Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 31 Oct 2014, 03:47 (Ref:3470151)   #2551
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
LDM Rents Dragon Commodore For Balance Of 2014

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 31 Oct 2014, 06:49 (Ref:3470169)   #2552
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Yeah that wasn't a surprise. What's the bet that the chassis is kept for 2015 as well?
Old 31 Oct 2014, 07:02 (Ref:3470178)   #2553
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholosophy View Post
Yeah that wasn't a surprise. What's the bet that the chassis is kept for 2015 as well?
It'll wear out eventually... Maybe they can switch to the other one ?
Old 4 Nov 2014, 12:10 (Ref:3471493)   #2554
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Using up all the yellow stuff before the season's end?
Old 9 Nov 2014, 12:24 (Ref:3473130)   #2555
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
LDM Gets 888-built Chassis Rebuilt in Castlemaine

Back for Sydney apparently..
Old 10 Nov 2014, 01:02 (Ref:3473306)   #2556
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think roland would be too happy to see one of his chassis there.
Old 10 Nov 2014, 01:46 (Ref:3473312)   #2557
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by naca View Post
I don't think roland would be too happy to see one of his chassis there.
That chassis' visit to NisMo last year for repairs after one of Mr Pye's wall bangers was around the time Mr Cauchi rejoined the 888 mother ship, and the parts supply kinda stopped...

There are some amazing fabricators in that part of the world, many clearly capable of building to someone else's drawings.. But it doesnt do a lot to protect 888's IP
Old 12 Nov 2014, 23:26 (Ref:3474081)   #2558
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.v8xmagazine.com.au/index....bus-motorsport

Quote:
Lee Holdsworth looks set to leave Erebus Motorsport following the current V8 Supercars season and move to Charlie Schwerkolt Racing (CSR) from 2015.

Holdsworth had allegedly re-signed with Erebus Motorsport for a further two years in August; though contract wrangling with the team has led to the V8 Supercars race winner exploring other options.

Holdsworth is likely to replace Jack Perkins in the #18 Charlie Schwerkolt Racing entry, currently run out of the Ford Performance Racing stable in the colours of Jeld-Wen.

Erebus Motorsport will retain the services of the already contracted Will Davison into 2015, as the team continues its negotiations with AMG Mercedes-Benz for support for next season and beyond.

The Queensland-based team runs two AMG Mercedes-Bnez E63s through the AMG Customer Sports program and had been linked with a customer Volvo Polestar deal.

Holdsworth was in talks with Ford Performance Racing before signing for Stone Brothers Racing into 2012, with the team morphing into Erebus Motorsport from 2013.

An announcement on Holdsworth's move to Charlie Schwerkolt Racing is expected over the course of the Plus Fitness Phillip Island 500 this weekend.

Holdsworth scored Erebus Motorsport's first race win at Winton in April, though suffered a nightmare endurance campaign that included two big accidents at Sandown and Bathurst.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 02:51 (Ref:3483606)   #2559
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
FPR Blames Tyre Pressure Rule Change Ruined Form

More whinging...
Old 10 Dec 2014, 03:07 (Ref:3483611)   #2560
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Actually i think it was Rolands whinging that that is at issue here.

Why change rules mid year. FPR had there stuff sorted out, Roland whinges and the rules get changed mid year, suddenly rolands cars are winning again
Old 10 Dec 2014, 03:09 (Ref:3483612)   #2561
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Why change rules mid year. FPR had there stuff sorted out, Roland whinges and the rules get changed mid year, suddenly rolands cars are winning again
What a load of ****. They changed the rules because people were having tyre failures, and Dunlop pinpointed lower-than-recommended pressures.

All teams had to work to the same rules.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 03:16 (Ref:3483614)   #2562
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
What a load of ****. They changed the rules because people were having tyre failures, and Dunlop pinpointed lower-than-recommended pressures.

All teams had to work to the same rules.
Wasnt aware anyone was forcing cars to run at low tyre pressures, all teams were working to that rule

FPR werent having tyre failures they were winning, cars have been running low tyre pressure for years, probably ever, suddenly a rule change because triple 8 were not winning
Old 10 Dec 2014, 03:58 (Ref:3483623)   #2563
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
FPR werent having tyre failures they were winning, cars have been running low tyre pressure for years, probably ever, suddenly a rule change because triple 8 were not winning
What a load of UTTER BULLSHIT.

Tyre pressure became mandated in September. FPR was WELL off the wagon by then.

Tyre failures were prevalent at Bathurst last year and were blamed on low tyre pressures, including 888.

HRT and Erebus lost tyres in Perth:
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/c...-tyre-failures

Mandating the minimum pressure that was already recommended started in August:
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/c...under-pressure

And mandated on the 19th of September:
http://www.v8scglobal.com/latest-new...tyre-pressure/

Sandown was held 14th September by which time Jamie Whincup was already 280 odd points ahead of Frosty in the title chase.

Basically 888 were already pantsing FPR after clawing back the early lead FPR had, and the tyre rule was inconsequential - your argument holds no water at all.

I believe this would be a case of the "false cause" logical fallacy, except that 888 started beating FPR well before the new rule came in therefore there is not even a correlation between the 2 facts, much less a causal relationship as you trying to assert.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 04:04 (Ref:3483624)   #2564
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Wasnt aware anyone was forcing cars to run at low tyre pressures, all teams were working to that rule

That's a fair point pecky, the old "change the rules mid-year trick" to suit T8.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 04:08 (Ref:3483625)   #2565
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
That's a fair point pecky, the old "change the rules mid-year trick" to suit T8.
Please see above.

Facts don't fit your reality.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 04:38 (Ref:3483634)   #2566
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
No wonder Ford are leaving the series. How long before Volvo, Nissan and Erebus wake up to what is going on and get out too.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 04:46 (Ref:3483637)   #2567
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Its OK, at least I picked up on your sarcasm... I think.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 05:42 (Ref:3483644)   #2568
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Its OK, at least I picked up on your sarcasm... I think.
Shhhh!
Old 10 Dec 2014, 08:28 (Ref:3483677)   #2569
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The part we should be getting excited about is that there have been very few 'tyre' failures that havent been induced by hitting things since the pressure mandate.
Old 10 Dec 2014, 22:13 (Ref:3483842)   #2570
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Despite having their season ruined by not getting a grip on the tyre pressure problems, they still don't need a technical director...
Old 11 Dec 2014, 00:28 (Ref:3483874)   #2571
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Despite having their season ruined by not getting a grip on the tyre pressure problems, they still don't need a technical director...
Yup, and for all the hand wringing over not being allowed to run composite bonnet & bootlids, turns out they've been choosing to to carry extra weight voluntarily.

"The team will no longer use the Falcon’s standard radiator support panel and headlights, moving to lighter bespoke items in line with the majority of the current field."

Genius.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 01:15 (Ref:3483890)   #2572
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They could've done all of that when the FG CotF came on line two years ago.

The reality is, FPR are simply not on the ball. If Triple Eight were still running Fords, you could almost gaurentee that the FG CotF would've been a clean-slate design; new aero, a few trick bits, etc.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 01:20 (Ref:3483891)   #2573
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
They could've done all of that when the FG CotF came on line two years ago.

The reality is, FPR are simply not on the ball. If Triple Eight were still running Fords, you could almost gaurentee that the FG CotF would've been a clean-slate design; new aero, a few trick bits, etc.
Maybe using the standard parts is cheaper, since they are provided free of charge... More money then for..... corporate jets...
Old 11 Dec 2014, 01:35 (Ref:3483898)   #2574
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To me it's a just another indicator that PDA aren't really up to the job of doing everything in their power to compete week-in week-out with 888.
Hell, the lead driver of the their 4 car squad got beaten in the championship by a single car privateer team.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 01:38 (Ref:3483900)   #2575
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwhk View Post
Hell, the lead driver of the their 4 car squad got beaten in the championship by a single car privateer team.
So did every other team.