Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 17 Apr 2016, 16:22 (Ref:3634036)   #26
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
Seems they won't be Periscoping it, so it's just going to be CBS Sports.
Is periscoping = web streaming? I thought WC usually streamed every race no matter the TV schedule.

Also, I had no idea the GTS class was even racing this weekend. Was there much of Friday and didn't see Mustangs or Camaros anywhere (unless you count the Formula Drift cars they had hidden away in the kids zone).
Old 17 Apr 2016, 16:30 (Ref:3634047)   #27
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by divxx View Post
Is periscoping = web streaming? I thought WC usually streamed every race no matter the TV schedule.
Periscope is a streaming app that a lot of the teams and the series use during the race weekend (It's viewable on all devices, including PCs). It's pretty rudimentary, but definitely watchable. Unfortunately, PWC isn't operating their live stream or a race periscope at Long Beach.

Quote:
Also, I had no idea the GTS class was even racing this weekend. Was there much of Friday and didn't see Mustangs or Camaros anywhere (unless you count the Formula Drift cars they had hidden away in the kids zone).
The GTS cars aren't racing at Long Beach, though they have in the past.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 16:39 (Ref:3634062)   #28
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some Twitter links, if any of you use Twitter. (It's pretty handy for keeping track of races) You don't need an account to see the tweets.

World Challenge ‏@WCRacing

K-PAX Racing ‏@KPAXracing

Flying Lizard ‏@FlyingLizard_MS

EFFORT Racing ‏@EFFORTRacing

Absolute Racing ‏@absolute_racing

RealTime Acura ‏@RealTimeAcura

Always Evolving ‏@aeperformance

And the live timing link again: http://livetiming.net/pwc/
Old 17 Apr 2016, 16:45 (Ref:3634065)   #29
divxx
Racer

United States
Other side of the pond
divxx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
The GTS cars aren't racing at Long Beach, though they have in the past.
Yeah that was my bad, I was looking at another site's write-up and not paying attention to the fact that it was a story referring to a different WC weekend. Too much racing this weekend, my eyes are out of it.

Thanks for the clarification on periscope.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 20:34 (Ref:3634195)   #30
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Just got back from my parents where I watched the race. Somehow the CBS Sports Channel managed to construct a 2 hour show around a 50 minute race. That’s impressive, though not necessarily in a good way. As for the race, it delivered what PWC is probably best known for these days: A first-lap yellow flag, another yellow flag later in the race, a couple more cars into the wall on top of that plus random questionable driving during the 25 minutes of actual green-flag action.
Old 17 Apr 2016, 22:09 (Ref:3634219)   #31
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alvaro Parente has been named the winner of today's race after a 10 secondly technical penalty has been issued to Johnny O Connell http://nasportscar.com/alvaro-parent...-beach-winner/
Old 18 Apr 2016, 00:04 (Ref:3634247)   #32
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Awesome for KPAX, they had a great run. Bummer for Johnny O, though.

Barber should provide for some good battles in a week's time.
Old 18 Apr 2016, 01:28 (Ref:3634266)   #33
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
Alvaro Parente has been named the winner of today's race after a 10 secondly technical penalty has been issued to Johnny O Connell http://nasportscar.com/alvaro-parent...-beach-winner/
Lots of that post race penalty stuff going on in sportscars this weekend
Old 18 Apr 2016, 17:52 (Ref:3634531)   #34
ttdriver2009
Racer

ttdriver2009 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was out at LB for business and went to the race over the weekend. A few observations.

1. PWC finally has their race on Sunday morning. People are there for the Indycar race and everything else is a support but in the past when PWC ran after Indycar, people were leaving and didn't care. Pretty much like what happened to the trucks and drifting this year.
2. Boring race. The first half under yellow and then the Cadillacs were in a different league. The guy that started in the back just picked off car by car without a problem. The leading one just ran a bit out front to stay out of trouble. Maybe if they could run a full 50 minutes things would be different but by my watch about only 20 or so minutes were green. Somehow Indycar ran all green and IMSA most of the race went green.
3. No GTC cars. That class is painful to watch. Some of the guys are good but others are really bad. Thank goodness they sere not there because the whole race would have been under yellow.
4. Good atmosphere and the jumbo tron is nice to be able to see the action when the cars are on the other side of the track. The coverage on it and the announcer was really good.
5. Good food and great weather. Typical for the LB race.
6. Plenty of people but not as many as when I used to go in the 90's. Seems typical of any race I go to today. At least it's not empty like some other events I've been to.
7. Effort team is really nice and friendly. Probably the friendliest team I've met in a long time. With that, they are "my" team for 2016. Wish other were that friendly.
8. The trucks are awesome. I went and had a burrito and a margarita after the Indycar race. Once drifting was done, I was able to sit anywhere and enjoy them. They are fun to watch because they are so different.
9. PWC seems to be doing a good job. Not as big and stuffy as Indycar or IMSA.
10. The weekend came to an end. Wish it didn't. Back to work.
Old 19 Apr 2016, 17:26 (Ref:3634913)   #35
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttdriver2009 View Post
7. Effort team is really nice and friendly. Probably the friendliest team I've met in a long time. With that, they are "my" team for 2016. Wish other were that friendly.
Effort Racing is awesome, definitely one of the fan-friendliest teams. Great people.
Old 20 Apr 2016, 22:03 (Ref:3635255)   #36
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
Yep It will be up 72 after the TV, though, so we'll get it the middle of the week at least
It's there now.
http://world-challenge.com/tv-broadc...g-beach-cbssn/