Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 30 Mar 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2663423)   #126
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I might pop up to Slitherstone on Saturday for a ganders. Oh and the Superkarts of course! Whooop!
Old 30 Mar 2010, 12:33 (Ref:2663452)   #127
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
has someone had a quiet word with silverstone regarding the need for decent weather?
Old 30 Mar 2010, 19:09 (Ref:2663713)   #128
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they have, I hope they had a quiet word with Oulton Park as well! I don't want to be dripping all the way from Silverstone to Oulton on Sunday evening.

Quite hard to choose title contenders, i'm thinking Bourdais could be the one to watch. Never discount Craig Dolby though who was an extremely under-rated driver and not on many people's radars up until a couple of years ago.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 10:13 (Ref:2664056)   #129
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the only lingering question with bourdais would be over the new team running his car i suppose. i think it'd be unwise to count out parente, walker, so pretty much most of the field!

is this the most competitive field around?
Old 31 Mar 2010, 10:29 (Ref:2664067)   #130
Robbe
Veteran

Germany
Germany
Robbe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marcos Martinez with Sevilla/De Villota and Borja Garcia with Sporting/Reid. Only the two Durango drivers missing - lets hope for someone like Pantano, Filippi or Valles.

I really wonder how on earth they have managed to put such a field together. And I wonder even more who pays for it...
Old 31 Mar 2010, 11:10 (Ref:2664083)   #131
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
well there were figures flying around a couple of years ago for budgets for drivers, and i would guess they've gone up a bit since the number of races has increased but it still works out pretty good value for money considering the toys you're playing with and the free publicity through the club.

but i assume bourdais is being paid a wage - i can't imagine he'd do anything for fun.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 17:25 (Ref:2664289)   #132
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbe View Post
Marcos Martinez with Sevilla/De Villota and Borja Garcia with Sporting/Reid. Only the two Durango drivers missing - lets hope for someone like Pantano, Filippi or Valles.
If Valles was coming back he would be racing forr Liverpool surely? I suspect Valles might eventually be confirmed as Hispania's 3rd driver
Old 31 Mar 2010, 17:57 (Ref:2664307)   #133
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I really wonder how on earth they have managed to put such a field together. And I wonder even more who pays for it...
Come the end of the season (or even mid) that may be a relavent question.
Old 31 Mar 2010, 23:46 (Ref:2664533)   #134
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sonangol would be my guess. Either that or the series bosses went to the Tony Teixeira school of finance and it'll all come crashing down in a couple of years
Old 1 Apr 2010, 08:36 (Ref:2664650)   #135
Shaddix
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Shaddix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the football-clubs will have to pay a fair amount too I guess
and maybe a bit from pay drivers
Old 1 Apr 2010, 08:51 (Ref:2664659)   #136
mickey29
Racer

England
Wellingborough
mickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt the football clubs will have to payout hard cash. Their only input would be use of image and association.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 11:39 (Ref:2664756)   #137
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My guess is that most are bringing budget but I am told the prize money is exceptional and that is where Sonangol come in. Good prize money will attract decent drivers
Old 1 Apr 2010, 11:50 (Ref:2664766)   #138
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it IS exceptional - the total weekend prize fund is €280,000, and there's €1.75million on offer for the top 3 in the championship.

you do have to win or at least get to the superfinal to score prize money though, so perhaps thats why some of the uh less competitive drivers bring their own budget. i assume the prize money is delivered quicker than a1gp managed to, so i suppose someone like bourdais might be on a percentage of winnings contract.
Old 1 Apr 2010, 14:33 (Ref:2664845)   #139
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ESPN will be showing these cars (found out via the mag of Autosport) and i can now answer the time question as well there are 3 races, one at 11.10am and one at 2.10pm and there is a Super final as well at 3.10pm all BST
Old 1 Apr 2010, 14:37 (Ref:2664850)   #140
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got told about some sort of guest entry format for each round, is this still going to happen?
Old 1 Apr 2010, 17:16 (Ref:2664979)   #141
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it IS exceptional - the total weekend prize fund is €280,000, and there's €1.75million on offer for the top 3 in the championship.

you do have to win or at least get to the superfinal to score prize money though, so perhaps thats why some of the uh less competitive drivers bring their own budget. i assume the prize money is delivered quicker than a1gp managed to, so i suppose someone like bourdais might be on a percentage of winnings contract.
IRC Bourdais was in fact on a salary as there was a brief hold out for more money.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 00:29 (Ref:2665178)   #142
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't imagine the majority of the field pays anything to race here. If they could bring that sort of money they'd be elsewhere. Most money probably come from the investors behind Superleague - a few drivers get paid (Bourdais, probably Montagny), many race for free (Gommendy, Buurman, GarcÃ*a, Tappy, Rigon, vd Drift, Dolby) and some pay (Karthikeyan, maybe Walker and MartÃ*nez). Just guesswork, but I just can't see most of these drivers raising any sort of money to fund a race drive.
Old 2 Apr 2010, 08:54 (Ref:2665288)   #143
Shaddix
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey29 View Post
I doubt the football clubs will have to payout hard cash. Their only input would be use of image and association.
then why did Beijing Guoan exit after they won the title?
Old 2 Apr 2010, 10:00 (Ref:2665321)   #144
Keyfabe
Rookie

England
Leeds
Keyfabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its disappointing Valles is not racing this season, it says in Autosport he couldnt raise finance in Spain!!!! and as for ESPN how many motor racing fans are gonna subscribe to that channel, its almost as bad as GP2 and Setanta last year!
Old 2 Apr 2010, 10:08 (Ref:2665327)   #145
mickey29
Racer

England
Wellingborough
mickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmickey29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddix View Post
then why did Beijing Guoan exit after they won the title?
No idea, they might be able to answer that question better than I!
Old 2 Apr 2010, 10:47 (Ref:2665343)   #146
Shaddix
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
yeh, but I just wanted to say that money propably is the only valid reason why a championship team would quit a series
Old 2 Apr 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2665574)   #147
kerrmanningjarv
Veteran

England
London
kerrmanningjarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should this thread maybe become "Superleague Formula 2010 season discussion"?

Or alternatively a new thread could be opened for the 1st round.