Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Dec 2014, 01:51 (Ref:3483903)   #2576
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Samwhk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
So did every other team.
Yup, proves Jamies point about every other team needing to raise their game when there's 4 and 1/2 factory squads behind a privateer.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 01:58 (Ref:3483906)   #2577
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwhk View Post
Yup, proves Jamies point about every other team needing to raise their game when there's 4 and 1/2 factory squads behind a privateer.
Not likely to happen, it will most likely be T8 again next year unless Giz can pull something out of the bag.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 02:00 (Ref:3483908)   #2578
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Not likely to happen, it will most likely be T8 again next year unless Giz can pull something out of the bag.
Let's hope so, getting the new parts a few months behind the RedBull cars will make it a bit harder tho.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 02:05 (Ref:3483910)   #2579
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In defence of everyone else, isn't Tekno virtually a satellite team though?
Old 11 Dec 2014, 02:11 (Ref:3483912)   #2580
Samwhk
Racer

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Nope, customer team.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 04:05 (Ref:3483946)   #2581
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The part we should be getting excited about is that there have been very few 'tyre' failures that havent been induced by hitting things since the pressure mandate.
Exactly, imagine if this change wasn't made and someone lost a tyre at the Chase or Turn 8 at Adelaide....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Despite having their season ruined by not getting a grip on the tyre pressure problems, they still don't need a technical director...
Teflon Tim is very lucky, how many organisations would allow such a period of absolute lackluster performances and excuses.

If it wasn't for 2 Bathursts they'd have nothing to show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
I don't believe they get any engineering support from 888 but I'd imagine they'd have all the latest bits.

Certainly LDM was closer in the beginning.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 04:31 (Ref:3483948)   #2582
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Allegedly, there is some correlation in data between Tekno and Triple Eight, but certainly not to the extent that LDM breifly enjoyed at the beginning of last season.

It's surprised me how Mr Edwards has kept his role in the team for so long. There also seems to be very little stability in roles in the team, year in year out, as well. No driver/engineer relationships have been maintained, as everybody gets shuffled around so much.
Old 11 Dec 2014, 04:36 (Ref:3483949)   #2583
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't Roland Dane stop Jonathan Webb driving for HRT in the
enduro's this year ?

Their alliance must be closer than one might think.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 00:31 (Ref:3484250)   #2584
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Allegedly, there is some correlation in data between Tekno and Triple Eight, but certainly not to the extent that LDM breifly enjoyed at the beginning of last season.
LDM were getting plenty of help from 888 last year... David Cauchi (now with Whincup) was engineering Fiore's car. Also Ludo Lacroix was helping out.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/05/07/...other-for-ldm/

Perhaps the love fades when some forgets to pay the bills?
Old 12 Dec 2014, 01:00 (Ref:3484261)   #2585
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was all done and dusted not long after. I suspect around the time Mr Dumbrell came out in the media, threatening to bench Mr Pye.
Old 12 Dec 2014, 02:03 (Ref:3484266)   #2586
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why is this 2014 silly season thread still going? The season is over...
Old 14 Dec 2014, 20:03 (Ref:3485022)   #2587
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome to FPR's 'Whinge Of The Week' Here

..where losing the championship is everyone's fault.. except team's inability to find a setup that worked most of the year..

Blame blame blame...

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Dec 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3485041)   #2588
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

..where losing the championship is everyone's fault.. except team's inability to find a setup that worked most of the year..

Blame blame blame...

A bit harsh with the "whinge" comment GTR, it reads like an accurate assessment to me.
Old 14 Dec 2014, 21:30 (Ref:3485044)   #2589
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
A bit harsh with the "whinge" comment GTR, it reads like an accurate assessment to me.
Its rare to see 888 talk about so many things as reasons for their failure, when on the rare occasion it happens, and certainly not in public. WP talks about all the things they are doing to help improve their lot. NisMo talks about how their engines are their issue and blah b;ah blah.

Surely something like this should form a part of a 100 point plan, with actions coming out of it to execute into the next season and beyond to make sure the same negative things dont happen to the team again?
Old 14 Dec 2014, 23:57 (Ref:3485068)   #2590
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Blame blame blame...

A dingo ate their setup book
Old 15 Dec 2014, 00:33 (Ref:3485072)   #2591
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
A dingo ate their setup book
Well that's part of the fun. Having 4 cars in the team all running different setups and different damper brands per team wouldnt be helping much either
Old 15 Dec 2014, 05:28 (Ref:3485114)   #2592
Umai Naa
Veteran

From what I gathered from the reports of their testing earlier this year, the traits in the FPR chassis are seem to be a Winterbottom influence.

Hence why Frosty deemed the #18 chassis perfectly fine, suggesting that Mr Perkins learn to adapt.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 07:18 (Ref:3485129)   #2593
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Not a comment on your comment bluey - just wanted to say that your new avatar looks awesome. That is all.

Quote:
From what I gathered from the reports of their testing earlier this year, the traits in the FPR chassis are seem to be a Winterbottom influence.

Hence why Frosty deemed the #18 chassis perfectly fine, suggesting that Mr Perkins learn to adapt.
Whereas any good engineer / team manager will tell you that if the driver isn't comfortable with what the car does, you're NEVER going to go quick with any regularity.

Sometimes you've got to sit a driver down and get their head straight but by & large expecting them to adapt only means that they never quite get "right" in the car.

Given the Frostmeister's televised tanty at A. Davison last year, I don't know that I'd have all the much respect for his assessment on team mates - particularly those in the "Charlie" car.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 08:32 (Ref:3485142)   #2594
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
When the form and benchmark team in the category for the last 8 or so years says they are light on engineering talent despite finishing 1-2-4 in cars they built, and similarly in past years, you might wonder what kind of navel gazing is going on at WP, PRA, NisMoAu, Erebus and everyone else about how to be that good, that often..
Old 15 Dec 2014, 09:35 (Ref:3485160)   #2595
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Blame blame blame...

It would seem you're whinging more about FPR, than FPR can be accused of whinging themselves!

Back to back Bathurst victories and third in the championship certainly isn't anything to be sneezed at; and indeed shows (1) there are no teams better than them for recent Bathurst results, and (2) there are about 13 teams doing worse than FPR in the championship.

Of course at the back of their minds would be the lack of certainty affecting their future; but the reality is FPR have merely been giving honest answers to the media, who are asking the questions.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 10:23 (Ref:3485170)   #2596
Umai Naa
Veteran

Every driver, team, and bodyshell representing a roadcar, is fair game on here.
Old 15 Dec 2014, 10:29 (Ref:3485172)   #2597
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting to see that WP seems to have changed from Kings Springs to Eibach Springs in the 2013/2014 off season.

Following 888 to some extent most likely, and experiences with the product there. Tekno is also an Eibach customer

Meantime FPR is still on Kings Springs..
Old 15 Dec 2014, 10:35 (Ref:3485173)   #2598
Umai Naa
Veteran

Springs are only as good as the dampers that control them.

Are WP still using those flimsy Ohlins units?
Old 15 Dec 2014, 10:47 (Ref:3485179)   #2599
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Springs are only as good as the dampers that control them.

Are WP still using those flimsy Ohlins units?
True enough, but do you choose to get with the strength in a control chassis design formula, or keep scratching your head? BJR is also an Eibach customer.

Werent WP rebuffed by 888 last year when they asked for a Sachs setup?
Old 16 Dec 2014, 03:17 (Ref:3485396)   #2600
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....