Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 21 Nov 2003, 23:12 (Ref:791125)   #1
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
woodyracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Season Pass

got my renewal letter today, theres something missing...
err Silverstone!

anyone know what happend ?
Old 21 Nov 2003, 23:27 (Ref:791135)   #2
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not had anything through as of yet - Silverstone missing interesting......
Old 22 Nov 2003, 01:41 (Ref:791164)   #3
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Silverstone is leased by octagon, so when the Brands Hatch Leisure/old MCD circuits are sold off, if thay aren`t already, the four tracks, Brands, Snett, Oulton and Cadwell will be seperate from Silverstone which is owned by the BRDC.

Note no Octagon logo on the renewal, plus £25 increase for cars, with no CART next year or Friday GP practise.

And for the Bikes, also a £25 increase and only one WSB, as no Silverstone.

Still at least there are Season tickets on offer.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 22:23 (Ref:794473)   #4
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has everyone had the renewal letters as I am yet to recive anything
Old 25 Nov 2003, 22:32 (Ref:794475)   #5
Sarah W
Rookie

Sarah W should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't received mine.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 04:09 (Ref:794650)   #6
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've had mine - addressed to Mr. Caroline Allwood. So, they got my christian name right - anyone know who the mystery Mr Allwood might be?

Last edited by Carrie; 26 Nov 2003 at 04:09.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 09:23 (Ref:794800)   #7
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has this Mr Allwood anything to do with you logging on at 409 am this morning or shouldn't we ask !
Old 26 Nov 2003, 09:47 (Ref:794817)   #8
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey mine had a totally wrong surname on it but the right address
Must admit I totally missed the lack of Silverstone on there.
In fairness the CART race wasnt known about last year until after the season ticket offer was in place so it was a pleasant added bonus. The GP Friday is a blow though.
Given the 25% increase in the season ticket can we expect similar to happen to on the gate prices?
Old 26 Nov 2003, 12:07 (Ref:794954)   #9
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
I'd prefer a BTCC pass than this offering. Now there's only 1 eligible circuit within 2 hours drive from me (Oulton).
Old 26 Nov 2003, 12:24 (Ref:794967)   #10
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What wee need is an East Midlands racing pass that allows access to Rockingham, Mallory, Donington & Silverstone
Old 27 Nov 2003, 18:48 (Ref:796318)   #11
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I see from today's Autosport that Silverstone are going to be doing a season pass for next year - cost £99, so that £125 for Brands etc and £99 for Silverstone - total cost £224. Lets think we got all the same stuff for £100. Now I no about the sale of BHL etc. I know which one I'll be getting........
Old 29 Nov 2003, 00:20 (Ref:797652)   #12
woodyracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
me too,
none! :|
Old 29 Nov 2003, 08:50 (Ref:798024)   #13
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what about Vic Lee - he was saying he was going to do a BTCC season pass but he hasn't updated the site yet.
Old 29 Nov 2003, 10:33 (Ref:798107)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
At the time I was getting a lot of pressure to help promote that idea via 10 Tenths - this pressure has completely stopped of late. Also remember that they did a trial run at the end of last season and I don't believe that this was particularly succesful so maybe they've decided against the idea?
Old 29 Nov 2003, 21:18 (Ref:798437)   #15
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem with his trial run was that it included OP and we had all bought Octagon season tickets that already inc. it. You can't get us to buy the same tickets twice
Old 30 Nov 2003, 12:45 (Ref:799191)   #16
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well maybe you need to remind *him* of that fact - if he's talking to you again yet?
Old 17 Jan 2004, 09:37 (Ref:841371)   #17
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So has anyone bought a Brands Hatch or Snetterton , Outlon etc season pass yet ?....

Are they still available now that J. Palmer and his group have bought out the circuits ?..

Im thinking of getting a BRands Hatch pass and wondered if anyone could confirm how much they cost and if they are available ?
Old 18 Jan 2004, 11:09 (Ref:842247)   #18
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well i sent my return slip off on friday in recorded post!I paid for mine just before Christmas and received a confirmation note and a reply slip soon after. It said to recover your pass you needed to send this slip back to Brands which is what I did Friday so I wait to see!

It's £125 for the pass by the way

Last edited by Gaz; 18 Jan 2004 at 11:10.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 11:30 (Ref:842263)   #19
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, a typical Brands farce!! My order went in about two weeks ao. I received what I thought was my pass last week.... When I opened it I found it was a gift voucher which was redeemable for a pass when filled in with the reference number on my covering letter!!!! Bloody Hell!!! Why didnt they just send me the pass and cut down their marketing/advertising/promotional costs.....

I presume its a method of giving the punters something in their hand for their £125 while they dilly-dally prior to getting the Motorsport Vision logos on everything.

My voucher will go in the post tomorrow - I expect by the end of the week I will have received a new "Super-Voucher" which, when completed together with six customer-specfic id numbers (to be sent to me by separate couriers under the cover of darkness) I will be able to claim my new "Motorsport Vision season-pass.........Application Form"!!!!!!
Old 18 Jan 2004, 19:50 (Ref:842607)   #20
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hehehehehe......cheers guys ...looks like i better phone them up tomorrow then and ask for the 1st aplication form , otherwise at this rate , i will never get all the forms filled in before the season start !..
Old 18 Jan 2004, 20:08 (Ref:842625)   #21
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Well I never did get a renewal form. I think I am not going to both with a season ticket for either Brands or Silverstone and I will just pay on the gate instead or look out for ticket offers.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 20:23 (Ref:842639)   #22
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Yeh, suppose it depends how many meetings you plan to do, I mean I'm the kind of nutter planning on attending every BTCC and F3 meeting next year. And the odd weekends I have off will be spent at Oulton Park so in my case it's worth it!
Old 31 Jan 2004, 12:18 (Ref:857497)   #23
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
2 weeks later and my season pass hasn't arrived!Rung Brands yesterday to be told "they were still trying to work out the format the pass will take"...umm...sorry...what?They told me just to take some ID and my confirmation letter along to any meeting I decide to go to if I haven't received the pass!Hang on a sec, racing doesn't start till end of March and its only the first week of February!I hold little hope on this one......
Old 29 Feb 2004, 15:52 (Ref:889233)   #24
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by Les
what about Vic Lee - he was saying he was going to do a BTCC season pass but he hasn't updated the site yet.
Well it looks like they finally realesed details:-

Entrance to all 10 Rounds TOCA rounds
VIP Hospitality
Factory Tour
Car Sticker
Free Umberella
and several other benfits.

All this for £190, I might be tempted. There are more details on the VLR website http://www.rtweb.co.uk/vlrltd/ and click on club VLR.
Old 29 Feb 2004, 18:07 (Ref:889284)   #25
pauldavid
Racer

pauldavid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
help

Me and the wife have been season pass holders for the last 5 years and yet so far we have recieved NO info at all from Brands, i looked on the Brands web site and could find no details of fixtures or anything. Oh dear i thought Octogon were a pile of #### but this new lot have not even sorted out their Web Site. I have been busy recently and have only just realised that the BEMSEE bikes start next weekend. As i have not heard anything from the new owners and as a result do not have a season pass, is this the £1 for bikes day saturday?. how on earth are they going to make it work if they can't even contact previous pass holders.
Anyone know where i can download a full fixture list for Brands?