Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Mar 2016, 20:24 (Ref:3622801)   #51
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Everything is possible yes, but that's what happens when you fiddle with BoP constantly (in "Prototype" class of all things), in the end you cannot be sure of anything.

Dragonspeed is having terrible year before actually racing a single kilometer. Le Mans entry rejection to lowly reserve position and potentially crap BoP for only non ACO event and second biggest event of the year.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 20:37 (Ref:3622804)   #52
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
A lot of DP supporters used to say that if the P2s got the same unfair advantage the DPs used to have, the P2 lovers would be happy.
But P2 fans are better than that, aren't they?
Absolutely not.

Based on all the crap I've seen across various social media and here.
Old 14 Mar 2016, 22:23 (Ref:3622834)   #53
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Absolutely not.

Based on all the crap I've seen across various social media and here.
Thankfully, the DP fans are better than that though when their cars dominate, right...?

Old 14 Mar 2016, 22:32 (Ref:3622843)   #54
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Old 15 Mar 2016, 04:14 (Ref:3622868)   #55
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yay. We've knocked out the DP vs LMP portion of this thread that comes up in all IMSA threads, so we can discuss the event itself now, right?

Hardly....

I wish I was F-L-A bound in two days!
Old 15 Mar 2016, 11:10 (Ref:3622945)   #56
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Thankfully, the DP fans are better than that though when their cars dominate, right...?

Based one everything I've seen? Yes.

This is the last I'll say on this subject in this thread, at least until during the race. It's ALWAYS the P2 people that start this **** every single time. Things will be going fine until some ACO fanboy comes in and gets all ****ed off at the fact that their preferred style of car isn't running away with the race. Go back through all the threads or various twitter squabbles and you'll see that to be the case. That or someone that prefers the DP style of cars will make a little joke and the person that prefers the P2 style of cars will take it to heart and get all ****ed off and bring up this stupid argument, again.

Team owners and drivers are a different case, I'm talking only about the fans.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 12:41 (Ref:3622968)   #57
Deleted
Veteran

And I'm sure the situation would have been ****exactly**** the same if
A) In 2+ years, LMP2s had won every single race against DP except three
B) The DP preference fanbase was larger than the LMP preference fanside
C) DP had been much faster than LMP2, and now the other formula had just been brought to their level for "fairness". Also the DPs were forced to compete with spec tires they hadn't run before and weren't optimized to, unlike the other category brought along

Go and look at some of the comments on the GARRA forums when Shank switched sides and started getting mere poles... immediate witch hunt for "unfair" BoP. Of course the minority voice is gonna be more silent.

Antway as I said couple of posts earlier,, when you screw around with (political) performance balancing too much, that is the result you get.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 13:03 (Ref:3622973)   #58
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Antway as I said couple of posts earlier,, when you screw around with (political) performance balancing too much, that is the result you get.
That is only the result you get if part of the divided base screams bloody murder for retribution to get even. Previous misbehavior of a third party does not excuse or justify current misbehavior of oneself. (there's plenty of examples in politics and society where we can identify this sickness of a pattern. Ethically, we should be beyond archaic standards though. One would think.) They might be asking for it, but there has to be someone giving in to the asking as well for it to become poisonous.

I rather have an ok BoP (and it seemed to definitly lean on the P2-heritage "P" cars in Daytona) than keeping tabs for an on-going "eye for an eye". I can acknowledge the BoP has been skewed this or that way in the past. I let go, though. Let's see the race to see how right they got it this time.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 13:49 (Ref:3622993)   #59
Deleted
Veteran

Admittely, some wise words there, though I might not have fully deciphered all of it

Whatever the case was with the first three years, it's bit of a tragedy that they could've fully got rid of the "rivalry" scenario for 2017, you know with the new regulations, but it sets to continue as "business as usual" to my eye.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 14:01 (Ref:3622998)   #60
Deleted
Veteran

"80% chance of rain for Saturday" ?
http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/story-298182.html
Old 15 Mar 2016, 14:42 (Ref:3623013)   #61
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Groan- (weather projection)
Old 15 Mar 2016, 15:02 (Ref:3623019)   #62
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Is the new rain tire only for P2's and PC's? If so that is going to be a big advantage to the LMP's.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 15:03 (Ref:3623020)   #63
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
90 degree rain = free shower + interesting racing + no sunburn.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 15:09 (Ref:3623023)   #64
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Sebring is not a great place for rain. Very flat, no real drainage. Projections for rain prior to race day mean the ground will be saturated so race day rain even less likely to drain away. Not a fascinating technical exercise, but likely extended caution laps.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 15:10 (Ref:3623024)   #65
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It is almost time for Sebring. The first race of the year at Daytona was a good one, and I'm hoping we are in for more of the same here. We expect around 50 cars to take the start, and the one I am most interested in seeing is the Dragonspeed Oreca 05. This will be the first race in the US for the 05, and they will be joined in the Proto ranks by guests ESM who were strong at Daytona and the Dragonspeed car was fast during the Sebring test. They could all mix things up for the overall victory.

Schedule

Entry List

Track Info

Weather

Spotters Guides

Radio

Timing & Scoring

FRC
Just FYI, the schedule listed there is the 2015 race. I was a bit confused as to the time zone conversion telling me the race day is Monday!
Old 15 Mar 2016, 15:18 (Ref:3623025)   #66
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Just FYI, the schedule listed there is the 2015 race. I was a bit confused as to the time zone conversion telling me the race day is Monday!
You mean it's not 2015?
thanks, I'll correct that.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 16:18 (Ref:3623033)   #67
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdave0 View Post
90 degree rain = free shower + interesting racing + no sunburn.
Never been to Sebring with rain before. It would seem like it would be quite a mess, that free shower without waiting in a line sure will be nice.

Also I have a spare parking pass if anyone is looking for one. I "should" be down there on Thursday.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 16:45 (Ref:3623038)   #68
Deleted
Veteran

Wet running 11 years ago in practice, Q was cancelled due to downpour

Old 15 Mar 2016, 16:47 (Ref:3623041)   #69
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Wet running 11 years ago in practice, Q was cancelled due to downpour

sweet no hotlinking image
Old 15 Mar 2016, 18:52 (Ref:3623068)   #70
Deleted
Veteran

Forgot Planet LM forbids it. Such obscure site in this day and age anyways.

Meanwhile, Shank says on S365:

“We feel good about where we are for Sebring. IMSA has taken boost away twice from us since the Daytona 24 so I am concerned about our raceability with the DPs. I am afraid they have taken us back to where we were in 2015. Our single biggest issue is never a single lap pace its always being able to race the DPs. We simply do not have the torque.”
Old 15 Mar 2016, 20:29 (Ref:3623092)   #71
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Part of me is really interested in a rainy, or at least partially rainy Sebring. I was watching Sebring coverage in 1996 and remember seeing Hans Stuck driving with one hand, wiping the windshield of the Champion 993 GT2 with a rag on a stick on the other, all while passing WSC cars going through turn 17... definitely made me a fan.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 20:52 (Ref:3623097)   #72
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsburgRS View Post
Part of me is really interested in a rainy, or at least partially rainy Sebring. I was watching Sebring coverage in 1996 and remember seeing Hans Stuck driving with one hand, wiping the windshield of the Champion 993 GT2 with a rag on a stick on the other, all while passing WSC cars going through turn 17... definitely made me a fan.
That was certainly an epic drive, made me even more of a fan than I already was.
Rain at Sebring is really a mixed bag - if not too heavy it just sinks into the superfine sand and slicks the track. Unfortunately, sometimes it is of monsoon caliber and messes everything up.
Old 15 Mar 2016, 21:21 (Ref:3623108)   #73
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My last trip was the only time it didn't rain (2014). I would've welcomed a little then! A bit warm.

There's been EPIC storms during the Sebring 12 before. Let's hope those stay away for the people in attendance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
You mean it's not 2015?
Where you live, it's 1970 something, but don't feel too bad; you'll catch up to the late 80s and where I live once the water levels rise enough to completely fill in the swamps.
Old 16 Mar 2016, 02:09 (Ref:3623157)   #74
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
My last trip was the only time it didn't rain (2014). I would've welcomed a little then! A bit warm.

There's been EPIC storms during the Sebring 12 before. Let's hope those stay away for the people in attendance.

Where you live, it's 1970 something, but don't feel too bad; you'll catch up to the late 80s and where I live once the water levels rise enough to completely fill in the swamps.
We made it out of the 70's years ago man! These foods are trying to send us back to the 1890's though.

I hope all the westcoast teams made it through the state and on to Sebring before I-10 was closed due to flooding.....
Old 16 Mar 2016, 02:16 (Ref:3623159)   #75
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've seen some terrible storms at Sebring. It's probably my biggest concern when camping. The weather is very turbulent this time of year.