Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 31 May 2010, 18:12 (Ref:2701916)   #1
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Radio Le Mans 2010

As some of you know, I have a 'connection' at Radio Le Mans and of course, both Trussers and Hindy are members here.

We tend to just take it for granted that Radio Le Mans will always be there, but most of us also know that there's a lot of work for John and Eve in particular to do to provide us with what for me is one of the most essential things at Le Mans (after 55 (or 56!) cars and their drivers!).

So, just to put your minds at rest, I have it on very good authority that Radio Le Mans will be out in force again, crewed by the usual suspects - John Hindhaugh, Jim Roller and Paul Truswell in the tribune, joined by Nick Daman, Graham Tyler, Bruce Jones and Joe Bradley from the pits. Expert insights from the inimitable and quotable Charles 'Chuck' Dressing. Tech Support from 'Brilliant' Bob Dawson. Tune in on 91.2 fm and on www.radiolemans.com for news from scrutineering and live action on circuit from 4pm on Wednesday!

Now, is that good news or is that good news?!!
Old 31 May 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2701917)   #2
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
So the team from last year in full? Excellent. So I know I'm going to have a lovely intermission between two exams being informed about anything and everything that goes on at La Sarthe.

P.S. Hindy is a member here? Since when????

P.P.S. There's a possibility that they'll be accompanied for the start of the race by Mr. Ashley Judd a.k.a. Dario F., intention was posted on Facebook.
Old 31 May 2010, 18:41 (Ref:2701932)   #3
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
What would Le Mans be for us without them... They are a must!
Old 31 May 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2701934)   #4
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
What would Le Mans be for us without them... They are a must!
I can't imagine Le Mans without them anymore. I would be left with the Eurosport guys (Martin Haven is a nice guy) but most of the rest are centuries behind the RLM guys.
Old 31 May 2010, 18:46 (Ref:2701935)   #5
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now all I have to do is figure out how to get RLM on my iPhone so I can hear updates between sessions at the Rose Cup races (Portland, OR). At least I don't have to work all weekend, like I did the last time I had to stay home from Le Mans. And since the track has wi-fi, no roaming 3G charges.

Any ideas?
keke
Old 31 May 2010, 19:19 (Ref:2701962)   #6
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The best way to get RLM on an iPhone is to download a radio app, I use Tune In Radio and it works without any problems.
Old 31 May 2010, 19:26 (Ref:2701969)   #7
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
As much a part of Le Mans as merguez et frites. The first cracklings of RLM on the car radio on the drive down is a key goosebump moment in the week.
Old 31 May 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2701979)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well I will tune in just after Alencon on Wednesday, the old favorites are still there and as soon as i hear the dolcette tones of Mr Hindhaugh and Mr Truswell i know that I have arrived. Good luck to all at RLM
Old 31 May 2010, 21:21 (Ref:2702075)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post

P.S. Hindy is a member here? Since when????

http://tentenths.com/forum/member.php?u=11844
Old 31 May 2010, 21:22 (Ref:2702076)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
The best way to get RLM on an iPhone is to download a radio app, I use Tune In Radio and it works without any problems.

Doesn't it kill the battery though Rob?
Old 1 Jun 2010, 05:58 (Ref:2702285)   #11
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's not too bad, I reckon I get about 4 hours between charges. However I will be using the laptop to tune in rather than my phone during the race.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 07:22 (Ref:2702307)   #12
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But no activity since november 2007.
Old 1 Jun 2010, 11:55 (Ref:2702454)   #13
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If there were a Facebook "like" button on this thread I'd be pressing it right now!!
Old 1 Jun 2010, 12:00 (Ref:2702458)   #14
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
there is actually ... look up for "rate thread" .. and give it 5 stars

Ciao Marco
Old 1 Jun 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2702689)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Unfortunately, very few members here bother to use either the thread rating system or the reputation system either.....
Old 1 Jun 2010, 20:03 (Ref:2702765)   #16
Robert RS
Rookie

Netherlands
Veenendaal
Robert RS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've gotten myself a new iPod with FM tuner and a spare battery so I should be good for well over 30 hours of RLM non-stop! Listening to a race on RLM is often as good as watching the actual footage live on TV, which I guess is the biggest compliment any sports radio can get nowadays.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 11:08 (Ref:2703777)   #17
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We have a spare Samsung Jet which I was going to bring along to use in areas where wifi is available. Sadly, neither I, nor any of my kids, can find a way to 'listen live' to Radio Le Mans on it.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 11:20 (Ref:2703785)   #18
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
I'm guessing it's probably too late to get them for this year, but I use a set of RaceTunes ear defenders, with built in digital AM/FM radio, and a 3.5mm socket for playing your ipod or, in my case, a scanner. Therefore you won't go deaf and you know what's going on!!!!!!! Worth investing in for the future.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 11:26 (Ref:2703789)   #19
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tarrant View Post
I'm guessing it's probably too late to get them for this year, but I use a set of RaceTunes ear defenders, with built in digital AM/FM radio, and a 3.5mm socket for playing your ipod or, in my case, a scanner. Therefore you won't go deaf and you know what's going on!!!!!!! Worth investing in for the future.
Yep, got some of those, and a pair of Sordin equivalents. I just can't get on with earphones, so from my point of view, they're ideal (if a little bulky).
Old 3 Jun 2010, 18:28 (Ref:2704034)   #20
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Unfortunately, very few members here bother to use either the thread rating system or the reputation system either.....
Yes, it seems that is very true.
Along with many of the other features offered/supplied.

L.P.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 13:23 (Ref:2711046)   #21
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
I have been listening all week via the Internet - FANTASTIC coverage as every from everyone at Radio Le Mans, you guys are the best in the business......!!!!
Old 13 Jun 2010, 14:21 (Ref:2711098)   #22
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic coverage as usuam from RLM!
Old 13 Jun 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2711218)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RLM: Rant Le Mans?

Enjoyed it again, Paul is a fantastic anchor and voice of reason. The race would not be the same without him.
Old 13 Jun 2010, 17:03 (Ref:2711223)   #24
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Indeed, a great job by the RLM team who had me listening to them while watching the Speed feed on mute, and even in the kitchen while doing dinner and dishes. If my phone wasn't pre-internet in age I'd have been listening on my shopping errands too...

Special thanks to Paul Truswell for being such an amazing fount of calm and reason and a never-ending source of information and analysis. Still sorry we could not meet in Ontario last summer Trussers!
Old 13 Jun 2010, 17:53 (Ref:2711274)   #25
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, thank you all once again for keeping us, in the nether, IN THE RACE.

L.P.