Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 Jan 2010, 03:57 (Ref:2620759)   #151
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't possibly see why anyone in their right mind would expect Audi not to ask. The worst they could hear is no, leaving them no worse off than they were already. Plain and simple.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 04:26 (Ref:2620765)   #152
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Brabs is back with Highcroft in a Honda badged Acura ARX-01 LMP2 car in the ALMS for 2010. Dayton has also said that Highcroft would like to do Le Mans, but unless they want to run an LMP1 car, they'll need at least one Gentleman driver on the team(David, Simon and Marino are all full time professsional drivers).
Old 28 Jan 2010, 04:38 (Ref:2620771)   #153
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Brabs is back with Highcroft in a Honda badged Acura ARX-01 LMP2 car in the ALMS for 2010. Dayton has also said that Highcroft would like to do Le Mans, but unless they want to run an LMP1 car, they'll need at least one Gentleman driver on the team(David, Simon and Marino are all full time professsional drivers).
Duncan could hop in for Le Mans.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 08:23 (Ref:2620823)   #154
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Duncan could hop in for Le Mans.
.. or they could use the P1 car with the rumoured low downforce body kit
Old 28 Jan 2010, 10:19 (Ref:2620891)   #155
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Treluyer, Fassler, and Lotterer to join Joest squad.

Both EI/Auto-Hebdo have the story now. So there must be some substance behind it.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 28 Jan 2010 at 10:36.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 11:12 (Ref:2620921)   #156
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Treluyer, Fassler, and Lotterer to join Joest squad.

Both EI/Auto-Hebdo have the story now. So there must be some substance behind it.
Lotterer too... what a coincidence they snatch up two Super GT drivers at once.

Article only mentions Le Mans though, so this might just be a one-off affair. Unless they´re doing DTM too, Audi doesen't really have enough going on to keep these guys busy anyways... I doubt they would trade in a full Super GT and Formula Nippon season for three or four races a year.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 11:20 (Ref:2620924)   #157
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post

Article only mentions Le Mans though, so this might just be a one-off affair. Unless they´re doing DTM too, Audi doesen't really have enough going on to keep these guys busy anyways... I doubt they would trade in a full Super GT and Formula Nippon season for three or four races a year.
Also Audi has enough full time Endurance drivers, so it would be too expensive for them to have 2 others, compared to a multi driver (Sports and DTM).
Old 28 Jan 2010, 11:21 (Ref:2620925)   #158
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Also Audi has enough full time Endurance drivers, so it would be too expensive for them to have 2 others, compared to a multi driver (Sports and DTM).
Autosport are saying that Premat, Werner and possibly Luhr have been dropped
Old 28 Jan 2010, 11:26 (Ref:2620928)   #159
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Werner ..... I thought he was brilliant .
Old 28 Jan 2010, 11:28 (Ref:2620929)   #160
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Werner ..... I thought he was brilliant .
Luhr too.
Ill always remember him for the Gt2 Porsche years!
Old 28 Jan 2010, 11:31 (Ref:2620933)   #161
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
A real shame about Marco Werner, I always felt he was kind of underrated at Audi. McNish and Kristensen had always been in the spotlight but Marco has been blazing quick, especially in the rain and in the dark.

Too bad, I hope he finds another drive somewhere. And Lucas, well, his stay with Audi wasn't too good either. He didn't fit into DTM (as most sports car drivers) and Audi didn't offer him a lot of drives in 2009.

Shame...
Old 28 Jan 2010, 11:34 (Ref:2620936)   #162
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Probably the sole reason Rockenfeller is still on board (given his checkered record).
He's made some rookie errors, but definitely has the outright pace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Providing that's true (and depending how lineups are managed), I guess it's now a lot more likely that we could see a Rockenfeller/Dumas/Bernhard combination.

Last edited by R4z3rw33n; 28 Jan 2010 at 11:53.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 12:05 (Ref:2620957)   #163
Japanese Samurai
Veteran

Japan
Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!Japanese Samurai has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid09 View Post

They were participating in the Super GT test in January 19-21.
They will participate in S-GT this year, too.
It is preferable for S-GT that they take an active part in the sportscar race of Europe.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 13:25 (Ref:2621002)   #164
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What does this mean for Corvette losing Fassler? Who is going to run in the number 3 in endurance events?

Chris
Old 28 Jan 2010, 14:29 (Ref:2621034)   #165
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
If I was Audi , I would send some top staff to help out with Kolles effort and crew it with some of the new drivers ..... that gets around that ACO rules , now dont it . I expect that is was might happen .
Old 28 Jan 2010, 15:12 (Ref:2621072)   #166
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post

Providing that's true (and depending how lineups are managed), I guess it's now a lot more likely that we could see a Rockenfeller/Dumas/Bernhard combination.
I was thinking maybe this means that Dumas and Bernhard won't be with Audi this year, since they weren't officially Audi drivers anyways. It would seem strange to drop Luhr and Werner.

Does anybody know about the severity of T.K.'s ankle injury?
Old 28 Jan 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2621093)   #167
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was thinking maybe this means that Dumas and Bernhard won't be with Audi this year, since they weren't officially Audi drivers anyways. It would seem strange to drop Luhr and Werner.

TK? I guessed I missed that one. What is known?
Old 28 Jan 2010, 16:41 (Ref:2621109)   #168
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
He sprung his Achillestendon while playing a fun match with his son Oliver.
His operation went well, but is going to keep the leg up for 8 weeks (7 weeks now).
Old 28 Jan 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2621176)   #169
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
He sprung his Achillestendon while playing a fun match with his son Oliver.
His operation went well, but is going to keep the leg up for 8 weeks (7 weeks now).
Ouch, sounds painful. Well he should be ready by June then.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 18:55 (Ref:2621191)   #170
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Ouch, sounds painful. Well he should be ready by June then.
Hopefully .
But this only less'ns the chance of Audi at Sebring.
Old 28 Jan 2010, 20:07 (Ref:2621252)   #171
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Autosport print is saying Tom is unlikely to be fit for the post Sebring test, but should be fine for the 1st LMIC commitment (Paul Ricard?).
Old 28 Jan 2010, 20:11 (Ref:2621254)   #172
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
Autosport print is saying Tom is unlikely to be fit for the post Sebring test, but should be fine for the 1st LMIC commitment (Paul Ricard?).
Isn't that a given when he has to rest his food in 7 weeks
Old 28 Jan 2010, 22:07 (Ref:2621316)   #173
Tom908V12
Veteran

France
Paris(France)
Tom908V12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish a speedy recovery to TK
Old 28 Jan 2010, 22:13 (Ref:2621319)   #174
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Werner is basically the same age as Biela and Pirro, so I would not be surprised if he was looking at (semi?) retirement. Maybe like Frank he will run R8s at the Nurburgring but it would not surprise me if, like those gentlemen, James Weaver and so many others he has decided to go out while he's still fast.

I think that Audi made some good moves with their sportscar pilot additions; Fassler is a known quantity, Treluyer has had massive pace and adapted very quickly to the 908, and Lotterer got to grips with the R10 better in a single meeting than most of the other Kolles drivers did in a season while showing a real cool head under serious endurance pressure. An excellent series of additions.

Why Luhr, rather than Rockenfeller, is likely to be dropped is beyond me. The latter has never seemed that good in DTM or in prototypes while Luhr proved to be very strong and rapid at the wheel of the R10 in the ALMS. Rocky should go back to GT cars IMO, and Luhr should stay at Audi!
Old 29 Jan 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2621930)   #175
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sneak peak of the r15plus.... sorta

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=4740348