Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Jun 2007, 20:05 (Ref:1937117)   #1
alonso11
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest
alonso11 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Vettel replaces Kubica at Indy (merged)

It's official now:
http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=31750

I think it makes sense to let Robert have a little rest now, re-injurying your brain can cause permanent damage to it.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 20:15 (Ref:1937132)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Kubica out, Vettel in for Indy.

Robert hasn't been given the all-clear for Indy, and Vettel will take his place.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/...eplace_kubica/

Shame.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 20:16 (Ref:1937135)   #3
Ace Daddy
Rookie

United States
Tucson Arizona
Ace Daddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed he should sit out at leat this weekend. Obviously he wants to get back to racing, but after that harsh of a crash some rest is in order.

Like that famous commercial, a mind is a terrible thing to waste!
Old 14 Jun 2007, 20:44 (Ref:1937167)   #4
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quite sensible.

Interestingly, Rugby and Boxing have rules about major incidents and a forced sit out time. Maybe F1 needs to have a minimum sit out time for major incidents ...
Old 14 Jun 2007, 20:52 (Ref:1937180)   #5
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Predictable, and sensible.

A good call, imo. It should give Robert the extra time he needs to rest, and get himself back together, ready for when the circus heads back to Europe.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 21:22 (Ref:1937223)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Take all the time he needs, it will be worth waiting.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 21:29 (Ref:1937229)   #7
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
Take all the time he needs, it will be worth waiting.
agreed. And welcome Vettel.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 21:30 (Ref:1937230)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it's three weeks in those sports, which would theoretically have ruled him out of France as well. A good omen for Vettel - the last driver to debut at Indy was Timo Glock, also German, and he scored points.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 21:38 (Ref:1937234)   #9
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Unless you take as an omen the overall trajectory of his F1 career...
Old 14 Jun 2007, 21:48 (Ref:1937245)   #10
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's been very lucky, (blessed), and needs a rest.
I wish him well
Old 14 Jun 2007, 22:01 (Ref:1937267)   #11
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Glock made his debut at Montreal, to be a nitpicker. I have blown Vettel's omen, I apologise!

I was kind of hoping Glock would get the gig this weekend (because I'm biased basically) but Vettel should be interesting anyways. Look forward to seeing him in action and, if he keeps it clean, points should be on the cards.

And then we can hear, once again, about how darned easy it is for rookies these days!
Old 14 Jun 2007, 22:04 (Ref:1937272)   #12
Fletcher
Rookie

Finland
Fletcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
I think it's three weeks in those sports, which would theoretically have ruled him out of France as well. A good omen for Vettel - the last driver to debut at Indy was Timo Glock, also German, and he scored points.
Glock debuted in Canada.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 22:11 (Ref:1937282)   #13
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
And then we can hear, once again, about how darned easy it is for rookies these days!
...because it is all about the car. It is the only way a rookie could get in a good showing.

No other rookies have immediately been quick in F1 in previous eras...not once...

Never.

FACT.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 22:18 (Ref:1937286)   #14
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it is easier to get onto the pace of an F1 car now than in the past, but that shouldn't take anything from Vettel, or Glock, or you-know-who.

Sorry about my location confusion - at least I got the right continent....
Old 14 Jun 2007, 22:19 (Ref:1937289)   #15
JurekB
Racer

Poland
Stoke on Trent
JurekB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A sensible decision but disappointing nonetheless.

They are talking about another medical before the French GP so does this mean Kubica is unlikely to take part in the upcoming test session at Silverstone?
Old 14 Jun 2007, 22:20 (Ref:1937291)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd agree it's easier to reach the ultimate pace. Staying there is, of course, the hard bit.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 22:21 (Ref:1937293)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurekB
A sensible decision but disappointing nonetheless.

They are talking about another medical before the French GP so does this mean Kubica is unlikely to take part in the upcoming test session at Silverstone?
Quite possibly not.

Concussion is a funny thing. Robert could be out a couple of weeks or quite a while longer than that.

If you were planning to go to the Silverstone test, but aren't any more because Robert may not be there, I'd encourage you to go anyways.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 22:39 (Ref:1937316)   #18
JurekB
Racer

Poland
Stoke on Trent
JurekB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll definitely be there, the F1 test is a major highlight of my year mainly due to the lack of crowds and the freedom to move around and watch from different places despite 3/4 of the circuit being off limits.

I even have paddock access which is why I'd be disappointed if Kubica wasn't there as I was hoping to get him to sign a photo of him and me taken in the Donington paddock during the 2005 RWS meeting.
Old 14 Jun 2007, 23:31 (Ref:1937348)   #19
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vettel will do fine - though how they let a 12 year old drive an F1 car is beyond me!
Old 15 Jun 2007, 00:26 (Ref:1937373)   #20
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good luck to Vettel. Personally i feel Glock deserves a go but none the less both are promising young talents.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 06:36 (Ref:1937473)   #21
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
What about the other omen, the last driver replaced by a test driver after an accident
Old 15 Jun 2007, 06:52 (Ref:1937484)   #22
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
I was thinking the same thing and hoping that Robert doesn't get permantly replaced
Old 15 Jun 2007, 07:35 (Ref:1937513)   #23
nycuk
Veteran

England
Banbury, Oxfordshire, England
nycuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
I was thinking the same thing and hoping that Robert doesn't get permantly replaced
Me too. Although Robert wouldn't be unemployed for long if he was.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 11:57 (Ref:1937628)   #24
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Sensible decision to rest him, however I too would've thought Glock would have got the nod as sub over Vettel just for experience level.

On one hand Vettel is BMW's new golden boy but will BMW have to buy his Red Bull contract out (IIRC?) if they intend to race him permanantly?

On the other Glock is the other reserve and doesn't have any ties or potential conflicts so i'm surprised they didn't pick him>
Old 15 Jun 2007, 12:03 (Ref:1937632)   #25
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Kubica could be out for some time. You can draw parallells with the recent accident suffered by Tom Kristensen. Both had monster impacts, and both escaped 'without injury'. But in the case of Kristensen, the after effects of the accident took longer to subside than first expected. Robert could be out until Turkey potentially.