Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 8 Mar 2000, 09:18 (Ref:3104)   #1
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More women in motorsport, I belive so.
There should be moe women starting off at Club level, and then who knows?....
Will there be women if F1.
Lots of girls are around at the Karting level, and one 16 year old
is stepping up to T-Cars this year.
What are your veiws on women racing?
Old 8 Mar 2000, 10:47 (Ref:3105)   #2
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can tell you what, here in local Queensland club motorsport the girls quite often give the blocks a flogging in the smaller capacity classes. If there were more of them out there they would win more often. The problem is that some of the girls have troubles moving up to the bigger faster classes, things like the cars are too hard to steer etc (and fair enough too, i know i couldn't do it). Godd luck to them all, they deserve a go
Old 8 Mar 2000, 14:44 (Ref:3106)   #3
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yep I agree ..give em a go ..Im not worried if I get beaten by a female its happened before and im sure it will happen again...Leanne Ferrier became the first Female to win a round of the Australian Formula Ford series a couple of weeks ago and she seems quite talented..so they are capable.
Old 8 Mar 2000, 23:44 (Ref:3107)   #4
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a big supporter for more woman in top classes of racing.
There are thousands of woman racing in minor classes. The reason they don't make it in the big leagues is not because they're not good enough, they are, but because no one is taking them seriously and willing to take the risk.
And if someone does, they're there for publicity reasons, not for driving their skills.
As for Formula One, as long as Bernie E. is at the helm, no woman will make it to the top. I read an interview with him in Autosport magazine in which he said he would like to see a black woman with super looks, preferably Jewish or Muslim, who speaks Spanish.
What kind of ******** is this?
Also, history hasn't been good to woman racing drivers.
In Formula One's 50 years of existence, only 5 woman have tried to qualify for a race of which two have succeeded.
There are a few woman out there who I think have the ability to make it in Formula One or any other top class of motorsport.
I'm a big fan of Marybeth Harrison, a Canadian driver who was part of the CART Pace Car program the last two years.
She has beaten the guys in all classes she raced in and I don't see why she couldn't do this in CART.
If only someone would be willing to put the door ajar.