Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 21 Oct 2012, 01:40 (Ref:3155135)   #251
J.C.
Racer

United States
Sleepy Hollow, New York
J.C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Congrats to Rebellion indeed.

As a BMW fan, I knew the #55 BMW was going to make a comeback at the end of the race. I was just hoping they would win the race. Becasue possibly, this may be the last race for the BMW M3 GT2. Then that last pitstop just killed all hopes. Then the #01 Ferrari made it on fuel.

Well... That's endurance racing
Old 21 Oct 2012, 02:43 (Ref:3155156)   #252
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know exactly how many of the 394 laps Rebellion led? I think Muscle Milk might have had a lap or two at the beginning but I could be wrong.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 03:16 (Ref:3155166)   #253
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy View Post
Anyone know exactly how many of the 394 laps Rebellion led? I think Muscle Milk might have had a lap or two at the beginning but I could be wrong.
According to the provisional results:

#12 1-34
#6 35-48
#12 49-394

So 380 for #12 and 14 for #6

http://www.alms.com/sites/default/fi...ial%20Race.pdf

Last edited by Duff_44; 21 Oct 2012 at 03:16. Reason: Forgot the fricking link... again
Old 21 Oct 2012, 04:37 (Ref:3155192)   #254
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Conquest excluded?
Old 21 Oct 2012, 06:25 (Ref:3155240)   #255
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
A few photos from the festivities...

http://www.lasersol.com/CyberMotor/p.../plm_2012.html
Old 21 Oct 2012, 07:42 (Ref:3155271)   #256
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah Conquest excluded for exceeding maximum driver time I believe.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 09:10 (Ref:3155302)   #257
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Absolute catalogue of errors for Conquest this season. So much potential, but needs to be reined in somewhat.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 09:22 (Ref:3155303)   #258
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Congratulations Ferrari and Extreme Speed!!!
Ultimate Vodka silver Ferrari forever!!!
No more green and black car.
Yeah , with your special team BoP ..... well done indeed !!!
Old 21 Oct 2012, 09:25 (Ref:3155306)   #259
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Yeah Conquest excluded for exceeding maximum driver time I believe.
Well , that takes the pressure off Plowman for his mistake then !!!
Old 21 Oct 2012, 09:26 (Ref:3155307)   #260
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Absolute catalogue of errors for Conquest this season. So much potential, but needs to be reined in somewhat.
For a first season , I think they did very well indeed . Lets put it down to a learning curve for 2013 , when they return hammer & thongs .
Old 21 Oct 2012, 09:34 (Ref:3155311)   #261
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Yeah , with your special team BoP ..... well done indeed !!!
Damn straight!
Old 21 Oct 2012, 09:45 (Ref:3155315)   #262
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, not the most satisfying PLM I've seen, not by a long chalk. Sorely missed the P1 manufacturer presence of years past, which left what was probably the tamest battle (run) for the overall in PLM history. Delighted for Rebellion, but.....

Sadly, for me, whilst interesting, P2 and GTE also failed to deliver what could have been. The ingredients were all there, but.....
Old 21 Oct 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3155316)   #263
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's true James. The prestige was missing and it began to drag. Compared to usual Petits where you don't want it to end.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3155322)   #264
The Badger
Veteran

Well , once the P1 battle faltered with MMPR going out , that kinda did it for me .

Rebellion had a great reliability test run to win , well done to them no less . But hardly a race either .

Lizards in the crapper again ..... rapidly lost interest .

Murphy retireing , final drum roll ............

P2 was ruined by that Level 5 penalty of 145 seconds , along with 100 seconds pit lane time ..... Plowman screwed up big time , but that car has now been excluded for breaching the driver limit time , whew , bet he was happy !!!

GTE was a bit of a crapper ..... Lizards down the order , ESM with their special restrictor , pole and win , yeah right . Delighted to see that the Viper set a 1:19 and led the race for a decent few laps ..... and the attitude from Kendall's interview was positive , saying that this project wouldnt stop until Viper stood on top of the podium again .

People say GTE is dead ..... gimme a break .

GTC was awful to see AJR effort disolve after such a good run . Hornets were beaten off again , interview with Faulkner said as much .

LMPC , not sure exactly what happened there ,but there seemed to be some decent action in that camp ?

Yeah , not a great PLM , with Rebellion doing a good impression of John Wayne !!!
Old 21 Oct 2012, 14:00 (Ref:3155420)   #265
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the #45 did a good job considering they did the last 5 hours of the race with a broken damper and then 7 laps from the end the subframe broke.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 14:36 (Ref:3155433)   #266
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
I thought the #45 did a good job considering they did the last 5 hours of the race with a broken damper and then 7 laps from the end the subframe broke.
This was pretty much a year they will want to forget.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 16:51 (Ref:3155466)   #267
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
A few photos from the festivities...

http://www.lasersol.com/CyberMotor/p.../plm_2012.html
Thanks for sharing, made me almost feel like I was there!

How was the crowd this year compared to previous events?
Old 21 Oct 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3155497)   #268
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crowd was healthy but maybe 2/3 of last year's if that much. Losing the Euro factories really hurt attendance.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 18:13 (Ref:3155501)   #269
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The place was still pretty slammed when looking at the actual places where you can view the course, but certainly a noticeable drop in people. It was one of the most chilly PLMs I have attended.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 19:52 (Ref:3155537)   #270
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the thing that ****ed me off the most was that the scoring light system on the cars didn't function all day.
It's hard to follow when you're moving all around the track and can't hear the PA system all the time.
To me that was a HUGE FAIL.

Definitely less people this year than last, but it was still a fun 4 days.

Totally gangster move by Rebellion. swap engine/tranny, toss car and crew in a plane and win it.
Congrats to them.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 20:02 (Ref:3155545)   #271
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Conquest excluded?
Exceded driver time limit .
Old 21 Oct 2012, 20:34 (Ref:3155566)   #272
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
the thing that ****ed me off the most was that the scoring light system on the cars didn't function all day.
It's hard to follow when you're moving all around the track and can't hear the PA system all the time.
To me that was a HUGE FAIL.

Definitely less people this year than last, but it was still a fun 4 days.

Totally gangster move by Rebellion. swap engine/tranny, toss car and crew in a plane and win it.
Congrats to them.
Those lights haven't been working properly all season for the ALMS cars. The problem has something to do with the supplier. I remember Hindy talking about it during the race.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 21:23 (Ref:3155588)   #273
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Heard the same thing myself, sounded the supplier and the ALMS couldn't come to an agreement this year. But a good local FM radio is crucial and thy are cheap, think mine was 25 bucks at best buy, earbuds and earmuffs make the package perfect.

Having no Audi or Toyota there didn't make the cars that were there any less impressive, watching the Rebellion and Muscle Milk guys take turn 1 with the barest of lifts is as impressive as anything I'd seen from either Audi or Pug.
Was standing just up from turn 1 for Luhr's attempt on the Green Hornet and it was risky at best. Only caught the end but there were some impressive hits with the wall and thought they were done when I first saw it. Great job to them to get it back out on track and win the championship.

Definitely were some cold early mornings and with it the same week next year I think bigger jacket and good sleeping bag are a must.

Thanks to the Falken team for running a second tour and confirming to me not only was I not destined to be a driver, I'm probably too big to be a crew member if I had to work in the hauler. But then carrying enough stuff to test or rebuild about everything in the car doesn't leave much room for crew space and makes a better race for us fans.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 21:48 (Ref:3155601)   #274
PlatoNato
Rookie

PlatoNato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Crowd was healthy but maybe 2/3 of last year's if that much. Losing the Euro factories really hurt attendance.
Infield looked as full as ever but trackside attendance wasn't as dense as previous years.

Atherton talked about Petit Le Mans staying as Petit Le Mans in the coming years, I think this race needs special attention or it could lose it's significance once Daytona and Sebring are part of the same series. You can write off one poor year but I'm not instilled with confidence when next years race is on the same weekend as Fuji. I can't see how they couldn't avoid that given the ALMS is only running 10 rounds.

Reading around it seems the race didn't hold many peoples attention, it was background noise in our household which was dissapointing as previous years you couldn't take your eyes off it.
Old 21 Oct 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3155608)   #275
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah the WEC seemed seemed to go out of its way to get month long gaps in next year's schedule so their teams could run Sebring and PLM if they wanted.

But Dr. Don has to do his part too. That includes not running Petit the same weekend as WEC is in Fuji.