Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Mar 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2427421)   #151
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
I had a D grade $50 box, and it was like watching the winter Olympics 24/7. But a better quality box with a new decent aerial makes the old Cathode Ray job come up a billion dollars
What I found most interesting when going to buy the set top box was asking what brands there were in that space.

"DGTEC" and "STRONG" are the leaders apparently.

Who??

Where's Sony/Panasonic/LG/Samsung/Philips etc etc??

No, "DGTEC" and "STRONG" are the leaders

$100 later and selecting one of 12 separate installation options (why is it so bloody complicated??) and we are away....

Perfect picture, stereo sound... cool.

Why isnt this advertised better? I went and bought because of the ads on Channel Seriously that OneHD was coming and I could see NASCAR for free...

But they dont tell you the aerial may suck (mine didnt but I discovered other people who needed Mr Antenna...) and the reception is then crap... and you need a receiver for every teev in the house...

Not terribly modern.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 29 Mar 2009, 00:52 (Ref:2427492)   #152
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Not terribly modern.
Yeah it sounds like you Aerial and TVs are not terribly modern

If you want to get fancy get a set to box with a HDD so you can record the nascar which is on at odd hours and watch it whenever you want, never miss a thing.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 01:59 (Ref:2427515)   #153
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by St00ge View Post
Yeah it sounds like you Aerial and TVs are not terribly modern

If you want to get fancy get a set to box with a HDD so you can record the nascar which is on at odd hours and watch it whenever you want, never miss a thing.
They arent modern...
Old 29 Mar 2009, 03:39 (Ref:2427534)   #154
Bodog
Rookie

Australia
Bodog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race 3 is underway
Old 29 Mar 2009, 04:16 (Ref:2427545)   #155
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
R3

Did Mr Bright make a mistake or get pitched into the fence?
Old 29 Mar 2009, 04:20 (Ref:2427546)   #156
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
What's the deal with HRT's power steering systems? Mr Davison reckoned that his was almost toast at the end of R3 as well...

Strange that the same problem has hit this team in 3 races in the series so far
Old 29 Mar 2009, 05:00 (Ref:2427554)   #157
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange how? No different to other problems they've had.

Specifically the shifter issue (i notice Tkelly hasn't snapped a single shifter since leaving HRT)
Old 29 Mar 2009, 05:01 (Ref:2427555)   #158
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What's the deal with HRT's power steering systems? Mr Davison reckoned that his was almost toast at the end of R3 as well...

Probably the Scot got a real good deal from the Bovver Boys after they stripped the Power Steering pumps out of some Astra cars that are parked at Heathrow!!

Again Holden are at least 0.5 second a lap off the T8 cars' race pace. Lowndes gapped the second car at about 0.75 second a lap in Race 3
Old 29 Mar 2009, 05:06 (Ref:2427557)   #159
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I am in Syd and had ONE yesterday morning, but nothing since, keeps searching for it. Have yet to see a V8 race.
Hope it improves for the rest of the year.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 29 Mar 2009, 05:16 (Ref:2427565)   #160
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
I am in Syd and had ONE yesterday morning, but nothing since, keeps searching for it. Have yet to see a V8 race.
Hope it improves for the rest of the year.
That may be due to One transmitting in HD yesterday (up until 6PM anyway) and today and Ten transmitting the same thing in SD.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 09:31 (Ref:2427873)   #161
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Don't build components within a pooftenth of their tolerance.

Metal prices have got cheaper, you tight Scotsman!!!!
Old 29 Mar 2009, 23:16 (Ref:2428487)   #162
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supporting the F1 makes the V8s look bad. Honestly, the V8s were so boring on the weekend I didn't bother with it.

After the excitement of qualifying on Saturday, Race 2 sent me to sleep. On Sunday I was just wishing it would go away so I could watch the F1.

Anyone with me?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 23:27 (Ref:2428495)   #163
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe if it was for points it'd increase the interest... but the series just looks so old and tired compared to F1.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 29 Mar 2009, 23:32 (Ref:2428502)   #164
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
what are you talking about rotor fan.

you didnt bother with it, so i assume that means you didnt watch it.

some great racing went on.

we saw a pass for podium on the last lap.

Now lets see F1. the pole sitter won and led the whole race. and the major point of excitment was if the pole sitter would be able to hang on once he switched to the dodgy super sticky tyres. if its a handicap, why bother