Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Mar 2010, 08:15 (Ref:2654003)   #26
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Intersport has now withdrawn due to the damage to their car. In addition, Creation are no longer on the entry list.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 08:21 (Ref:2654007)   #27
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gonna have to update most of the links in the OP as the ALMS has launched a new site and moved everything.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 09:07 (Ref:2654033)   #28
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
shame about Intersport, this is probably their first year in LMP1 where they could have had a real shot at the podium for the first time in a while at Sebring. Hopefully they will have the car sorted come round 2.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 11:06 (Ref:2654091)   #29
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
To make sure we are on the same page here, the ALMS supplies timing sheets for all IMSA/ALMS sanctioned sessions. They are not inclusive of every lap nor of sector times. The ALMS also provided time sheets (in their format) for the WDWT. Currently the testing just completed was a promoter/track testing session and was not IMSA/ALMS sanctioned, therefore nothing officially was recorded.
L.P.
Understood. It isn't an official IMSA Test so there aren't any timing sheets from them. Thanks!
Old 17 Mar 2010, 11:23 (Ref:2654100)   #30
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
hoppelemine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post

The ALMS and Ten-Tenths supported Spotter Guide for 12 hours of Sebring is now online at www.spotterguides.com and news section of www.andyblackmoredesign.com (just in case SG doesn't work - had some problems yesterday)

Thanks to the majority of teams, the ALMS, John Dagys and Ten-Tenths very own Hugewally for all their help with reference.

Any mistakes, please email or PM me....

thanks all
Andy
Another great Spotters Guide, Thanks Andy, this will really brighten up my cubicle!
Old 17 Mar 2010, 11:32 (Ref:2654106)   #31
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
there is a mistake with the risi cars, 62 should be the one painted ferrari red, and 61 krohn green! another great guide andy, thanks
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 12:17 (Ref:2654133)   #32
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
there is a mistake with the risi cars, 62 should be the one painted ferrari red, and 61 krohn green! another great guide andy, thanks

I believe Andy requested "Any mistakes, please email or PM me...." I think it is only fair that we respect that. The time and effort he puts into these guides is huge and the results fantastic, lets not undermine that and post errors here for all to see. I have already sent him a message regarding the error you have highlighted to all of us.

Sorry to sound such a bore but it would frustrate me if I was in his position.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 12:23 (Ref:2654137)   #33
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
you are apsolutly right, and not a bore at all, I apologise to andy!
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 12:25 (Ref:2654139)   #34
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
Now lets all hug!
Old 17 Mar 2010, 12:28 (Ref:2654140)   #35
tux1234
Racer

tux1234 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey hands off my........

Hope Aston can push Peugeot all the way to the end.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 12:31 (Ref:2654143)   #36
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux1234 View Post
Hey hands off my........

Hope Aston can push Peugeot all the way to the end.

Sorry I thought that was your .......

I hope your right, I'm hoping that we are in for the first ever proper petrol vs.diesel battle. Maybe we could see an upset with Aston Martin winning?
Old 17 Mar 2010, 12:33 (Ref:2654146)   #37
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
I don't see that happening at all. Has the Aston been up to the speed of the 908 on any track before? I don't think so...

This is a pretty easy one to win for the Peugeot guys if they just manage to keep the cars away from the garage.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 12:36 (Ref:2654149)   #38
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
it would be sweet if Aston wins
Old 17 Mar 2010, 12:41 (Ref:2654153)   #39
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post
I don't see that happening at all. Has the Aston been up to the speed of the 908 on any track before? I don't think so...
No it hasn't, but they've never raced with the new ACO 'performance balancing' regulations on restrictor sizes etc.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 12:51 (Ref:2654159)   #40
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if Peugeot will drop their pace to somewhere just a little in front of the Aston. Firstly to help reliability and secondly to make it look like the latest ACO rule tweaks have worked and thus leaving them some leeway for June.....
Old 17 Mar 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2654164)   #41
hoppelemine
Racer

England
Dorset, UK
That wouldn't suprise me in the slightest. Could AMR be sandbagging also? If I could be bothered I'd look up their fastest time from the wheels down winter test and compare it with times from this week.

Nobody wants to show their hand to early!
Old 17 Mar 2010, 13:43 (Ref:2654186)   #42
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
E-I is bringing todays test, with a live coverage here is the http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...en-direct.html

I think it will also be covered by americanlemans.com live timing and scoring
Old 17 Mar 2010, 13:55 (Ref:2654193)   #43
vancecooley
Rookie

United States
United States
vancecooley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame about Intersport. Seemed like they were very quick this year. I look forward to AM vs Pug this sat, but man I wish the Audi's where there for this battle..
Old 17 Mar 2010, 14:13 (Ref:2654205)   #44
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
While it's impossible to compare tack conditions, ambient temperatures, the exact specification of the cars, (and whether Peugeot is heavily sandbagging), but it's worth noting that the fast time set by Peugeot on Tuesday of 1:46.2 was well off the 1:43.8 set by Audi in private testing six weeks ago.
source: http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...day-notebook1/
Old 17 Mar 2010, 15:05 (Ref:2654249)   #45
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
you are apsolutly right, and not a bore at all, I apologise to andy!
no problem. sent the updated file to Grant to upload manually. Should be up soon
Old 17 Mar 2010, 15:16 (Ref:2654253)   #46
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
I was just looking closly at some of the cars in the guide, thats apsolutly fenomenal work!!! the amount of details is excelent!!
Old 17 Mar 2010, 15:28 (Ref:2654257)   #47
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
merlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmerlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peugeot are not idiots. I doubt we will really see what the car has got until the green flag drops at Le Mans. I could be wrong though, it is a 3 year old design now and only so much re-working of the chassis and set up can be done. Still, I think the basic design of it is sound enough that it will still be competitive with Audi in July.

Thanks Andy B! I've been using your spotter guides for going on my third year now. I print it and laminate it with a race schedule on the other side to carry with me the whole race weekend. Your efforts are well and truly appreciated!!!!

I leave work at 3:30 to begin the drive to Florida. I have no idea how I am going to get any work done this afternoon.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 17:20 (Ref:2654337)   #48
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks as always Andy!
Old 17 Mar 2010, 17:26 (Ref:2654342)   #49
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First test session starts in about an hour. ALMS has once again waited till the last minute and opened a new site, so the timing and scoring link in the thread starter is incorrect (request for change in) so this will be the link until the url can be subbed. Sorry, working on it.

http://scoring.americanlemans.com/index_live2.php

L.P.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 17:30 (Ref:2654345)   #50
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
First test session starts in about an hour. ALMS has once again waited till the last minute and opened a new site, so the timing and scoring link in the thread starter is incorrect (request for change in) so this will be the link until the url can be subbed. Sorry, working on it.

http://scoring.americanlemans.com/index_live2.php

L.P.
oh bloody 'ell they just added a 2 to the damed link, why do that, there is no point to it, well at least to my non WebBuilder mind anyway