Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > A1GP

Old 7 Jun 2005, 22:57 (Ref:1322795)   #1
Lewis
Rookie

Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A1 GP teams and drivers??

Does anyone know what teams are running what countries franchises? and who is driving for what country??
Old 7 Jun 2005, 23:26 (Ref:1322811)   #2
DKGandBH
Veteran

DKGandBH has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes.
I am sure someone knows

There is a web page with details...somewhere...

DKGandBH
Old 7 Jun 2005, 23:35 (Ref:1322815)   #3
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arden are running Team GB; I think Carlin are running Portugal's entry, with Pedro Lamy as driver. Not sure about the rest yet!
Old 8 Jun 2005, 08:01 (Ref:1322946)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cos
Arden are running Team GB; I think Carlin are running Portugal's entry, with Pedro Lamy as driver. Not sure about the rest yet!

Both of those are correct
Old 8 Jun 2005, 17:08 (Ref:1323335)   #5
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
bradrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicking-back
Both of those are correct
Alan Docking running "Australia" and Ombra running "Lebanon" on behalf of Carlin
Old 9 Jun 2005, 16:01 (Ref:1324022)   #6
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradrive
Alan Docking running "Australia"
or Christian Jones Motorsport?
Old 9 Jun 2005, 22:47 (Ref:1324409)   #7
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFonseca
or Christian Jones Motorsport?
Nope. Alan Docking will run the car, and Alan Jones will be the head of the team.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 01:09 (Ref:1322837)   #8
alban lusitanae
Rookie

alban lusitanae should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greetings

Try these:

http://www.a1gp.com and http://www.a1gpdrivers.com

Cheers
Old 8 Jun 2005, 08:09 (Ref:1322949)   #9
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't Carlin pretty much running everyone except Team GB?
Old 8 Jun 2005, 18:28 (Ref:1323381)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Racing for Holland running "Holland".
Old 9 Jun 2005, 15:21 (Ref:1324003)   #11
bradrive
Racer

Brazil
Italy&Spain&Brazil
bradrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Racing for Holland running "Holland".
West Surrey Racing running "New Zealand"
Old 8 Jun 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1323393)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats good news, RFH are a crack squad and well capable of doing a good job in running these cars IMO, will be interesting to see just how good Jan Lammers and his team really are compared to guys like Arden and Carlin.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 19:38 (Ref:1323424)   #13
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The links for the drivers and countries dont seem to work - I get the page but when I click on an individula nothings comes up. Is there an old fashioned list anywhere? Surely Lamy isnt considering driving? His heyday was 10 tears ago.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1323447)   #14
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lamy is the driver, yes.

He has raced continually for the last 15 years and is still only 33.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 21:56 (Ref:1323527)   #15
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Lamy is the driver, yes.

He has raced continually for the last 15 years and is still only 33.
Thats interesting. I think he's a good driver, dont get me wrong. We used to race against him in Formula Opel-Lotus and he was lightning, just it seems a little late. Then again Lammers came back to F1 after 10 years so... It seemed like he was never quite so quick after he parked the remains of his Lotus in a tunnel at Silverstone in 94 tho.
Old 10 Jun 2005, 12:21 (Ref:1324737)   #16
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

So a list of teams and drivers - anyone???
Old 10 Jun 2005, 15:28 (Ref:1324871)   #17
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
What was the point in starting this thread?
I have already started a thread on the A1GP Teams

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69567
Old 4 Jul 2005, 11:54 (Ref:1346765)   #18
DEADDUCK
Rookie

United Kingdom
DEADDUCK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has there been a press release or something then Russfield?
Old 6 Jul 2005, 18:57 (Ref:1348985)   #19
Net-Ranger
Racer

Mexico
Mexico City
Net-Ranger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mexico to put a solid line-up...

Yesterday on the most respected mexican motorsports website Sporcar.com publish that mexican Champcar star driver Mario Dominguez and Grand-Am points leader before last weekend race Luis Diaz have a foot in the A1GP Team Mexico, this after some of the other 3 selected drivers to dispute the final shootout discard themselves from any chance to became a driver of the team due to undisclosed reasons

Also is becoming more clear that french team DAMS will be carrying the operation of the mexican team

DAMS also invited Hugo Oliveras (2005 Mexican Formula Renault runner-up) and Salvador Duran (2005 British F3 Championship National Class driver) to test the A1GP car next august in a test to take place in Paul Ricard

Hopefully soon we have an official announcement, but it seems that "Super Mario" (Mario Dominguez nickname) and "The Chapulin" (Luiz Diaz nickname) will be the choosen drivers to represent Mexico in the World Cup of Motorsport!!!!...

Story can be found here:
http://www.sporcar.com.mx
Old 6 Jul 2005, 22:41 (Ref:1349163)   #20
Shootmaster_44
Rookie

Shootmaster_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any rules regarding who can drive and who can't? If not does this mean theoretically Germany could use Michael Schumacher if he wanted to drive?

One thing I haven't noticed on this board is who will drive for Canada? I would like to see Paul Tracy drive, I think he is the best Canadian driver in the world today. If Champ Car drivers are disqualified for whatever reason, then I'd say Michael Valiante should drive.
Old 7 Jul 2005, 02:03 (Ref:1349233)   #21
Net-Ranger
Racer

Mexico
Mexico City
Net-Ranger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44
Is there any rules regarding who can drive and who can't? If not does this mean theoretically Germany could use Michael Schumacher if he wanted to drive?

One thing I haven't noticed on this board is who will drive for Canada? I would like to see Paul Tracy drive, I think he is the best Canadian driver in the world today. If Champ Car drivers are disqualified for whatever reason, then I'd say Michael Valiante should drive.
Mario Dominguez are doing everything he can to get the seat to represent Mexico and is almost official that he already get it, then why Paul Tracy, Alex Tagliani, Andrew Ranger cannot???

Also take a look to Formula Atlantic, Antonie Bassette is there and as far as i saw he's following Andrew Ranger steps, i really hope that Canada announce their team very soon, and i'm sure the Champcar and Atlantic drivers will be in the list
Old 7 Jul 2005, 05:50 (Ref:1349280)   #22
Kicking-back
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44
If Germany wanted Schumacher, and Ferrari allowed him to do it, and he wanted to do it, yes Germany could use him.

Quote:

Canada doesn't have an entry announced as yet.
Old 7 Jul 2005, 08:02 (Ref:1349348)   #23
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If Germany wanted Schumacher, and Ferrari allowed him to do it, and he wanted to do it, yes Germany could use him.But unlikely as no current F1 drivers are allowed to to do any other racing,only demos,and several dates clash.

Canada doesn't have an entry announced as yet.
Still 5 vacantcies!
Old 8 Jul 2005, 07:40 (Ref:1350140)   #24
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Malaysia's A1 GP team colour scheme. To be honest nothing special.

I suspect Alex Yoong has appointed himself as the driver.

The fine print says: Visual is representative only. Colour scheme and placements shall be finalized before the season starts.
Old 10 Jun 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1324888)   #25
Kicking-back
Veteran

This thread is about the teams who are running the cars, mabs_nsx, rather than the countries they'll represent.