Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 Apr 2010, 09:12 (Ref:2666977)   #1
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
IMSA/ACO severe weather contingency plans?

I thought of this as right now there's a thundershower near my home, and I can hear the thunder and see the lightning. I know that IMSA instituted a rule at the end of last season that if a race was stopped before half-way that it would be restarted as soon as possible either that same day or sometime the following day. But this is more about weather condtions like lightning and such.

During Le Mans 2001, at least one strong thunderstom with lightning occured, and during the Malaysian GP at times, severe thunderstoms with frequent lightning have occured. And doubtlessly, at PLM last year, there were some lightning strikes that occured with the rainstoms there.

Does the ACO or IMSA have some type of contingency plans for such weather as far as the lightning is concerned. At LM 2001, there were thunderstoms and I never heard of the grandstands being evactulated or fans/personel being encouraged to seek better shelter. I know that some NASCAR races were briefly stopped or delayed when thunderstorms were within a certian distance of the circuit. Does IMSA or the ACO have something similar in place for the ALMS, LMS, or Le Mans?