Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Jun 2009, 04:51 (Ref:2476760)   #51
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
True that, Vauxhall are stepping back from BTCC next year anyway so there'll be no 888 team there and no seat for JW anyway. I think he'd be better off in Europe trying sportscars.
Old 7 Jun 2009, 13:51 (Ref:2476956)   #52
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
True that, Vauxhall are stepping back from BTCC next year anyway so there'll be no 888 team there and no seat for JW anyway. I think he'd be better off in Europe trying sportscars.
888 won't necessarily be out of the BTCC, supposedly they are talking to Kia...

Whether Whincup had any interest in Europe though, i've only ever seen him state an interest in the US.
Old 8 Jun 2009, 10:27 (Ref:2477558)   #53
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just follow Marcos Jamie
Old 9 Jun 2009, 11:02 (Ref:2478294)   #54
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just leave, Jamie!!!
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 9 Jun 2009, 11:13 (Ref:2478300)   #55
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
he better take a hell of a lot of money with him if he wants to get into NASCAR
Old 9 Jun 2009, 11:18 (Ref:2478307)   #56
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Or a car near the back because of a poor day, straps on the soft tyres, with no fuel in the car, and goes about resetting the lap record to a level that would blow the existing laptimes away

I would doubt a car would do sub-2 minutes... even if the video games suggest it can be done but it could be fun to see just how good the drivers could do.
Remember Gre Ritter in the GRM Commodore in 2007? Or Tony Longhurst and David Besnard's run in an SBR Falcon in about... 99 or 00?

Those cars might have upset won because of freak conditions. And neither would be called deserving winners by many, but if you want wild cards that is what might happen.
Old 9 Jun 2009, 11:57 (Ref:2478328)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder if the word kicking around SEQ is true.. or more dreams from the Whincup camp...

...the story supposedly goes that if Mr Whincup were to sign at a certain Campbellfield based team for next season and the one after, that his first season in Nationwide would be assisted by a certain company with a blue oval as an emblem

Stranger things have happened I suppose...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Jun 2009, 12:04 (Ref:2478333)   #58
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
truck series would be more likely until he proved himself to Nascar.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 00:53 (Ref:2478816)   #59
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Thats what Marcos did and it makes a lot of sense, how many ovals do the V8s run on?
Old 10 Jun 2009, 02:47 (Ref:2478846)   #60
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ovals, meh.
Have do Le mans, bag a steer with Peugeot, drive Le Mans, Spa, Sebring, Road Atlanta, Silverstone, Nurb etc. Realise the grass wasn't greener, and come home.
Old 10 Jun 2009, 04:43 (Ref:2478876)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
he better take a hell of a lot of money with him if he wants to get into NASCAR
Interesting article in today's AA that suggests that Penske Racing hasnt been paid its owings by Dodge at the end of April.....

Wonder what chance there is of that obligation being fulfilled?

Makes the offer as suggested, of a subsidised ride, very attractive I should think
Old 10 Jun 2009, 09:06 (Ref:2478991)   #62
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What about WTCC?
Old 12 Jun 2009, 10:12 (Ref:2480853)   #63
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Danger Will Robinson...
Old 13 Jun 2009, 08:08 (Ref:2481417)   #64
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
While Chevrolet also reduces backing
Old 24 Jun 2009, 03:03 (Ref:2489494)   #65
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does THIS answer the question? I would imagine 3 or 4 years may not be sufficient to "Go all the way" in another series.. Is Jamie gonna stick around and ride out his career here in V8's? He would need to decide VERY soon I'd think...
Old 24 Jun 2009, 03:23 (Ref:2489496)   #66
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fair enough, yeah Marcos has taken afew years just to get to where he is now so 4 years isn't really going to produce great wonders in another top class category so maybe he is sticking around. who knows (besides Jamie)?????
Old 24 Jun 2009, 03:34 (Ref:2489497)   #67
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
Does THIS answer the question? I would imagine 3 or 4 years may not be sufficient to "Go all the way" in another series.. Is Jamie gonna stick around and ride out his career here in V8's? He would need to decide VERY soon I'd think...
Does he have a job outside motorsport lined up paying $550k per year?
Old 24 Jun 2009, 23:33 (Ref:2490133)   #68
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore View Post
Remember Gre Ritter in the GRM Commodore in 2007? Or Tony Longhurst and David Besnard's run in an SBR Falcon in about... 99 or 00?

Those cars might have upset won because of freak conditions. And neither would be called deserving winners by many, but if you want wild cards that is what might happen.
Longhurst and Besnard were the best combination at Bathurst in 2000. Of course they should have won, 100% deserved if not for Faulkner antics. An absolute leading combination in #9.

Besnard was a superstar at the time, he qualified on pole at his first championship series attempt didn't he?
Old 24 Jun 2009, 23:34 (Ref:2490136)   #69
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by krypto71 View Post
truck series would be more likely until he proved himself to Nascar.
or even ARCA like Scott Speed?
Old 25 Jun 2009, 00:32 (Ref:2490157)   #70
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
He's been racing since 7 years old so it is no surprise really after 20 years of doing something you'd like to move on.

I've sensed in interviews with him that he has other interests and wants more challenges and realistically there probably is a lot more in life than winning a championship multiple times over again. And plenty of other driving challenges around the world.
Old 25 Jun 2009, 01:00 (Ref:2490165)   #71
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its getting lots of airplay huh...

Will it be like the FIA/FOTA diatribe... lots of noise, lots of huff, lots of puff.. and in the end, it goes back to how it was..

Whincup to 888 again in '10?
Old 25 Jun 2009, 05:10 (Ref:2490213)   #72
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
???

click here

Quote:
There are several influencing factors which will force me to make a decision.

The frustrating soft tyre rule may be one of those.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 25 Jun 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2490269)   #73
Amaroo Park
Veteran

Australia
New South Wales
Amaroo Park should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if he only wants to drive till he is 30 then he better make the next choice a real good one.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 01:36 (Ref:2490796)   #74
emjaya
Racer

Aland Islands
in a house
emjaya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Its getting lots of airplay huh...

Will it be like the FIA/FOTA diatribe... lots of noise, lots of huff, lots of puff.. and in the end, it goes back to how it was..

Whincup to 888 again in '10?
Quote:
I could create a bit of a storyline (now), but what’s the point in that?”
Ummm, self promotion perhaps?

As Axeman444 said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
might be linked to a contract renewal and a bit of bluff?
In reality, who would want him? Whincup is a touring car driver, from Australia, is in his late twenties and has no real money behind him. The world is full of drivers, just like him.
Old 26 Jun 2009, 12:21 (Ref:2491030)   #75
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
im not sure it is full of people like him.
we have two in australia (rick and Jamie) surely there cant be that many more world wide