Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 15 Dec 2015, 00:28 (Ref:3597836)   #26
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
P
0 DeltaWing Racing Cars DeltaWing DWC13
1 Tequila Patrón ESM Ligier JS P2 HPD
5 Action Express Racing Coyote Corvette DP
10 Wayne Taylor Racing Dallara Corvette DP
31 Action Express Racing Coyote Corvette DP
60 Michael Shank Racing Ligier JS P2 HPD
70 SpeedSource Lola B08/80 Mazda/AER
90 VisitFlorida.com Racing Coyote Corvette DP
01 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Ford DP*
02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Ford DP*
07 SpeedSource Lola B08/80 Mazda/AER
X SMP Racing BR Engineering BR01 Nissan
Nitpicking time! The 07 Mazda is no more. It is now the 55. (source: http://www.racer.com/imsa/item/12451...ototype-lineup )
Old 15 Dec 2015, 00:57 (Ref:3597841)   #27
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Please tell me there's Porsche RS Spyder under special dispensation hiding behind the curtains... ;P
Did somebody say Penske....?
Old 15 Dec 2015, 04:09 (Ref:3597869)   #28
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
John Dagy's did and it didn't go well
Old 15 Dec 2015, 10:14 (Ref:3597907)   #29
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Given the Great Porsche DP Debacle of 2009, which Penske got caught up in, I don't see Penske returning to the US sportscar scene anytime soon. Despite recent changes.
Old 15 Dec 2015, 12:33 (Ref:3597936)   #30
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Remind me of the said debacle? I don't recall caring of Grand-Am back then (either)
Old 15 Dec 2015, 13:07 (Ref:3597947)   #31
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
merlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmerlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't that when the factory endorsed motor in a DP was the flat 6 but the hot setup was actually a Cayenne based V8 race motor made by someone in...Texas? Factory was not pleased if I recall.
Old 15 Dec 2015, 19:12 (Ref:3597985)   #32
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just wanted to say, 600 euro for a flight to Daytona and back... It's tempting!
Old 15 Dec 2015, 19:48 (Ref:3597994)   #33
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlot brougham View Post
Wasn't that when the factory endorsed motor in a DP was the flat 6 but the hot setup was actually a Cayenne based V8 race motor made by someone in...Texas? Factory was not pleased if I recall.

Brumos used the Cayenne V8 in their DP to win Daytona in 2009 much to the annoyance of Porsche heh heh.
Old 15 Dec 2015, 20:00 (Ref:3597996)   #34
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Brumos used the Cayenne V8 in their DP to win Daytona in 2009 much to the annoyance of Porsche heh heh.
I forgot about this. They should have entered it as a "Ruf", or a "Darche", or something.
Old 15 Dec 2015, 20:26 (Ref:3598000)   #35
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Remind me of the said debacle? I don't recall caring of Grand-Am back then (either)
Brumos won the 24 Hours of Daytona over Ganassi. Ganassi whined HARD about the Porsche-engined DPs having a clear and significant power advantage, even though it was clear to anyone with a brain that Brumos just had their car trimmed out more - The Brumos car ran away from Ganassi on the oval sections, but the Ganassi car rapidly closed the gap on the infield sections(to the point where they could make overtaking attempts), and none of the other Porsche-powered DPs(including Penske) were even in the same zip code in the lap times.

Grand-Am sided with Ganassi, and took away a large amount of revs, as well as sixth gear, from all Porsche DPs. All of them were left hideously uncompetitive. Just before Watkins Glen, GA restored half of the removed revs and the sixth gear. The cars were closer but still uncompetitive.

The remaining stolen revs were restored with two races to go. Brumos took a second win at the finale, but Penske never got a chance to win thanks to the debacle. Any chance of Penske continuing in the series was killed by this disaster.

Important to remember, though, is that Grand-Am DID learn their lesson from it - they were far more cautious about making BoP adjustments from then on, and many of those who learned that lesson the hard way are still part of the officials who determine BoP for the current series. IMSA is troubled, but they're actually in a better state thanks to that disaster than they would likely be otherwise. Imagine how bad the BoP might be if such a debacle HADN'T occurred!
Old 15 Dec 2015, 20:26 (Ref:3598001)   #36
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Not really... Porsche actually started supporting that engine after the win.
Old 19 Dec 2015, 08:30 (Ref:3598721)   #37
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Never mind the ever questionable fiddlings itself, judging by this Roar BoP sheet they are not expecting the Oak Judd of Krohn there, or any other LMP2 model not already announced
http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...erformance.pdf

RPM limits conquer GTE
Old 19 Dec 2015, 09:06 (Ref:3598727)   #38
Deleted
Veteran

Entry deadline has (technically) closed

Now, the maximum grid capacity has been lowered to 60 per SR
http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...0120215%20.pdf

Who comes up with nonsense, same artificial lowering than at PLM for no reason. CTSCC has gone from 80's few years ago to 70 too. Has FIA talked to them or something?

Yes, yes, I know they're not expecting that many starters anyways, but what are these changes for if not something.
Old 19 Dec 2015, 15:15 (Ref:3598791)   #39
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Entry deadline has (technically) closed

Now, the maximum grid capacity has been lowered to 60 per SR
http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...0120215%20.pdf

Who comes up with nonsense, same artificial lowering than at PLM for no reason. CTSCC has gone from 80's few years ago to 70 too. Has FIA talked to them or something?

Yes, yes, I know they're not expecting that many starters anyways, but what are these changes for if not something.

PR - it gives them the opportunity to tout "Full Field!", just like their managed "Closest Finish Ever!" etc. etc.
Old 19 Dec 2015, 16:13 (Ref:3598795)   #40
Deleted
Veteran

Don't buy it as Varsha would probably still call it full field at 50
Old 20 Dec 2015, 15:28 (Ref:3598973)   #41
EricW
Rookie

EricW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Never mind the ever questionable fiddlings itself, judging by this Roar BoP sheet they are not expecting the Oak Judd of Krohn there, or any other LMP2 model not already announced
http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...erformance.pdf

RPM limits conquer GTE
Interesting that you say they are not expecting any other LMP2 not already announced, but I noticed the HPD ARX-04B is on the BOP sheet. I am pretty sure no one has been announced to run that car, so could a surprise entry be in store?
Old 21 Dec 2015, 09:34 (Ref:3599118)   #42
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricW View Post
Interesting that you say they are not expecting any other LMP2 not already announced, but I noticed the HPD ARX-04B is on the BOP sheet. I am pretty sure no one has been announced to run that car, so could a surprise entry be in store?
Wow I completely glimpsed over that it seems. Indeed interesting.
Old 21 Dec 2015, 16:11 (Ref:3599219)   #43
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
HPD might run the updated car at the Roar as an "advertising exercise".
Old 23 Dec 2015, 10:00 (Ref:3599626)   #44
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Was not Viper Exchange running a second Viper in GTD ?
Old 23 Dec 2015, 13:14 (Ref:3599661)   #45
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
Was not Viper Exchange running a second Viper in GTD ?
They are,

Here is an updated list

P
0 DeltaWing Racing Cars DeltaWing DWC13
1 Tequila Patrón ESM Ligier JS P2 HPD
5 Action Express Racing Coyote Corvette DP
10 Wayne Taylor Racing Dallara Corvette DP
27 SMP Racing BR Engineering BR01 Nissan
31 Action Express Racing Coyote Corvette DP
55 SpeedSource Lola B08/80 Mazda/AER
60 Michael Shank Racing Ligier JS P2 HPD
70 SpeedSource Lola B08/80 Mazda/AER
90 VisitFlorida.com Racing Coyote Corvette DP
01 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Ford DP*
02 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley Ford DP*

PC
8 Starworks Motorsport Oreca FLM09
38 Performance Tech Oreca FLM09
52 PR1/Mathiasen Motorsports Oreca FLM09
54 CORE Autosport Oreca FLM09
85 JDC/Miller Motorsports Oreca FLM09
88 Starworks Motorsport Oreca FLM09
X BAR1 Motorsports Oreca FLM09
X BAR1 Motorsports Oreca FLM09*

GTLM
3 Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C7R
4 Corvette Racing Chevrolet Corvette C7R
24 BMW Team RLL BMW M6 GTLM
25 BMW Team RLL BMW M6 GTLM
62 Risi Competizione Ferrari 488 Italia GTE
66 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT GTE
67 Chip Ganassi Racing Ford GT GTE
72 SMP/AF Corse Ferrari 488 Italia GTE
068 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 488 Italia GTE
911 Porsche North America Porsche 911 RSR
912 Porsche North America Porsche 911 RSR

GTD
6 Stevenson Motorsport Audi R8 LMS
9 Stevenson Motorsport Audi R8 LMS
16 Change Racing Lamborghini Huracán GT3
22 Alex Job Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R
23 Alex Job Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R
28 Konrad Motorsport Lamborghini Huracán GT3
33 Riley Motorsports/Viper Exchange Dodge Viper GT3-R
44 Magnus Racing Audi R8 LMS
48 Paul Miller Racing Lamborghini Huracán GT3
51 Spirit of Race/SMP/AF Corse Ferrari 458 GT3
56 Black Swan Racing Porsche 911 GT3 R
63 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari 488 GT3
69 O'Gara Motorsport Lamborghini Huracán GT3
73 Park Place Motorsports Porsche 911 GT3 R
80 Lone Star Racing Dodge Viper GT3-R*
93 Riley Motorsports/Viper Exchange Dodge Viper GT3-R
96 Turner Motorsports BMW M6 GT3
97 Turner Motorsports BMW M6 GT3
98 Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
007 TRG AMR Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
009 TRG AMR Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
X Autometrics Motorsports Porsche 997 GT3 R
X 5th Porsche 911 GT3 R*

P: 10-12
PC: 7-8
GTLM: 11
GTD: 21-23
Total: 49-53
*Rumored/Unconfirmed
Old 27 Dec 2015, 22:40 (Ref:3600462)   #46
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
I haven't been keeping up with the news lately either, so, where are the Ford gt entry/ies???
Duuuuhhhh..... I'm so ashamed....

Can't delete my previous post, dang it....

btw, weren't 66 & 67 Busby's GTP #s?

Last edited by jimclark; 27 Dec 2015 at 22:53.

jimclark
Old 27 Dec 2015, 23:17 (Ref:3600469)   #47
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Wrong again....67 & 68..... I give up.

jimclark
Old 29 Dec 2015, 15:11 (Ref:3600710)   #48
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ga...p-for-daytona/

Defending winners in the 02. The 01 is an odd mix though: Lance Stroll (aka the crashiest kid in Euro F3 last year), Andy Priaulx, Brendon Hartley and Alex Wurz.
Old 29 Dec 2015, 15:43 (Ref:3600715)   #49
Coach Ep
Veteran

Never heard of Lance Stroll but I'm guessing he's Ganassi's new Sage Karam? More than enough mentoring experience among the rest of the crew though!

And is Wurz becoming the new team manager for Ganassi-Multimatic's WEC effort...?
Old 29 Dec 2015, 15:44 (Ref:3600716)   #50
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/ga...p-for-daytona/

Defending winners in the 02. The 01 is an odd mix though: Lance Stroll (aka the crashiest kid in Euro F3 last year), Andy Priaulx, Brendon Hartley and Alex Wurz.
Hartley has raced the 24 several times, but never with Ganassi so that's a bit of a surprise, But Wurz is very surprising since he just announced his retirement from racing last month!