Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 16 May 2005, 11:23 (Ref:1302085)   #1
roger ward
Rookie

roger ward should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Touring Car Challenge Phillip Island

Phillip Island this week end will see 8 super tourers run against V8 Super Cars , group A and Future Tourers .

2 Ford Mondoes , 2 BMWs( one is the ex Paul Morris flyer ) the ex Miller Toyota Camry the white one . One of the older Fastway Pugs and two Nissan Primeras .

How will they fair against the the Ex Gibson Motorsports AU of Terry Wyhoon and the Smerton ex Konica winning AU .Throw in a couple of older Ford ELs and with a reverse grid concept it sure will be great racing . Bring it on guys you race for the fun of it and there is no ego hanging around .
Old 16 May 2005, 12:14 (Ref:1302135)   #2
iconic
Racer

iconic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why the rolling of the eyes?

who is going to run the ford modeoes? peter hill/s(?) ? or did he find a buyer?
Old 16 May 2005, 12:20 (Ref:1302143)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Mondeos are likely the 2 Mumbo Racing cars, from Mr Dale's equipe.

It should be good racing... I wonder if the series' handicapper has been reinstated?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 16 May 2005, 12:51 (Ref:1302171)   #4
roger ward
Rookie

Peter Hills has sold his cars one has gone to young Proctor not sure if his dad has completed the purchase of second cars . They will also certainly be serviced by the Mumbo Boys .
Old 16 May 2005, 20:56 (Ref:1302569)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not good news about the handicapper... it seems one of the founding fathers of this series shall see the season on the sidelines...

... while another of the 4 original fathers builds an unwanted reputation in the sport as a recalcitrant....
Old 17 May 2005, 10:48 (Ref:1302888)   #6
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Uncle Cranker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Not good news about the handicapper... it seems one of the founding fathers of this series shall see the season on the sidelines...

... while another of the 4 original fathers builds an unwanted reputation in the sport as a recalcitrant....

Another interesting anecdote is that the Promoter of this weeks round will have to find 40 Large just to get access to the circuit.[Linfox are running the place as a $$ making venture for sure]

Thats big $$$ for a series that aims to deliver grass roots racing.

Possibly need to sell some of those grass root's to re-coup funds !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 17 May 2005, 10:53 (Ref:1302893)   #7
roger ward
Rookie

GTR Magic founding fathers I understood there was only three with the handicapper just that . Changes come and go for all sorts of reasons known only those in the circle .

Fans should remember that they have put up their hard earned $$$$ to put some life back into sport after ProCar. Categories have a place to race , get TV support and to my mind have responded with great racing at all the AMRS events.

Recalcitrant ,rebellious,not complying,obstinate this is not Dale , Wilmington and Mclean . Single minded ,hard nosed and direct , hardly recalcitrant .
Old 17 May 2005, 11:32 (Ref:1302904)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It has me curious then as to how a series with such promise can have such a difficult time expanding their competitor base... there are probably 50 VS/EL and prior Supercar sitting under dust sheets across Australia.. yet for reasons best known only to themselves, these cars are not attracted to the TCC concept...

Will there actually be an event at Philip Island if the circuit rental costs are as high as Uncle Cranker suggests? A field of 15 cars will not easily cover this, nor will the gate takings from this event. It would be a hard sell to promote this series when the cars are not guaranteed starters, or indeed attending all rounds... nor necessarily have the resources to repair unforseen component wear and tear at the circuit... as has happened at recent rounds.

It was suggested that the growing pains of this series have been made more difficult with the inclusion of current specification V8Supercars in the field... that there are people who buy into the concept, but dont fancy getting blown off by the latest machinery.

The handicapper can certainly look after himself, as I am sure can the 3 wise men running the TCC ship. Its just a shame that from the promising beginnings, the next quantum leap isnt as far forward as you might have expected....
Old 17 May 2005, 22:55 (Ref:1303335)   #9
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
It has me curious then as to how a series with such promise can have such a difficult time expanding their competitor base... there are probably 50 VS/EL and prior Supercar sitting under dust sheets across Australia.. yet for reasons best known only to themselves, these cars are not attracted to the TCC concept...

Will there actually be an event at Philip Island if the circuit rental costs are as high as Uncle Cranker suggests? A field of 15 cars will not easily cover this, nor will the gate takings from this event. It would be a hard sell to promote this series when the cars are not guaranteed starters, or indeed attending all rounds... nor necessarily have the resources to repair unforseen component wear and tear at the circuit... as has happened at recent rounds.

It was suggested that the growing pains of this series have been made more difficult with the inclusion of current specification V8Supercars in the field... that there are people who buy into the concept, but dont fancy getting blown off by the latest machinery.

The handicapper can certainly look after himself, as I am sure can the 3 wise men running the TCC ship. Its just a shame that from the promising beginnings, the next quantum leap isnt as far forward as you might have expected....

I'm led to believe that Cams' very own victorian car club are the promoter for this weekends AMRS round, and the figures quoted are firm, not a lot of change out of 40K.
This will obviously mean that PIARC will need 200 entries @ $200 each just to cover the circuit hire, let alone ancillary costs.

You would hope the Canteen price of a Pie or a HotDog doesnt get inflated this weekend just to keep the wolf from the door.........
Old 17 May 2005, 23:43 (Ref:1303352)   #10
silver 2
Racer

silver 2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont know where those numbers could come from.That would be bargain price for Phillip Island these days.
Old 18 May 2005, 03:03 (Ref:1303405)   #11
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Has anybody got a schedule for this Saturday at PI ?

The AMRS website has nothing listed in the event schedule section
http://amrs.ozspeed.net/e_timetable.php?Eid=140
Old 18 May 2005, 09:43 (Ref:1303594)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cranker
I'm led to believe that Cams' very own victorian car club are the promoter for this weekends AMRS round, and the figures quoted are firm, not a lot of change out of 40K.
This will obviously mean that PIARC will need 200 entries @ $200 each just to cover the circuit hire, let alone ancillary costs.

You would hope the Canteen price of a Pie or a HotDog doesnt get inflated this weekend just to keep the wolf from the door.........
Oh well, when 25 cars show up, its only $1,600 a head

Its sad when you think about it... Presumably the bloke with the HRT427 doesnt pay $40 grand to take his car for a tickle round the Island every time he wants to go for a burn?
Old 18 May 2005, 11:11 (Ref:1303653)   #13
White Knight

Quote:
I wonder if the series' handicapper has been reinstated?
You ponder a question that you already know the answere to. Why?

Quote:

A one-sided and lopsided observation? Who really makes these points?

Old 18 May 2005, 11:24 (Ref:1303669)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Me... I make these points... and I didnt know about the handicapper until informed by someone after making the first post...

Is there something wrong with asking questions now??
Old 18 May 2005, 11:36 (Ref:1303678)   #15
White Knight

Quote:
I wonder if the series' handicapper has been reinstated?
You ponder a question that you already know the answere to. Why?

Quote:

A one-sided and lopsided observation? Who really makes these points?

Old 18 May 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1303683)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Nice, a double post... 25 minutes apart...
Old 18 May 2005, 12:14 (Ref:1303696)   #17
White Knight

So who is the handicapper these days?

Old 18 May 2005, 12:27 (Ref:1303706)   #18
roger ward
Rookie

I think the schedule for the week end will be available on friday on AMRS web site .

The numbers of cars entered for the TCC should be 18 .I was talking to a team member from SAE earlier tonight and there the numbers he has .

Promotors put shows together for competitor and the lack of interest by owners of cars is disappointing . They offer low cost racing , well managed ,funding for their television thanks to Gulf Western Oil . I often ask the question , why they pay $50,000 for a car and then garage it .Astem tried to get super touring onto the track some time back , they offered funds to cover their tyres , hotel costs even some were offered paid entry fees to encourage them and still the cars stayed locked up .

The AMRS will have 159 entries for the week end and I would suggest that the average entry fee will be around $500 a competitor .

It will be a great week end .
Old 18 May 2005, 22:57 (Ref:1304161)   #19
Uncle Cranker
Veteran

Australia
Victoria; Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger ward
The AMRS will have 159 entries for the week end and I would suggest that the average entry fee will be around $500 a competitor .

Certaily will be for the Financial Coffers of the Promoter, $ 75 K from entry fees, gee the HotDogs might even be $1.50 each at this rate.

Great to see a bit of a financial recovery for the once mighty car club, I'm told they took a hard financial hit last year when they tried to keep the ProCar show going.
Old 19 May 2005, 02:14 (Ref:1304214)   #20
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But Uncle, don't forget the Permit Fee's plus Flaggies, Firies, Medical, Ambulances, lunches, drinks, trophies and the rest that will chew into the moneys from the entries.
Old 19 May 2005, 05:52 (Ref:1304284)   #21
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I think the schedule for the week end will be available on friday on AMRS web site .

The numbers of cars entered for the TCC should be 18 .I was talking to a team member from SAE earlier tonight and there the numbers he has .

Promotors put shows together for competitor and the lack of interest by owners of cars is disappointing . They offer low cost racing , well managed ,funding for their television thanks to Gulf Western Oil . I often ask the question , why they pay $50,000 for a car and then garage it .Astem tried to get super touring onto the track some time back , they offered funds to cover their tyres , hotel costs even some were offered paid entry fees to encourage them and still the cars stayed locked up .

Yeah, putting everything aside, F3, F4000, TCC, Aus GT etc should be great fun to view
Old 19 May 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1304383)   #22
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Promotors put shows together for competitor and the lack of interest by owners of cars is disappointing . They offer low cost racing , well managed ,funding for their television thanks to Gulf Western Oil . I often ask the question , why they pay $50,000 for a car and then garage it . .

I can only speak for myself Roger, but I have simply run out of money at this stage and although I get some help from people like H&R Suspension Systems, ADG Welding Supplies, Castrol and now ASV Euro Car Parts, they don'y actually give $$$. Their support is greatly appreciated but I can't afford a $6,000 even excluding any failures at the present. I certainly didn't buy either of my cars to cover them up in my garage so if you can help me get some sponsorship $ I'd love to talk to you re a commission for you.

I think the weekend will be great and would love to be there.

A few people, previously and presently involved in the series, have expressed a concern re the inclusion of the AU and AT Supercars, which I know is contributing to some people's lack of committment to run.
Old 19 May 2005, 11:26 (Ref:1304475)   #23
wishbone
Racer

wishbone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I found a copy of the schedule here

Old 19 May 2005, 11:32 (Ref:1304478)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It seems the President of the PIARC doesnt mind that this event may be a financial basket case for the club....

An exerpt from the statement Here

PIARC believes there is a great need for a series such as this, and is comfortable that the series is a development of the thinking put into the 2004 Premier Series, with a number of improvements added to the structure and the organisation. In this position, we have agreed to conduct two rounds of the 2005 series to assist with getting it off the ground. In doing so, we have been mindful of the fact that we are the only promoter in the series who has to hire a venue up front at which to run the Meetings. The other promoters will potentially make paper losses to start with but I reality, it means they will get a lesser track rental for that weekend than they would normally charge someone else. In our situation, we will pay the going price of track hire regardless of profit or not so we have had to look more seriously at the situation
Old 19 May 2005, 11:44 (Ref:1304494)   #25
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
mixxer
Has anybody got a schedule for this Saturday at PI ?
The AMRS website has nothing listed in the event schedule section
Quote:
Wishbone
I found a copy of the schedule here
Cheers Wishbone, I must of been a day early