Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Dec 2012, 15:05 (Ref:3175380)   #2901
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was about to suggest HVM's engine deal for Indycar might influence this, then I remembered it was the Lotus.
Old 5 Dec 2012, 15:56 (Ref:3175392)   #2902
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Autosport appears to believe it's going to be a Judd in the back:

Quote:
The Status GP team is teaming up with the HVM IndyCar squad to field a joint entry in the LMP2 class of the 2013 FIA World Endurance Championship.

The two teams, which will run under the HVM Status GP banner, plan to run a Lola-Judd/BMW B12/80 in the full WEC, which includes the Le Mans 24 Hours in June.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104731
Old 5 Dec 2012, 16:11 (Ref:3175399)   #2903
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
If that is correct, they´ll run the same package as last year, should be familiar - at least to Status. I hope they´ll bring the car to Sebring to get HVM acquainted with it in race circumstances...
Old 5 Dec 2012, 20:47 (Ref:3175505)   #2904
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rebellion confirm their one-car ALMS programme on twitter and also say they are working on building a parallel programme in the WEC.

Hopefully they can get the budget to run a car in the WEC too.

https://twitter.com/RebellionRacing
Old 5 Dec 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3175517)   #2905
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Rebellion confirm their one-car ALMS programme on twitter and also say they are working on building a parallel programme in the WEC.

Hopefully they can get the budget to run a car in the WEC too.

https://twitter.com/RebellionRacing
Got to believe that they will at least run Austin since they will already be there for ALMS.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 00:09 (Ref:3175568)   #2906
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder if a second car will be in the works for Sebring?
Old 6 Dec 2012, 00:33 (Ref:3175573)   #2907
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two cars confirmed for Sebring.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 02:23 (Ref:3175606)   #2908
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
This makes my day.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3175690)   #2909
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Dordrecht, the Netherlands
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
This is really good news for the ALMS but potentially really bad news for the WEC. If they don't decide to run in the WEC or with only one car, I for one will be really disappointed. They have been my favourite team for the last few years and are more than just grid fillers.

This announcement should really act as a kick up the arse for the ACO. If their best privateer team doesn't think it's worth competing, there is something seriously wrong with the P1 class and the WEC in general. After all of the media hype has been peeled away, the WEC is looking decidedly shaky. Only Porsche is confirmed for 2014, Toyota may well knock its programme on the head after next year and I think it's still highly unlikely that Audi will be around for much longer, even if the two VW "brands" overlap for a year.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 11:02 (Ref:3175709)   #2910
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They have 3 cars. They've only committed one to ALMS full season. I doubt they'll sit out the WEC.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 12:00 (Ref:3175721)   #2911
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Lorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLorenzo S should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
They have 3 cars. They've only committed one to ALMS full season. I doubt they'll sit out the WEC.
Yes they have three chassis. One of which is ostensibly a spare from a manufacturer who no longer exists. Don't think Multimatic can build a new tub, maybe repair one. My guess is if Rebellion enters the WEC it will be with one chassis, or if we are lucky, two after Le Mans to make sure they have a spare for the 24 Hours. I hope I'm wrong though...
Old 6 Dec 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3175779)   #2912
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo S View Post
Yes they have three chassis. One of which is ostensibly a spare from a manufacturer who no longer exists. Don't think Multimatic can build a new tub, maybe repair one. My guess is if Rebellion enters the WEC it will be with one chassis, or if we are lucky, two after Le Mans to make sure they have a spare for the 24 Hours. I hope I'm wrong though...
I think you're on the money with this, it's what I was thinking about all morning in lectures! Until the position of Multimatic and their capabilities in terms of what they can do for Lola chassis cars is clear, I'd expect what you said.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 14:29 (Ref:3175784)   #2913
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I don't see what the issue is? They have a one-car attack for the ALMS. Two for Sebring which was always going to be part of their schedule even if they did the WEC.

Post-Sebring that leaves a car for each series and a spare. It's true they can't afford to write off a chassis but who can apart from Audi.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 14:57 (Ref:3175795)   #2914
Lorenzo S
Racer

England
Quote:
I don't see what the issue is? They have a one-car attack for the ALMS. Two for Sebring which was always going to be part of their schedule even if they did the WEC.

Post-Sebring that leaves a car for each series and a spare. It's true they can't afford to write off a chassis but who can apart from Audi.
My "issue" is that I'm greedy If (when!) I go to Spa, I want to see as many prototypes as possible and being a selfish sort(!) I would prefer to have two Rebellions than one. I'm sure anyone living in the US is thrilled at the prospect of seeing an extra P1 car but I would prefer the WEC had more prototypes than seeing the very few P1 cars spread thin in both ALMS and WEC.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 15:06 (Ref:3175800)   #2915
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
My "issue" is that I'm greedy If (when!) I go to Spa, I want to see as many prototypes as possible and being a selfish sort(!) I would prefer to have two Rebellions than one. I'm sure anyone living in the US is thrilled at the prospect of seeing an extra P1 car but I would prefer the WEC had more prototypes than seeing the very few P1 cars spread thin in both ALMS and WEC.
Yeah with you on that I feel the same regarding my trips to Silverstone and Le Mans.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 18:23 (Ref:3175869)   #2916
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sam Collins of RCE speculates that the wording of the Rebellion press release implies a different chassis in the WEC.

On the train so not seen it. Could it be?
Old 6 Dec 2012, 18:33 (Ref:3175871)   #2917
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Sam Collins of RCE speculates that the wording of the Rebellion press release implies a different chassis in the WEC.

On the train so not seen it. Could it be?
Rich, was that on twitter?
Old 6 Dec 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3175874)   #2918
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Can't seem to link the tweet from my phone but yes, rce on twitter.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 18:49 (Ref:3175875)   #2919
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Thanks Joe!

Well, I've read the press release. Maybe Sam has caught a whiff of a story along the grapevine and the lack of specific detail regarding the WEC has added fuel to that.

For me, the sentence "For the 2013 season, the Swiss team will continue to campaign their Lola B12/60 Toyota powered cars and they will kick off the year in the United States of America...." implies that they intend to run their existing cars in both the ALMS and WEC, if they can fund the latter.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 18:50 (Ref:3175877)   #2920
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Can't seem to link the tweet from my phone but yes, rce on twitter.
https://twitter.com/RacecarEngineer
Quote:
Racecar Engineering ‏@RacecarEngineer
Very carefully worded press release from Rebellion hints at them running a different chassis in WEC, with a Lola in ALMS
Old 6 Dec 2012, 19:18 (Ref:3175890)   #2921
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Sam is talking about the same press release that we've seen, I'm not so sure. And what would they run for one year only for it to become obsolete for '14...?
Old 6 Dec 2012, 20:44 (Ref:3175921)   #2922
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneesh99 View Post
If Sam is talking about the same press release that we've seen, I'm not so sure. And what would they run for one year only for it to become obsolete for '14...?
If it's a Dome, then it makes sense as Dome will make a 2014 car, and the dome S102.5 would give valuable data for them.
Old 6 Dec 2012, 22:59 (Ref:3175957)   #2923
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I think they deserve a shot at running a TSO-30
Old 6 Dec 2012, 23:17 (Ref:3175969)   #2924
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
If it's a Dome, then it makes sense as Dome will make a 2014 car, and the dome S102.5 would give valuable data for them.
Sam has hinted to our friend JAG that it (new chassis) could be done with an eye on 2014. Like you CTD the first thing that springs to mind for me is Dome.
Old 7 Dec 2012, 00:00 (Ref:3175981)   #2925
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
For my money I'd be astonished if the FIA/ACO didn't adopt some degree of pragmatism about 2014 as a transition year and allow some degree of grandfathering to take place.

If Rebellion are looking at a different chassis for 2013 (and to be honest the feeling I've had from my limited exposure to rapportage etc is that it'll be Lolas in ALMS and WEC) then I'd be very surprised if it was a one year only deal and would expect to see it in 2014 too.