Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 17 Jun 2014, 19:13 (Ref:3423177)   #76
McArthur252
Rookie

United Kingdom
Manchester
McArthur252 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brands is a unique paddock.
Obviously you have the tunnel to the pitlane and inner paddock, but also the end of the pitlane is very open (especially at club meetings where parc ferme isnt being used). I dont think a stunt like this would be possible anywhere else.

Getting a car through the tunnel is easy enough. As we were based at the far end of the paddock we were using a 'pit car' to transport mechanics/pitboards etc all day.

May be worth looking at some form of (tunnel) pass for competitors?

Hope the moron gets what he deserves.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 19:49 (Ref:3423199)   #77
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Closing the rear garage doors should'nt be much of an issue surely and as for fire escape close it low enough that a car cannot get under the door but people can still duck and get out.
Old 17 Jun 2014, 21:56 (Ref:3423258)   #78
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the guy has created a FB page about it:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Full-...825698?fref=ts
Old 17 Jun 2014, 22:29 (Ref:3423263)   #79
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON View Post
Aren't there clauses around entry fees being non-refundable? Otherwise this opens up a rather dangerous can of worms... it's legally probably not a huge leap from "sue for race fees because punter drove on track and race had to be stopped" to "sue for race fees because competitor crashed and race had to be stopped"

Sorry - not the same thing at all. This dic****d is already bragging about it and we know the courts will do nothing. Hit the idiot in the pocket. His one braincell will probably (just) understand that.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 06:40 (Ref:3423312)   #80
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
the guy has created a FB page about it:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Full-...825698?fref=ts

Well if you read that....it just sums him up....what an absolute prat
Old 18 Jun 2014, 07:49 (Ref:3423322)   #81
davec
Racer

United Kingdom
davec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
one of his comments that he makes is "you only live once"

Am I the only one that thinks with people like that once may be once too many!!

some of the comments from him and his friends/fellow primates seem just bizarre to me. It amazes me they think for one minute that this was a good thing to do and that somehow they were acting in a safe sensible way. If they had done it and then turned round a said "OK I was stupid, sorry" we would not have this long thread.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 08:20 (Ref:3423331)   #82
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a look at his FB page - obviously a complete and utter oxygen waster. Having 'tried' racing without a race car I suggest he try skydiving without a parachute............
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 18 Jun 2014, 09:01 (Ref:3423338)   #83
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
There wouldn't be much point in prosecuting him as he probably has string of ASBOs as long as his arm and no doubt he'd get legal aid so we'd end up paying for it anyway.
Having watched a few episodes of "Police - Camera - Action" and similar programmes, I doubt that this little retard will receive any meaningful penalty or punishment. We (on here) will have our own 'balanced' views but I would wager that he ends up with about a £250 fine.
The real downside will, I'm sure, lead to increased security which will lead to the costs being passed on all of us as competitors or organisers, so as Tim suggests, we'll all end up paying for his mindless behavior.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 10:19 (Ref:3423358)   #84
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Serious question.

Could we collectively sue him if we do suffer as a result?

Could the Fun cup drivers sue him for attempted murder or manslaughter?

Surely there must be a way of really hammering him, or will it automatically happen to him when no one is looking ?? !!
Old 18 Jun 2014, 11:26 (Ref:3423372)   #85
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
Serious question.

Could we collectively sue him if we do suffer as a result?

Could the Fun cup drivers sue him for attempted murder or manslaughter?

Surely there must be a way of really hammering him, or will it automatically happen to him when no one is looking ?? !!
He did not go out to murder anyone so you cant do that ....manslaughter is when you kill someone but didn't mean to so you're stuffed there

The only thing we could possibly do him for is wreckless use of the one brain cell....but it wouldn't help much....if you see his FB page there is a whole army of them ...from "Wht he did was BRILLYANT" (actual quote) to "You h8ters out there wanna get a life and chil...your all facists " (again actual quote including the incorrect use of your and incorrect spelling)

Mind you....it will be interesting if the rumour is true that the sun newspaper (according to the no brain) paid him 5k for his story.....now...I should imagine JP will be on to his legal people before you can say "Where can I land my Helicopter" and he may well counter claim for loss and damages....thats if there is any.

Interesting because force Majeure is technically not in play here...this WAS a preventable act and therefore some could argue that the competitors COULD (only saying COULD) claim back the money for the entry as the race had to be stopped. Now...this has already been quoted here because there is a fine line between "red flag because some numpty with the brain cell of a tomato ....erm actually...some numbty who if they had ANOTHER brain cell would BE a tomato entered the circuit" and "Red flag because some numpty with a race licence drove like a wally and wrecked havoc" and the last thing we want in Motorsport is to start going down that route but if someone does start the ball rolling I should imagine that there would be a case perhaps ...but...the fundamental difference will be his defence...hell I should imagine there are a few out there now...ambulance chasers already plotting a case for HIM to get compensation....using things such as

1 Was there clear signage stating DO NOT ENTER or Authorised Personnel only?

2 What steps did the circuit take to ensure HIS safety

Mind you...JP if you are watching...i KNOW a way you can get them....its really simple

UNAUTHORISED PUBLISHING OF AN EVENT AT YOUR CIRCUIT!!!!

Read the small print on any circuit that MSV owns and THATS how you can get him!..he filmed at the circuit (unauthorised) and then HE PUBLISHED IT!!!

Dont you DARE thank me JP...thats the SECOND favour I've done you...remember!

PS...if the little **** comes ANYWHERE NEAR SNETT in August...I will show him some famous Essex Hospitality (not JP btw...the No Bottle Cottle or whatever his name is)
Old 18 Jun 2014, 11:52 (Ref:3423383)   #86
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
Having watched a few episodes of "Police - Camera - Action" and similar programmes, I doubt that this little retard will receive any meaningful penalty or punishment. We (on here) will have our own 'balanced' views but I would wager that he ends up with about a £250 fine.
The real downside will, I'm sure, lead to increased security which will lead to the costs being passed on all of us as competitors or organisers, so as Tim suggests, we'll all end up paying for his mindless behavior.
I disagree as I already said, a few rules and a bit of tightening up so why does that have to cost us.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 11:58 (Ref:3423390)   #87
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Read the small print on any circuit that MSV owns and THATS how you can get him!..he filmed at the circuit (unauthorised) and then HE PUBLISHED IT!!!
And if the Sun have paid him he has sold it for profit, Bang to Rights!
Old 18 Jun 2014, 12:07 (Ref:3423394)   #88
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This whole story has made my blood boil. Obviously nothing will change that what the guy did was incredibly stupid, but the damage would have been minimized if he's have said sorry afterwards. The fact he is openly bragging about it is what really infuriates me.

I see some are pointing fingers at security but, as has been said very early in the thread, surely no one at Brands Hatch every imagined anyone would ever try anything this stupid. Also - and again as highlighted by others - this is just going to result in a complete lock out of the pit lane area, ruining it for the 99.99% of people there who aren't complete morons.

I can't see the link in this thread (apologies if I've missed it), but I've just seen a local news report indicating that the teams involved in the race are looking at taking direct legal action against the driver of the Polo:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford...ndemned-18663/

"I am therefore looking at the legal possibilities of starting a combined law suit/class action against this moron to re-claim our race fees and costs as he ruined our race."

"With 26 teams or so in play at an average cost per team of say £4,000, then he could be looking at £104,000 plus legal fees in compensation."

I honestly think the CPS are likely to drop the case they have against him (the "False Imprisonment" charge), but this seems much more likely to stick, especially if the drivers are supported by the legal might of MSV. I hope MSV/the Fun Cup teams properly **** him.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 12:07 (Ref:3423395)   #89
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
I disagree as I already said, a few rules and a bit of tightening up so why does that have to cost us.
Al - I'm not saying it's right or fair but if MSV employ more security staff then that will certainly be incorporated in the circuit hire cost and will therefore be passed on to the competitor. That's business I'm afraid!
Old 18 Jun 2014, 12:08 (Ref:3423396)   #90
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Al

If someone makes a ruling that there needs to be more secure messures at club meetings such as ...better gates....more security staffing...tighter controls....do you think the circuit will provide that extra free of charge?...they wont....they will add the cost to the track hire agreement...or make it so that the organising club is responsible for it (as they technically are now) and therefore the extra cost will have to be taken from somewhere......who is the end user?...that will be the customer/competitor ...thing is....now you will have copycat numpties wanting to go one better...THAT is what worries me
Old 18 Jun 2014, 12:28 (Ref:3423407)   #91
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Theres another thread on this on pistonheads..

Someone raises a similar type of incident at Silverstone where a person with intent strayed deliberately on the track..

He was charged with aggravated tresspass and jailed..

When as a country did we become more concerned with concentrating on stable doors rather than the horse??

this incident has happenned hardly ever in my 40 odd years of watching motorsport..it would happen less if the punishment fitted the crime.

This person has in a pre meditated manner set out to cause a disturbance. he has then set up a facebook page to brag about it. The deterrant is the police taking action in such a way as to send a clear message to any other fool who thinks it is funny and clever to carry out such an act..

The whole do we dont we introduce measures, tighten security etc etc are a distraction to the remidy that is actually needed.

Has someone been round to his house to slap his mother?

N.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 12:32 (Ref:3423410)   #92
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
..thing is....now you will have copycat numpties wanting to go one better...THAT is what worries me
Well said and I'm sorry that this mindless little chav has received so much publicity. It would be better if we all shut up about it and hope that the little creep involved just curls up and dies, preferably after a substantial fine and the confiscation of his car. However, my faith in British justice does not fill me with any optimism !!!!!!!
Old 18 Jun 2014, 13:01 (Ref:3423417)   #93
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I believe this guys undoing will be the bragging on Facebook, like Twitter its documented and cannot be undone so if he suddenly finds himself in court the old 'I'm really sorry your honour it was a moment of madness' just will not work, he has done himself up like a kipper.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 14:41 (Ref:3423450)   #94
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just noticed the link I posted earlier is broken, here is the working link:

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford...ndemned-18663/
Old 18 Jun 2014, 15:28 (Ref:3423464)   #95
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
And this in the Sun
Attached Thumbnails
****.jpg  
Old 18 Jun 2014, 17:49 (Ref:3423506)   #96
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I have heard from a very reliable source that he has been told in no uncertain terms that he can't attend any sports type meetings in the foreseeable future otherwise he will be in bigger trouble .
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 Jun 2014, 19:19 (Ref:3423540)   #97
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ha! I was expecting just motor sport venues so I think this is great news. Part of the way to a fitting punishment.
Old 18 Jun 2014, 19:28 (Ref:3423543)   #98
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What authority has such a wide range off powers that it can stop him attending any sports event? MSA motorsports, yes, but he'll just go grasstrack or biking, or any other sport.

If it wasn't for the obvious dangers of motorsport, this is equivalent to 'streaking', or that idiot who swam at the Boat Race boats. The first gets an 'indecent exposure' charge, which won't work here, but the second got six months gaol and £750 fine for 'causing a public nuisance'. That's the charge to get this one!

JOhn
Old 19 Jun 2014, 08:53 (Ref:3423687)   #99
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I think when it comes out in court just how many people he has upset both on and off the track and the full extent of the costs involved to the competitors that any judge or magistrate is going to take this very seriously, let him brag now as I think he is now in real trouble.
Old 19 Jun 2014, 08:56 (Ref:3423688)   #100
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
There wouldn't be much point in prosecuting him as he probably has string of ASBOs as long as his arm and no doubt he'd get legal aid so we'd end up paying for it anyway.
Well he was boasting about how The Sun had paid him £5k for the interview.