Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Sep 2010, 21:09 (Ref:2753815)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2011 ACO series combined calendar; a work in progress

2011 combined calendar

Sebring WDWT Feb. 9th -10th ALMS

Test Paul Ricard (was) March - 7th / 8th LMS A week earlier?

Sebring 12hr Sat. March -19th ALMS (ILMC)

Paul Ricard (was) April 11th LMS First weekend of April?

Long Beach Sat. April -16th ALMS

Le Mans test day ???? April / May

Spa Franco champs (was) May 9th LMS (ILMC) either the first weekend or middle of month depending on LM test day?

Le Mans Sat.-Sun. June -11th/12th (ILMC double pts.)

Lime Rock Sat. July-9th ALMS

Algarve (was) July 17th LMS

Mosport Sun. July -24th ALMS

Mid Ohio Sat. Aug.-6th ALMS

Road America Sun. Aug.-21st ALMS

Hungaroring (was) August 22nd LMS August 13th?

Baltimore Sat. Sept.-3rd ALMS

Silverstone (was) September 12th LMS (ILMC) Sept. 10th into the night race?

Laguna Seca Sat. Sept.-17th ALMS

Petit Sat. Oct.-1st ALMS (ILMC)

Zhuhai (was) November 7th AsLMS (ILMC)

Fuji 6hr (not yet set) AsLMS (ILMC)

L.P.

Old 2 Sep 2010, 21:16 (Ref:2753818)   #2
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think we'll see the same tracks as this year on the LMS-schedule, Spa and Silverstone are probably safe, but the rest is quite uncertain.

There was an article on E-I recently which said, that LMS would go back to its roots i.e. the classic endurance circuits.
Old 2 Sep 2010, 21:19 (Ref:2753821)   #3
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I don't think we'll see the same tracks as this year on the LMS-schedule, Spa and Silverstone are probably safe, but the rest is quite uncertain.

There was an article on E-I recently which said, that LMS would go back to its roots i.e. the classic endurance circuits.
I concur. Last years LMS dates and venues are place holders, per se, until things become more clear.

L.P.
Old 2 Sep 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2753851)   #4
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Good stuff LP

Cheers
Old 2 Sep 2010, 23:51 (Ref:2753881)   #5
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

I believe the Nurburgring and Barcelona are both likely to reappear on the calendar...........can't remember where I heard/read it though. Monza's the circuit I'd most like to see reinstated.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 02:14 (Ref:2753903)   #6
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I believe the Nurburgring and Barcelona are both likely to reappear on the calendar...........can't remember where I heard/read it though. Monza's the circuit I'd most like to see reinstated.

I do believe someone was being 'Tight Lipped' about it.

L.P.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 11:53 (Ref:2754001)   #7
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For sure the Paul Ricard isn't going to disappear from LMS calendar? Apart from the obvious double points -farce and the lack of spectator seat capacity, it was pretty well received and exciting event.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2754004)   #8
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I too would love to see Monza appear on the calendar again, held in the summer. I might need a Plan B for endurance sportscars this year...
Old 3 Sep 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2754008)   #9
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be great to see the Nürburgring back on the schedule of the LMS... but I'm not shure how all the things turn out in the long term. The "Ring" still is in big trouble and is struggling with huge financial problems. Simply by megalomania and lack of know how by the former management and the involved politicians. Without the last minute 330 Mill EUR guaranty of the state (the formation creates a scandal too) they were about to close down. It's a real shame...

Last year the LMS lost the race (incuring a loss by the event and lack of sponsorship) in favor of the FIA GT races by with the hope of larger attendance... and up to now I don't see any change by the LMS concerning this matter...

I don't know the term of contract or if it is possible to run both series (conflict of the dates)...

Anyway, we will see soon...

Old 3 Sep 2010, 12:57 (Ref:2754024)   #10
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carsten66 View Post
It would be great to see the Nürburgring back on the schedule of the LMS... but I'm not shure how all the things turn out in the long term. The "Ring" still is in big trouble and is struggling with huge financial problems. Simply by megalomania and lack of know how by the former management and the involved politicians. Without the last minute 330 Mill EUR guaranty of the state (the formation creates a scandal too) they were about to close down. It's a real shame...
While you are right on both accounts, I don't think the above is necessarily connected to the part below

Quote:
Last year the LMS lost the race (incuring a loss by the event and lack of sponsorship) in favor of the FIA GT races by with the hope of larger attendance... and up to now I don't see any change by the LMS concerning this matter...

As far as I know, the Ring themselves don't organize races, but source that out to the various German auto clubs and their chapters, i.e. the LMS race and now the FIA GT race were organized by the ADAC Nordrhein, who in turn rented the track from the Ring.

I think the LMS would stand a better chance of making a comeback at the Ring if they could become part of another event instead of being a stand alone race. I am not sure about night racing regulations at the Ring, but perhaps they could have a Saturday night race on the DTM-weekend?
Old 3 Sep 2010, 16:08 (Ref:2754094)   #11
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

I think the LMS would stand a better chance of making a comeback at the Ring if they could become part of another event instead of being a stand alone race. I am not sure about night racing regulations at the Ring, but perhaps they could have a Saturday night race on the DTM-weekend?
I don't think that's a realistic possibility, the DTM has its own string of support series and the series itsel occupies all the pit space etc.

I don't see any room for a 50-car race to be squeezed in there.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 16:24 (Ref:2754104)   #12
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
So it seems that so far
Spa
Silverstone
For sure as already slated as 2011 ILMC rounds.

With Nurburgring and Barcelona being the leaders as rounds that will be on next years calendar. So that leaves at least one more round to be sussed out.

L.P.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 16:26 (Ref:2754110)   #13
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Would it not be logical to have a German LMS round in 2011 before becoming an ILMC round in 2012?

According to the Audi PR release for Silverstone the 2008 round (Audi vs Peugeot) attracted 53k spectators, in other years it's been closer to 20k.

With manufactuers backing a German round I would have thought 40k+ spectators would be possible.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 16:40 (Ref:2754117)   #14
Speed-King
Veteran

Nürburgring drew 25k in 2008 - and I think that's about as good as it gets for LMS as there are just too many good events up there, especially with a racing season that's basically only 3 or 4 months long. Oh, and having Spa with its own busy event calender basically right around the corner doesn't help either.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2754130)   #15
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Would it not be logical to have a German LMS round in 2011 before becoming an ILMC round in 2012?

According to the Audi PR release for Silverstone the 2008 round (Audi vs Peugeot) attracted 53k spectators, in other years it's been closer to 20k.

With manufactuers backing a German round I would have thought 40k+ spectators would be possible.
Yes, I agree... and in particular thinking of the roots of motorsports and classic endurance circuits (manufactuers, suppliers and fans) we should see a race at least at the other strongholds like Germany and Italy...

Old 3 Sep 2010, 19:15 (Ref:2754189)   #16
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Portimão has a contract for another year and they are talking with LMEO in order to change the date for something out of the summer season.

Portimão is one of the best track in europe... just read the 60yrs edition of autosport to understand it once an for all!!

Barcelona had less spectators than Portimão... and this year, if there was a official Audi and Peugeot entrie, the numbers would rise up very fast. Most of the fans with whom i've talked, didn't wen to portimão because of the lack of official entries in the main class.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 19:18 (Ref:2754191)   #17
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monza must be there, Nurburgring or Hockenheim must be there and maybe Brno

Motorland would be a good circuit for the LMS too, it´s long enough, it´s a great track and the stands usually are full (80K attendance on the past Renault world Series). And there are a big tradition with sport cars racing on Alcañiz.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 20:07 (Ref:2754216)   #18
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
Portimão has a contract for another year and they are talking with LMEO in order to change the date for something out of the summer season.

Portimão is one of the best track in europe... just read the 60yrs edition of autosport to understand it once an for all!!

Barcelona had less spectators than Portimão... and this year, if there was a official Audi and Peugeot entrie, the numbers would rise up very fast. Most of the fans with whom i've talked, didn't wen to portimão because of the lack of official entries in the main class.
Yes, I believe the date being changed is paramount for this venue to succeed. Maybe as the opener instead of Ricard?

L.P.
Old 3 Sep 2010, 21:42 (Ref:2754257)   #19
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's the appeal in racing in the current Nurburgring?!

I know all the history stuff around there, but come on, that track, after Mercedes and Tilke created that pile of rubbish on the first section of the track, is just not meant for big powerful sportscars!

It's like having to race the 24h of Le Mans on the Bugatti circuit.

IMHO, there are much better tracks in Europe that are better suited to sportscar races (and Spa is less than 150 kms away anyway, that's way less than going from Lisbon to Portimão ).
Old 3 Sep 2010, 22:10 (Ref:2754270)   #20
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
What's the appeal in racing in the current Nurburgring?!
That's what I was wondering until recently as well, but after having seen the GP-track in person during the 24hours and last weekends GT1-races, I have changed my opinion. It's actually quite a decent track and even the new stadium section is not all that bad - probably more so from a spectator's than from a driver's point of view, though.

And then: Among the blind, the one-eyed is king. That's to say that the other German circuits are probably even worse than the current Nürburgring: Hockenheim has been butchered much more, Eurospeedway has zero athmosphere and Oschersleben is very Mickey-Mousy. Sachsenring is pretty good, but it is a bike track first and foremost.
Old 4 Sep 2010, 11:40 (Ref:2754413)   #21
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And then: Among the blind, the one-eyed is king. That's to say that the other German circuits are probably even worse than the current Nürburgring: Hockenheim has been butchered much more, Eurospeedway has zero athmosphere and Oschersleben is very Mickey-Mousy. Sachsenring is pretty good, but it is a bike track first and foremost.
I understand that. I'll go even further and say that the Norisring is the only decent track that the germans have nowadays (forgetting the Nordschleife ).

If atleast the Nurburgring bypassed the pile of rubbish in the first sector (bring the old Castrol S ), then I wouldn't mind at all (the rest is rather ok).
Old 4 Sep 2010, 13:54 (Ref:2754447)   #22
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
It's actually quite a decent track and even the new stadium section is not all that bad - probably more so from a spectator's than from a driver's point of view, though.
Th funny thing about europe (it must be the same in the states) is that there is enough "decent" tracks to run a full 52 weekend racing series... so the question here is: Do we keep on talking forever in the good old days and in tradition, even if those traditions are nor what it used to be, or we bet on new and exiting track, creating new traditions for the future and new audience?

Or, like in Football (soccer to our American friends ) we will keep on talking over an over again about the same countries: England, Spain, France, Germany, Italy... the other countries are not second class!

Quote:
Hockenheim has been butchered much more,
if there was a spanish inquisition for racing, they would have been more soft on Hockenheim... that was pure evil.
Old 4 Sep 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2754452)   #23
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
Yes, I believe the date being changed is paramount for this venue to succeed. Maybe as the opener instead of Ricard? L.P.
Any date outside the summer season will be good, and at least will give a proper conclusion about the success or not of a race in Portugal. Having this race in the summer season in Algarve is suicide. Travel Tickets are almost double price, the hotels triple price... then, any race after Le Mans always had smaller grids...

I know guys that live in the north of Portugal (where i live and where there are most of the motorsport fans) that went to see the 24 Hours of Spa and cost them less than going to Algarve for the LMS...

Franckly, i have my doubts that they will succeed in moving dates to before Le Mans or the end of the season. But with 3 European round of the ILMC (Spa, Silverstone and Le Mans) it would make sense that Spa and Silverstone rounds be scheduled to after, before or with Le Mans in middle so the European part of the ILMC to be done in sequence.

Let's see...
Old 4 Sep 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2754454)   #24
manthey
Racer

manthey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
Monza must be there, Nurburgring or Hockenheim must be there and maybe Brno

Motorland would be a good circuit for the LMS too, it´s long enough, it´s a great track and the stands usually are full (80K attendance on the past Renault world Series). And there are a big tradition with sport cars racing on Alcañiz.
I didn't know until your message about Mortland aragon circuit..I just saw on the official site the simulation,wow,is a great circuit! a very long straight too!
I report:
The circuit is 5,345 m long and 12-15 m wide.
It covers an area of 1,320m2 and has a main straight 1,726m long, which makes it an international benchmark for holding aerodynamic trials
Old 6 Sep 2010, 01:24 (Ref:2754968)   #25
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, next motogp race will be on the Motorland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49xEE...eature=related