Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 29 Mar 2006, 11:01 (Ref:1564098)   #1
moggie
Rookie

moggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dan Clarke joins CTE Racing-HVM for 2006 Season

SURELY NOT?

Crash.net has said yesterday that....

'F3 graduate Dan Clarke has finally been confirmed for this year's Champ Car World Series, having inked a deal with CTE Racing-HVM after a string of off-season tests.

The Briton will partner Frenchman in a new-look line-up for Keith Wiggins team, which also welcomes American celebrity Cedric the Entertainer on board as partner for 2006, having found himself with a number of offers on both sides of the Atlantic ahead of the coming season. Although he tested with the Mi-Jack Conquest team over the winter, a return to British F3 appeared the most likely route for Clarke until the opportunity to join CTE-HVM arose with the season just over a week away....'
Old 29 Mar 2006, 11:10 (Ref:1564105)   #2
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
God help them and him!
Old 29 Mar 2006, 11:51 (Ref:1564124)   #3
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the story on Clarke?
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 29 Mar 2006, 12:22 (Ref:1564138)   #4
moggie
Rookie

Cocky British driver, although he does have some potential. Fair few crashes too!

I don't know what to think of his move from BF3 to this, he did do well for his first year in BF3. Should be interesting to see if he does well at all in this.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 13:18 (Ref:1564174)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic
Old 29 Mar 2006, 13:28 (Ref:1564181)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news for Clarke, and maybe for Champcar too? Clarke is a pretty good driver from what little I have heard, he finished 5th overall in last years British F3 championship which is still a highly competitve championship, I dont know how many crashes/DNF's he had in 2005 but he still finished 5th overall in the championship which to my mind means that he must have done very well in the races that he did finish.

I was a little worried at first about the performance leap between a F3 car and a Champcar but then when you see guys jump straight from Formula 3 into series like GP2 which is pretty comprable on pace to a Champcar and be competitve straight from the start I dont see why the same coudnt apply to Champcars.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 14:12 (Ref:1564201)   #7
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActiveMS
God help them and him!
We should not take every oportunity to beat Dan Clarke over the head. Dan has had his issues in the past, mainly from his management IMHO, and had his fair share of accidents. But the kid can drive.

Congratulations to Dan and I hope he does extremely well over the pond.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 14:24 (Ref:1564208)   #8
moggie
Rookie

It's not beating him over the head, it's just observation. He may be able to drive quite well, I think it is his stuck-up selfish attitude that brings about the criticism.
Old 29 Mar 2006, 14:32 (Ref:1564214)   #9
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I think HVM-CTE is a pretty good team for a rookie to step up into.
They have enough experience as a team to provide him the support he'll need.
Good luck to him.
As for a selfish stuck-up attitude; that could pretty much describe most racers really.
Being self-centred is kind of a pre-requisite.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 29 Mar 2006, 15:40 (Ref:1564256)   #10
dantley
Rookie

dantley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Couldn't believe this news! I've been on the recieving end of Dans driving in the past which left me thousands of £'s in debt with a written off racing car and no chance of racing again for a good few years, kinda sickening sometimes the mess that left me in and the situations he keeps finding himself in but thats life i guess....... anyway I can say goodluck to him, if he does well it only goes to higlight all the other talent left in the UK that didnt have the money or chances he has had......... oh and when u make abit of cash over there Dan, you owe me, I wont foeget !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 29 Mar 2006, 15:41 (Ref:1564254)   #11
dantley
Rookie

Couldn't believe this news! I've been on the recieving end of Dans driving in the past which left me thousands of £'s in debt with a written off racing car and no chance of racing again for a good few years, kinda sickening sometimes the mess that left me in and the situations he keeps finding himself in but thats life i guess....... anyway I can say goodluck to him, if he does well it only goes to higlight all the other talent left in the UK that didnt have the money or chances he has had......... oh and when u make abit of cash over there Dan, you owe me, I wont foeget !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 29 Mar 2006, 15:41 (Ref:1564255)   #12
dantley
Rookie

Old 29 Mar 2006, 15:43 (Ref:1564257)   #13
dantley
Rookie

Not sure I made my point there !!!!!!!!! sorry, PC kept crashing out !!
Old 29 Mar 2006, 15:53 (Ref:1564265)   #14
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
All the best to Dan...he'll do a stellar job I'm sure! Can't wait to see him in action!
Old 29 Mar 2006, 16:18 (Ref:1564279)   #15
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I'm very pleased. Us Brits have three drivers to follow this year incase we lose interest
Old 29 Mar 2006, 16:59 (Ref:1564313)   #16
Bazaboy
Rookie

Spain
Pedralba
Bazaboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good comments dantley, you have to ask is there any talent in the USA. With two of the brits you could probably count there total race wins in cars and karts on the fingers of two hands!