived close to David, I used to get my copy "hot off the press" and so didn't really have to worry about where to buy a copy!
MikeD