Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Dec 2009, 10:39 (Ref:2599347)   #76
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Latest interview with Dr. Ullrich: Clicky

Seems to hint at the possibility that the fifth event required for IC entry could be either the first race of the LMS, or the second race of the AsLMS (translation isn't great).

Also, seems as if Dumas/Bernhard are likely to return.
There's an interesting quote in that article with regard to Audi's non-participation at Sebring. As has been reported elsewhere, the ACO's 2010 regs were published too late for Audi to have their full 2010 spec car ready in time. But, Audi still wanted to race at Sebring. A request was apparently made to Peugeot for permission to race there with an interim (2009/2010) spec car. Peugeot have sportingly turned down this request.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 10:58 (Ref:2599358)   #77
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Disappointing..... for the fans, anyway.....
Old 14 Dec 2009, 11:52 (Ref:2599375)   #78
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
A request was apparently made to Peugeot for permission to race there with an interim (2009/2010) spec car. Peugeot have sportingly turned down this request.
If Peugeot managed to make the 908 to 2010 specs, then so could Audi!
Why should Audi have special treatment, just because they messed up with the R15?
Old 14 Dec 2009, 12:17 (Ref:2599388)   #79
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
If Peugeot managed to make the 908 to 2010 specs, then so could Audi!
The changes Audi has to make are a lot more extensive. Peugeot just has to close the rear fender.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 12:30 (Ref:2599394)   #80
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwyllion View Post
The changes Audi has to make are a lot more extensive. Peugeot just has to close the rear fender.
Is that Peugeot's problem!?.
The rules are the same for both Audi and Peugeot.
They received the rules at the same time.
So i can't really se why Peugeot is the bad guys?.
If any one should be pointed out as the bad guys then it's ACO.
Peugeot can't be help responsible for Audi making a bad decision with the R15, and ACO releasing the rules late!.
It's very simple!
Old 14 Dec 2009, 12:43 (Ref:2599400)   #81
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, it is not Peugeot's problem, and Audi should not be given special treatment, if Audi were that bothered about giving the fans a good show, they would turn up with a pair of R10's, but Audi don't give a damn about the fans and neither to Peugeot.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 12:55 (Ref:2599407)   #82
tkelland
Rookie

tkelland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
I agree, it is not Peugeot's problem, and Audi should not be given special treatment, if Audi were that bothered about giving the fans a good show, they would turn up with a pair of R10's, but Audi don't give a damn about the fans and neither to Peugeot.
How does this help? Unless run by Privateers with no factory drivers, the R10 would need similar upgrades to be permitted to run at Sebring (run to ACO rules).
Old 14 Dec 2009, 12:57 (Ref:2599408)   #83
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Do you really believe that Audi showing up with the old R10 will provide good show for the fans? The car will be seriously slow. Moreover, the rear fenders of the R10 has to be redesigned, unless the car is run by a non-works team with non-works drivers (again not really good show).
Old 14 Dec 2009, 13:02 (Ref:2599415)   #84
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My point is the big Factory teams don't give a crap about putting on a show for the fans, all they care about is the money, so don't start with all this "for the fans" BS.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 13:56 (Ref:2599448)   #85
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
My point is the big Factory teams don't give a crap about putting on a show for the fans, all they care about is the money, so don't start with all this "for the fans" BS.
I disagree. I think the big factory teams do like to put on a show for the fans. Unfortunately, they are subject to the budgetry constraints imposed on them at boardroom level.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 14:08 (Ref:2599452)   #86
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
I disagree. I think the big factory teams do like to put on a show for the fans. Unfortunately, they are subject to the budgetry constraints imposed on them at boardroom level.
What the big factories makes money on is the big shows! (ex. see Acura in ALMS this year, where there was no show, and this caused Acura to seriously reconsidering there investment).
But, my argument is still valid.
Audi and Peugeot had the same Terms for this year, so why should we feel bad for Audi not doing there work properly?. In a way we should be annoyed at Audi for not doing there job in time for Sebring as Peugeot has done!
Old 14 Dec 2009, 14:11 (Ref:2599453)   #87
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Like everyone else factory teams have budgets to work with, they have to ensure the money gets them as good an exposure as possible, it is another form of advertising to them and it is the fans of motor racing (you and I) that this type of advertising is directed at, therefore those fans are important to them.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 14:51 (Ref:2599470)   #88
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
But, my argument is still valid.
Erm......I wasn't actually referring to your argument.

Your argument is most certainly valid, absolutely, as is the fact that from a fan's point of view, it's disappointing that Peugeot have chosen to veto Audi's demand to participate at Sebring with a non 2010 compliant car.
Old 14 Dec 2009, 14:58 (Ref:2599473)   #89
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:

Your argument is most certainly valid, absolutely, as is the fact that from a fan's point of view, it's disappointing that Peugeot have chosen to veto Audi's demand to participate at Sebring with a non 2010 compliant car.
Sorry .

But i have to disagree!
Because, it's wrong, especially for a fan, to thing it's Peugeots fault not being at Sebring!
1. Audi could have filed for a waiver!.
2. The correct placement of "disappointing" is that it's disappointing from Audi not making the R15 complaint in time!.

Audi is twisting the facts to push the blame from themselfs (as any one would do), not to disappoint the fans
Old 14 Dec 2009, 16:22 (Ref:2599514)   #90
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

that would mean Audi asked ACO/IMSA .. and ACO/IMSA asked Pug for permission .. but why would ACO/IMSA ask Pug before taking a decision?

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Dec 2009, 16:23 (Ref:2599516)   #91
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani Filth View Post
that would mean Audi asked ACO/IMSA .. and ACO/IMSA asked Pug for permission .. but why would ACO/IMSA ask Pug before taking a decision?
I was trying to work that one out myself. Who makes the rules? Peugeot?
Old 14 Dec 2009, 16:29 (Ref:2599521)   #92
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I was trying to work that one out myself. Who makes the rules? Peugeot?
That sounds like a misplaced expression of surprise, if I may say so James!
Old 14 Dec 2009, 16:32 (Ref:2599525)   #93
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
they could've crippled the Audi in some non costly way .. a much smaller restrictor .. but the whole story sounds a bit fishy to me ..

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Dec 2009, 17:08 (Ref:2599547)   #94
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
ACO knows that the only real competition for Audi next year is Peugeot.
Peugeot and Audi is the only one who hasn't filed for a Waiver.
If Audi was to get a advantage (of not having to race under 2010 regulation, as they have promised, by not filing for a waiver), Then ACO has to talk with Peugeot about it!. You put out regulations, where 2 says, ok, we can do it.
Then later, one of them says, we can't make our car to the regulations in time, but the other one has made their car.
How do you justify between the 2?
Old 14 Dec 2009, 17:31 (Ref:2599564)   #95
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
Did I hurt your little feelings, Mal?

Now you post they haven't "yet announced all the races they will do." When we last heard from you, you told us they hadn't "ruled out" the races they wouldn't. I'm really sorry if you don't understand that difference.
No you didn't hurt my feelings, but I didn't think your attitude was necessary on this normally harmonious forum.

You will note from my first post - that you ridiculed - that I said they hadnt ruled out Sebring and that they still had one race to announce - there was no reference to other races - just speculation of the possibility that the matter wasn't closed - both were facts as I saw them at the time and both were mentioned in the same post - both perfectly reasonable comments that didn't warrant your reaction.

What then is it you were and still are trying to say that I didn't understand??

Last edited by Mal; 14 Dec 2009 at 17:42.
Old 15 Dec 2009, 00:22 (Ref:2599805)   #96
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why dos this noy surprise me? I guess they want to give the Pugs one last year of "glory" before Audi hands them their asses again...
Old 15 Dec 2009, 02:38 (Ref:2599868)   #97
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1969MGCGTdriver View Post
why dos this noy surprise me? I guess they want to give the Pugs one last year of "glory" before Audi hands them their asses again...
Yes, thats why Audi was allowed to race a potentially illegal car this year and still get "their asses handed to them" to use your lingo. Makes sense...
Old 15 Dec 2009, 03:21 (Ref:2599887)   #98
cdsvg
Racer

Australia
cdsvg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The EI article mentions Suzuka as one of the Asian LMS races - has this been confirmed anywhere?
Old 15 Dec 2009, 07:53 (Ref:2599966)   #99
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdsavage View Post
The EI article mentions Suzuka as one of the Asian LMS races - has this been confirmed anywhere?
No, not yet confirmed, but does appear to be the preferred option.
Old 15 Dec 2009, 07:54 (Ref:2599967)   #100
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
No, not yet confirmed, but does appear to be the preferred option.
...and what a great place to have a sportscar race!

It also makes sense if Audi (and others) are travelling to the far east for LMIC for them to take in more than on race out there.