Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 25 Mar 2010, 07:04 (Ref:2659631)   #751
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I won't buy any Audi either but that has to do with them throwing 700 million euro into the throat of football club Bavaria Munich
Old 25 Mar 2010, 23:38 (Ref:2660159)   #752
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I can pretty much guarantee that I'll never buy a Peugeot, but it has nothing to do with the incident in question.
Since you live in the US, you couldn't buy one even if you wanted to!

DK
Old 26 Mar 2010, 03:24 (Ref:2660214)   #753
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Since you live in the US, you couldn't buy one even if you wanted to!

DK

Well, not a new one anyway.
Old 27 Mar 2010, 00:48 (Ref:2660788)   #754
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk View Post
No. That is hyperbolic and rather insane. You are taking some unconfirmed suggestions, adding them together and getting 2+2 = 87.
My attempt at irony failed then!
Old 27 Mar 2010, 14:03 (Ref:2661032)   #755
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watched the race, all 12 hours since 1030 this morning (with the amazing SuperGT race during the 2h where Speed TV was playing NASCAR, Eurosport really needs to come here, PLM would be nice too, and 6h Laguna rather than some crap week delayed 2h highlights, but I'll quit rambling)

Guess the ACO is happy, they screwed Audi with the late regulations and still left the gap to huge for petrol cars to be competitive. All Puegoet had to do was run a flawless race and they would have a 1-2, they weren't being pushed around by anyone so it was just a Saturday drive. Good job to them, it is not easy at all, but like PLM last year (where they got lucky with the weather) it isn't a huge win IMO.

GT2 could have been better, but some good racing. The SC kinda screwed everyone when Risi got almost a lap at race speed when everyone else was behind it, but ohwell.

LMP2 was meh. Good job to Muscle Milk but had Acura not ran into problems IDk what would have happened. Well the more reliable car one and that's endurance racing.

GTC was just GTC, fairly boring. Didn't see much if any racing, just them getting passed by everyone. Need sped up alittle. If you ask me I think the ACO needs a GT3 class with FIA regs (but allow tires and alternate fuels) and speed up GT2 alittle (rather than slow down which is what they have said they want done). Should make it accessible for a team with a GT3 spec car to move up to GT2 with some parts.

LMPC was a very good debut IMO and I can see it growing further. One main thing I noticed was the commentators were saying how it was tough for them to get parts, even having to run around with broken parts which could be replaced had they had any. What happened to the Courage-Oreca parts truck at every event? The cars lasted the test of Sebring and had some good battles sometimes aswell. I think tires and fuels should be allowed for the teams to choose, and they do need sped up abit, they were struggling to pass GT2 cars staying behind them all lap only slowly passing on the backstraight. These are prototypes and should be only a few seconds slower than LMP2 (on a 2min benchmark LMP2 lap) Lastly I think leader lights should be installed on the cars, they all had purple LED's in the cockpit so why not those?

So not a bad Sebring IMO, could definatly be worse. Can't wait for the 8h Pual Ricard LMS event to see how the FLM cars are aswell as the European teams and Audi racing again against the 908 (be it the ORECA-Matmut entry). PLM should be a good one this year aswell with European teams flying over for the ICC, Puegoet is to scared of getting beat though and will just be 'working on their 2011 car' Their 'win' last year is good enough for them.
Old 27 Mar 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2661090)   #756
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog07 View Post
LMPC was a very good debut IMO and I can see it growing further. One main thing I noticed was the commentators were saying how it was tough for them to get parts, even having to run around with broken parts which could be replaced had they had any. What happened to the Courage-Oreca parts truck at every event?
Maybe Oreca expected less interest in the class and didn't have enough parts ready?
Old 27 Mar 2010, 16:57 (Ref:2661091)   #757
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
Maybe Oreca expected less interest in the class and didn't have enough parts ready?
I would think that as probably, pretty spot on.

L.P.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 02:49 (Ref:2661350)   #758
Birddog07
Racer

United States
Pittsburgh
Birddog07 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Possibly. As the first event I thought it went very well considering the race length and reliability of the cars. Everyone at ALMS and Oreca-Courage should be happy. We'll see (well hopefully there will be some TV race coverage) if they have as flawless of a debut in Europe in April at the 8h Pual Ricard. The cars are classified as LMP2 in the LMS, so will they mave speeds to match them? I know they are capible of doing it. Parts logistics should be better seeing as it's in France, maybe part of the parts problem was getting them to the track?
Old 1 Apr 2010, 03:56 (Ref:2664571)   #759
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have posted it before here, and I will say it again, IMSA completely screwed up the SC period for the GT2 race, period. It was documented; it's on video; everyone's seen it, whether they admit or not is another story. But it happened. Very amateurish. Who's in charge her? I'm done.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 06:49 (Ref:2664602)   #760
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
ubrben has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxracefan View Post
I have posted it before here, and I will say it again, IMSA completely screwed up the SC period for the GT2 race, period. It was documented; it's on video; everyone's seen it, whether they admit or not is another story. But it happened. Very amateurish. Who's in charge her? I'm done.
Can you give me a play by play on what happened. I was in the pits looking after tyres and next thing I know we're 90 seconds behind?

Ben
Old 1 Apr 2010, 10:32 (Ref:2664720)   #761
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubrben View Post
Can you give me a play by play on what happened. I was in the pits looking after tyres and next thing I know we're 90 seconds behind?

Ben
witch team did/do you work for
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 11:16 (Ref:2664743)   #762
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
witch team did/do you work for
If we were on the lead lap and ended up 90 secs behind that narrows it down... :-)
Old 1 Apr 2010, 11:37 (Ref:2664754)   #763
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ok, from what i remeber there were 2 safty cars deployed toward the end of the race and on both occasions risi was given a wave by. Under the ALMS rules this wouldn't have happened, but since sebring is run aunder ACO rules it ruined the gt2 race toward the end! BTW your team was very fast, did you use any rocket boosters
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2664852)   #764
ubrben
Veteran

United Kingdom
Birmingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
Ok, from what i remeber there were 2 safty cars deployed toward the end of the race and on both occasions risi was given a wave by. Under the ALMS rules this wouldn't have happened, but since sebring is run aunder ACO rules it ruined the gt2 race toward the end! BTW your team was very fast, did you use any rocket boosters
No just the right rubber ;-)

Ben
Old 1 Apr 2010, 23:40 (Ref:2665162)   #765
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
My attempt at irony failed then!
I think you must have been attempting sarcasm, or your attempt at irony failed more spectacularly than you think!

Good to know you're not nuts though.
Old 8 Apr 2010, 03:17 (Ref:2668610)   #766
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
IMSA STEWARDS RULE ON SEBRING LMPC EXCLUSIONS
Green Earth Team Gunnar No. 99, Level 5 Motorsports No. 95 reinstated
http://www.americanlemans.com/primar...cat=news|14649
Old 8 Apr 2010, 12:24 (Ref:2668808)   #767
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess at the end of the day, the rule gets the series some entries.

Chris
Old 16 Apr 2010, 21:49 (Ref:2673911)   #768
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was watching a replay of the start of the race and, thanks to a hi def replay, I saw something I had missed during the original broadcast.

At the start, the Cytosport Porsche Spyder Got jumped by the Dyson Mazda on the S/F straight, but then, one of the LMPc cars also got by between turns 1 & 2. For the next few shots of the front of the field, you could see the Spyder stuck behind the LMPc(Probably the #55)

Would anyone know if the Cytosport driver was just overly cautious on cold tires or did he have a real struggle with the LMPc car? The Speed TV broadcast didn't show much of the mid pack struggles early in the race.

dh
Old 17 Apr 2010, 04:32 (Ref:2674024)   #769
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd go with cautious or maybe snookered. Can't see an LMPC out dragging an P2 car.