Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Dec 2013, 23:44 (Ref:3347427)   #1351
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJA View Post
They'll leave it to the Dumbrell's, who will either:

1: Buy it off Dodo to run it (budget/pay driver pending), keep as a spare and/or sell at a later date. Or

2: Sell it for Dodo on my105 and collect a commission from the sale. Keep an eye out! Or

3: Dodo themselves might sell it back to Triple 8 at a severely reduced rate.

Either way an expensive exercise for Dodo. They've had some rather weird approaches to Supercar sponsorship over the years, haven't they?
Dodo came into the sport back in 2004 with Team Dynamik... their first meeting on a car was the Sandown weekend when the Kelvinmoster shouted from on high that the team cheated by having an unauthorised test day... it has kinda gone downhill from there, being a Tasman sponsor, then on the front guards at HRT, to Perkins/KR, then off to Mr Fiore....

With the right team operation & environment, and at track leverage, the dodo brand could do well from the sport... but cut price and/or compromised/complicated deals wont do them any favours.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 24 Dec 2013, 00:35 (Ref:3347440)   #1352
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Priaulx looks for a Pirtek Enduro Cup Ride
Old 24 Dec 2013, 04:08 (Ref:3347475)   #1353
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Fiore Looking For CoDriver Gig

Makes no mention of what happened to the REC... Handed back? Sold? Leased? the kind of top reporting you might expect from AdCafe not V8SA
http://www.v8supercars.com.au/news/c...-2014-co-drive
Old 24 Dec 2013, 06:21 (Ref:3347497)   #1354
Mark Petch
Veteran

Mark Petch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Just a pity for Andy that he looked so ordinary against his outstanding team mate, Mattias Ekstrom, at Bathurst this year.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 22:39 (Ref:3347692)   #1355
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have heard a rumor about Paul Morris coming out of retirement to drive for Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport full-time. Should I believe this rumor (personally I am not sure to believe it or not).

What do you guys think?
Old 24 Dec 2013, 23:43 (Ref:3347701)   #1356
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's bullocks!!! Ignore it and it will eventually go away : )
Old 25 Dec 2013, 00:00 (Ref:3347706)   #1357
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The most probable chance of Mr Morris getting a drive next year will probably be in the Enduros with Mr Pye. They where a pretty decent pairing at Bathurst this year so I would probably expect them to be together again next year.
Old 25 Dec 2013, 09:55 (Ref:3347740)   #1358
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosAmbroseFan View Post
What do you guys think?
I think you should pray it's not true...
Old 25 Dec 2013, 10:08 (Ref:3347742)   #1359
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by naca View Post
The most probable chance of Mr Morris getting a drive next year will probably be in the Enduros with Mr Pye. They where a pretty decent pairing at Bathurst this year so I would probably expect them to be together again next year.
Enduro drive part of sale conditions of REC to DJR perhaps?
Old 25 Dec 2013, 11:31 (Ref:3347765)   #1360
naca
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
Enduro drive part of sale conditions of REC to DJR perhaps?
Maybe, although I do remember Mr Morris being on the Podium giving out the trophies at phillip island as a brand representative of Sargent Security. I don't know whether this may effect his relationship with DJR due to the Wilson Security sponsorship.
Old 26 Dec 2013, 00:23 (Ref:3347883)   #1361
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
888 movements.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2013/12/26/...-way-new-boss/

I also wonder is there a possibilty for a new owner for the team in 2015, or earlier.
Old 26 Dec 2013, 01:39 (Ref:3347888)   #1362
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
No mention of Mr Moore either....
Old 27 Dec 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3348149)   #1363
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
No mention of Mr Moore either....

I must have missed something, why would he mention Moore? He never mentioned Dutton either!
Old 27 Dec 2013, 15:01 (Ref:3348154)   #1364
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
I must have missed something, why would he mention Moore? He never mentioned Dutton either!
Word around Mr Moore (JJ) was he could be going to HRT
Old 28 Dec 2013, 01:38 (Ref:3348230)   #1365
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Meantime... in REC land... the stories around what Mr Dumbrell and his self-titled team are doing get more interesting by the minute

One story suggests that FPR have done a deal to provide technical support for an FPR FG Falcon, as used by Mr Reynolds this season.

Another story suggests that NisMo have done a deal to provide technical support for a NisMo Altima, as used by Mr Caruso this season.

Yet another story suggests that Mr Ingall has managed to soak up all of the Castrol sponsorship monies from the likes of FPR and SuperCheap Auto, and landed them at LDM, with a brand new 888 Commodore at his disposal.

Or what?
Old 28 Dec 2013, 01:53 (Ref:3348233)   #1366
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can I pick story #1 thanks Larry...

no real info just a gut feeling with the long standing Dumbrell link with Nash and they (autopro) still toss them some sponsorship money.
Old 28 Dec 2013, 06:42 (Ref:3348247)   #1367
MarcosAmbroseFan
Racer

New Zealand
Hamilton
MarcosAmbroseFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Meantime... in REC land... the stories around what Mr Dumbrell and his self-titled team are doing get more interesting by the minute

One story suggests that FPR have done a deal to provide technical support for an FPR FG Falcon, as used by Mr Reynolds this season.

Another story suggests that NisMo have done a deal to provide technical support for a NisMo Altima, as used by Mr Caruso this season.

Yet another story suggests that Mr Ingall has managed to soak up all of the Castrol sponsorship monies from the likes of FPR and SuperCheap Auto, and landed them at LDM, with a brand new 888 Commodore at his disposal.

Or what?
I'd say the FPR deal.

FPR could have 5 FPR cars as rumored on V8 Insiders by Tony Schibeci from SEN.

He has hinted there could be 7 to 9 Ford's on the grid in 2014.

With a 5th FPR car on the grid.

#5 (FPR) Frosty
#6 (FPR) Mostert
#55 (RNR) Renyolds
#18 (CSR) Perkins
#80 (LDM) Owen?? or Ingall??

A 5th FPR Fords does not met economies to scale but FPR has a DVS car for Cameron Waters which could use LDM's transporter for pricing discounts for tech support and upgrades during the year.

Listen 25 mins into the broadcast
Old 28 Dec 2013, 12:32 (Ref:3348307)   #1368
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish Mr Dumbrell would pack his **** up and **** off. His cars seem to be eternal grid-fillers for whatever reasons, no driver seems to do more than one season with him, almost every report about the team is of bust ups, people getting fired for bugger all, and a generally unhappy and miserable place to work, and he is keeping Mr Morris involved in the sport.

His brother is an average driver at best, so good riddance to the whole family when they go. They might be loaded, but they don't bring anything else to the sport worth keeping.
Old 28 Dec 2013, 22:36 (Ref:3348427)   #1369
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosAmbroseFan View Post
I'd say the FPR deal.

FPR could have 5 FPR cars as rumored on V8 Insiders by Tony Schibeci from SEN.

He has hinted there could be 7 to 9 Ford's on the grid in 2014.

With a 5th FPR car on the grid.

#5 (FPR) Frosty
#6 (FPR) Mostert
#55 (RNR) Renyolds
#18 (CSR) Perkins
#80 (LDM) Owen?? or Ingall??

A 5th FPR Fords does not met economies to scale but FPR has a DVS car for Cameron Waters which could use LDM's transporter for pricing discounts for tech support and upgrades during the year.

Listen 25 mins into the broadcast

If you do a Mythbusters on this, Will it be busted or Plausible?

Rod Nash - own Rec
Rod and Rusty - Two Recs (Old Prodrive)
Charlie - Own Rec
LDR - Own rec - (in limbo atm)
Tripple F -Own Rec (in limbo atm)

Roger Penske - Visits to Land down Under, Not only to buy WHite trucks rights , but visits two Ford Racing Teams.

Rogers man out for Sydney last Race at same time Ford US Racing head visits as well.

Roger has talks with Ford US on what car they are going to run in the Aust series from 2015 onwards.

Roger's man has talks with DJR and FPR on how to set up with current Recs or source some of the RECS in Limbo.

Rod Nash , Rusty French , Charlie S and Dick Johson , all have business concerns in regards to racing Fords in Aust

Roger would prefer a team currently set up or deal with customer team ready to change hands and run the Ford vehicle that will replace the Falcon

LDM Tripple F are seen as possible expansions.

Rogers man, keeps in touch with RNR and Nash/French over the next season.

Penske Racing Team, running ford vehicle,(after a lot of talks -deals with Ford USA, Ford Au, Nash/French/DJR/CSR and other customer teams ) is announced in Dec 2014 /Jan 2015 to be joining current ford Teams , DJR and FPR(Nash/French),RNR & CSR on the grid.

Is it busted or plausible

Very Plausible
Old 29 Dec 2013, 01:29 (Ref:3348462)   #1370
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The most likely scenario is that Penske buys out Rod/Rusty and takes over FPR.
Rod retains his REC for #55 and goes back to being a customer as per before
he bought FPR. Charlie's contract was for 3 years, so he still has 2014 and 15 to go.
If he want's to move before that, then there will be some (financial) pain.
Old 29 Dec 2013, 03:44 (Ref:3348482)   #1371
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
I wish Mr Dumbrell would pack his **** up and **** off. His cars seem to be eternal grid-fillers for whatever reasons, no driver seems to do more than one season with him, almost every report about the team is of bust ups, people getting fired for bugger all, and a generally unhappy and miserable place to work, and he is keeping Mr Morris involved in the sport.

His brother is an average driver at best, so good riddance to the whole family when they go. They might be loaded, but they don't bring anything else to the sport worth keeping.

got anything else to blurt out while youre at it??

Old 29 Dec 2013, 04:58 (Ref:3348488)   #1372
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post

And how many other teams has that applied to over the years

If there are 28 cars in a motor race, somebody has to fill those positions....
Old 29 Dec 2013, 06:54 (Ref:3348496)   #1373
naca
Racer

Question for you all. Could it be possible for say a car that was at LDM, TEKNO or TDR this year, that is not going to run the full season next year due to say budgetary issue's be able to run every race in the enduro cup, rather than just Bathurst like the normal wildcards do, or would that be seen as entering a partial season entry ?
Old 29 Dec 2013, 07:09 (Ref:3348498)   #1374
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by naca View Post
Question for you all. Could it be possible for say a car that was at LDM, TEKNO or TDR this year, that is not going to run the full season next year due to say budgetary issue's be able to run every race in the enduro cup, rather than just Bathurst like the normal wildcards do, or would that be seen as entering a partial season entry ?
If the team ponies up $170k or so for every round they dont show up to, its possible.

Unless you choose the PWR option of a few years ago.. inspired by NASCAR's Start n Park squads
Old 29 Dec 2013, 07:14 (Ref:3348499)   #1375
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Unless you choose the PWR option of a few years ago.. inspired by NASCAR's Start n Park squads
Thought it was more a case of Start and Watch the engine lunch itself squad