Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Jul 2000, 15:09 (Ref:21383)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to the Autosport site, with the confirmation of a Honda deal for Jordan, this will lead to a withdrawal of Mugen from F1 to focus on Formula Nippon in Japan.

If true, this pours more woe onto Prost's team with for 2001 currently no designer, I believe no major sponsor and possibly no engine deal.

Autosport mention the possibility of Supertec engines as a lifeline to Prost, but with the arrival of Renault proper, I guess there will be no more development on that engine. As the pukka works engines get smaller,lighter and yet more powerful this makes the supertec engine even more outdated for 2001 than it is now.

I guess when it rains it pours for Alain......
Old 4 Jul 2000, 16:00 (Ref:21393)   #2
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sad news, but not unexpected. There is a real shortage of engines in F1 and the suppliers have to step up and take on a second team.

There is still the old Yamaha/Hart/Arrows floating around-could it be resurected?
Old 4 Jul 2000, 19:21 (Ref:21461)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure Brian Hart is willing to provide engines, but his previous recent efforts were hardly stunning. The 1997 Minardi, anyone?
Old 4 Jul 2000, 20:17 (Ref:21488)   #4
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe that Arrows have kept on developing their own engine even though they themselves have been using Supertecs.

Maybe they will offer that engine to other teams, but there again if the Supertec engine is going backwards or are about to disappear from the scene, then Arrows may wish to use it themselves. I have a feeling that Brian Hart is involved with the Arrows project.

I also believe that there was no relationship between the Arrows engine and the Yamaha (Hand Grenade) which was developed by Judd.