Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 May 2018, 23:46 (Ref:3825353)   #326
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Since I posted on the Johnson Conspiracy exactly a week ago (post #320) there have been almost 900 views but only 3 posts.

Does this indicate people are apathetic about TCM?
It indicates that there are a lot of watchers, voyeurs if you will, butba very small proportion willing to contribute to the discussion directly

Same as it ever was..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 May 2018, 00:00 (Ref:3825356)   #327
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Most are apprehensive about posting, for fear of getting caught up in someone else's folly, should their opinion not fall into line. But you're aware of that, mate
Old 29 May 2018, 00:38 (Ref:3825361)   #328
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Since I posted on the Johnson Conspiracy exactly a week ago (post #320) there have been almost 900 views but only 3 posts.

Does this indicate people are apathetic about TCM?

Didn’t see anything worth posting on tbh. Didn’t really see any justification for claiming a conspiracy & think that post #321 pretty much says it all.

No point adding more posts saying the same thing.
Old 29 May 2018, 02:18 (Ref:3825371)   #329
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So if people can’tbe Bothered posting their views there seems little point in having this thread.

Thus the tread may as well be deleted
Old 29 May 2018, 06:04 (Ref:3825383)   #330
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
So if people can’tbe Bothered posting their views there seems little point in having this thread.

Thus the tread may as well be deleted
Why delete the thread? There have already been over 300 posts about a bunch of things.

Just because people can't see the point in responding to a post you made, doesn't mean that everything should be shut down - that's just the way it goes sometimes.
Old 29 May 2018, 09:30 (Ref:3825403)   #331
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IIRC a thread has VERY rarely been 'deleted'... just 'locked' ?
Old 29 May 2018, 10:31 (Ref:3825416)   #332
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TCM has an issue called parity and equality
Old 29 May 2018, 11:30 (Ref:3825425)   #333
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The thread is going nowhere, unless a lack of posting lets it slip to the bottom of the pile.

And you can post anything you like (within forum rules of course) and any point of view is as good as another, no correction or flying close to the wind to make a point required
Old 29 May 2018, 12:21 (Ref:3825435)   #334
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps the lack of posting in the TCM thread reflects the current feelings of the category.

Has it perhaps gone a little stale. It's the same guys always winning the races afterall.
Old 29 May 2018, 12:33 (Ref:3825438)   #335
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Perhaps the lack of posting in the TCM thread reflects the current feelings of the category.

Has it perhaps gone a little stale. It's the same guys always winning the races afterall.
7+ pages of posts this year alone suggest it is far from stale and still a key category to discuss, with all respects.
Old 30 May 2018, 00:24 (Ref:3825569)   #336
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah no need at all for the thread to be deleted, thats just silly.

I really enjoy the series, always have done but it is getting monotonous watching Johnson and Bowe fight for the win with everyone else racing their own close race.
Bowe starts from the rear and still challenges for the win. That domination saps the enjoyment for me and I'm a fan of both of those drivers.
Old 30 May 2018, 03:51 (Ref:3825583)   #337
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Yeah no need at all for the thread to be deleted, thats just silly.

I really enjoy the series, always have done but it is getting monotonous watching Johnson and Bowe fight for the win with everyone else racing their own close race.
Bowe starts from the rear and still challenges for the win. That domination saps the enjoyment for me and I'm a fan of both of those drivers.
Old 30 May 2018, 05:48 (Ref:3825591)   #338
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is what happens when a couple of pro drivers come into an am category.Things are better now than in the period before Johnson came in.The only competition then in 90% of the races was guessing how much Bowe would win by.
I love the series but the domination is surely making some people decide not to cough up the big bucks required to build a new competitive car.
Old 30 May 2018, 06:21 (Ref:3825593)   #339
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
This is what happens when a couple of pro drivers come into an am category.Things are better now than in the period before Johnson came in.The only competition then in 90% of the races was guessing how much Bowe would win by.
I love the series but the domination is surely making some people decide not to cough up the big bucks required to build a new competitive car.
Agree on the pro/am situation - it's what always happens in reality. Hard to know how to deal with it and avoid appearing too contrived (a la AGT pit stop system). Don't know if they still do it but back in the day Carrera Cup had a seperate points and awards structure for Ams (may have been age based actually) that helped.

I'm not sure about those building new cars being turned off as many of them are in this category for the enjoyment of the types of cars as much as anything else - as long as they're driving around in front of decent crowds, scaring themselves a bit and enjoying the "old school" feel, they're probably still enjoying it.

The big shunts we've seen would probably be more of a potential turn off than the pro drivers I suspect.
Old 12 Jun 2018, 11:39 (Ref:3828627)   #340
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jim is making the trip north with his Falcon Sprint.
So that's the podium spots sorted!
Just need to work out the order on the day..........

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 20 Jun 2018, 05:38 (Ref:3832017)   #341
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look at the attached TCM home page.

http://www.touringcarmasters.com.au/

On the right is the Leaderboard, which appears to be up to date

Then below that press "View all results"

See what you get.....
Old 20 Jun 2018, 09:45 (Ref:3832056)   #342
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So their webmaster isnt the sharpest tool in the shed. Whats your point?
Old 2 Feb 2019, 09:55 (Ref:3881290)   #343
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Bowe’s transporter for sale Here
Old 4 Feb 2019, 14:20 (Ref:3881879)   #344
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Bowe’s transporter for sale Here
And?
Old 4 Feb 2019, 20:15 (Ref:3881954)   #345
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Suggests he may not compete this year.
Old 5 Feb 2019, 06:45 (Ref:3882003)   #346
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or.... he's got a new(er) one?
Old 5 Feb 2019, 09:24 (Ref:3882027)   #347
Umai Naa
Veteran

Without Wilson/Payce money?
Old 5 Feb 2019, 11:32 (Ref:3882057)   #348
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd say more likely he is just driving someone else's car.

The Torana wasn't his anyway wasn't it?
Old 6 Feb 2019, 00:41 (Ref:3882165)   #349
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the Torana was now owned by Wilson.
Old 12 Feb 2019, 08:54 (Ref:3883473)   #350
Librules
Rookie

Librules should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
I'd say more likely he is just driving someone else's car.

The Torana wasn't his anyway wasn't it?
I guess this answers the queries..

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/02/12/bowe-toranas-new-look-for-tcm-revealed/