Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Aug 2007, 00:09 (Ref:1991615)   #1
Kyle Tilley
Rookie

Kyle Tilley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Swinging Sixties

Hi all my 1st post on here, my Dad and I recently bought an MG B, currently looking at championships to enter it in. The Swinging Sixties one has caught our eye, but in the regs available off the site it doesn't really say what you can and cant do - anyone on here able to clarify this or let me know what their running?

Ta

Kyle
Old 19 Aug 2007, 06:53 (Ref:1991748)   #2
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hi Kyle, good to see you here - so your Dad couldn't resist it then? I'll find what I've got and drop it over to the Wheelers one Wednesday, but others on here will know better than me.

Max
Old 19 Aug 2007, 07:08 (Ref:1991753)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
most regs say

If its not written here, assume you can't do it

99% of people do what they want and argue the toss later, IF they ever get rumbled !!!
Old 19 Aug 2007, 07:59 (Ref:1991772)   #4
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
at the risk of sounding like a scratched record if its a pre 65 one I would suggest building it to FIA spec - might cost little more in the short run but opens the door to a lot more in the long run. Terence Bower should be able to steer you pretty well as to what you can and cant do
Old 19 Aug 2007, 10:59 (Ref:1991899)   #5
Kyle Tilley
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman
Hi Kyle, good to see you here - so your Dad couldn't resist it then? I'll find what I've got and drop it over to the Wheelers one Wednesday, but others on here will know better than me.

Max
Hi Max, no Dad couldn't resist it - not sure Mum's too happy about it though

It's a standard class car that was built for the Cockshoot championship - ideally we wanted to keep it as it is for a little while at least.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 11:48 (Ref:1991935)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What a coincidence, my Dad and I (!) have also recently bought an MGB (!), used to be a Cockshoot car (!), and are thinking of doing the Swinging Sixties(!). In fact we are thinking of entering the race at Silverstone in September.

My main concern was what tyres were eligible for the Swinging Sixties. Lots of slicks came with the car...

Kyle, where did you get the car from?
Old 19 Aug 2007, 11:55 (Ref:1991938)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
There aren't many regulations which is probably what makes it a very popular series. The regs can be found here.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 13:21 (Ref:1992009)   #8
Kyle Tilley
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
There aren't many regulations which is probably what makes it a very popular series. The regs can be found here.
Those are the regs which we have - only reason we queried about the engines was because it says "cars must maintain their original engine type" - which makes it sound like pretty much anything goes within the class sizes
Old 19 Aug 2007, 13:26 (Ref:1992015)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Tilley
Those are the regs which we have - only reason we queried about the engines was because it says "cars must maintain their original engine type" - which makes it sound like pretty much anything goes within the class sizes
Yep, that's about it, like I said it's what makes it so popular. I'm sure Torquewench will be along at some point to give you some more info.
Old 19 Aug 2007, 18:44 (Ref:1992178)   #10
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Terence will supply you with a 2 lt engine (but don't tell anyone)
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Aug 2007, 21:42 (Ref:1992325)   #11
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Highly recommend the Swinging Sixties Series. Great club, very friendly (both organisers & drivers) and sensible driving - no banger racing!!

Rules are pretty open so some cars are fairly highly modded but as long as you realise that when you enter you can't complain later. However, not all cars are,there are also some FIA spec cars and some very standard.

Why not come along to Silverstone on Saturday and see for yourself.
Old 20 Aug 2007, 05:44 (Ref:1992476)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER
Terence will supply you with a 2 lt engine (but don't tell anyone)
Oye,I heard that!!
Old 20 Aug 2007, 06:38 (Ref:1992494)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead
Highly recommend the Swinging Sixties Series. Great club, very friendly (both organisers & drivers) and sensible driving - no banger racing!!

Rules are pretty open so some cars are fairly highly modded but as long as you realise that when you enter you can't complain later. However, not all cars are,there are also some FIA spec cars and some very standard.

Why not come along to Silverstone on Saturday and see for yourself.
I,ll go along with that.It is probably one of the best series in the UK for these cars.The fairness of the reg,s should be very attractive to the Likes of MGBs etc:I like the section that States"1950s onwards",so doe,s that mean that MGBs can run 2.1Ltr?
Old 20 Aug 2007, 09:07 (Ref:1992568)   #14
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
I,ll go along with that.It is probably one of the best series in the UK for these cars.The fairness of the reg,s should be very attractive to the Likes of MGBs etc:I like the section that States"1950s onwards",so doe,s that mean that MGBs can run 2.1Ltr?
one for your stroker cranks!!!!!
Old 20 Aug 2007, 16:30 (Ref:1992893)   #15
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Not you as well,
Old 21 Aug 2007, 06:59 (Ref:1993290)   #16
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Not you as well,
theu told me its a dutch habbit
Old 21 Aug 2007, 07:14 (Ref:1993298)   #17
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
theu told me its a dutch habbit

That explains a lot.
Old 21 Aug 2007, 16:00 (Ref:1993754)   #18
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Correction to my previous post - Swinging Sixties Race is on Sunday
Old 22 Aug 2007, 17:09 (Ref:1994618)   #19
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Evening all - yes the S60s race is on Sunday, quali late morning and race around 3.45pm. We will also have some european guests, with whom we will be doing the Spa and Nurb-Nordschleife races as well, so Sat night dinner in the Green Man will be fun!

We like to be inclusive, so an MGB would be perfect, rules are simple - this means no-one can cheat (!) and no protests. You can race with Clubs with a lot of rules - and they are policed - but we are a small Club and prefer to enjoy the racing, rather than looking at jet sizes, weights etc!

The engine rules are that if it came with carbs, you can't change to injection basically. The bodywork rules are that it shouldn't have silly wing extensions and wide tyres underneath, or air dams etc.

Improving things like air to discs, (or even driver!), stripping out trim etc are all allowed. You can do one round without registering (£65 pa); but you must be a Club member (£30pa) and so must your co-driver.

After the International meeting this weekend (which is actually being jointly run by the BRSCC rather than our own meeting) there will be a final UK round on the National circuit for the Tin Tops, Future Classics and Formula Free, while the pre-81 cars are at the Nordschleife, on 22/23 September. You could enter the Future Classics as this will be a Team race for 1 or 2 drivers and 21 or 2 cars, 30 min quali and 40 min race.

There is a Dad/daughter sharing a Spitfire, and two brothers have been with us in another mGB, as well as lots of ther family teams and friends sharing, and 3 members of my own family getting on track in the same race!

Look forward to seeing you there - do come and have a chat. Lancia Beta # 34 in the garages, and go upstairs to meet Richard and John as well, or talk to anyone in the garages - they're very friendly!

Old 26 Aug 2007, 10:45 (Ref:1996716)   #20
Kyle Tilley
Rookie

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies. Unfortunatly we cant make it to Silverstoneoday as we're off to Oulton tomorrow for the Gold Cup .
Just re-read all the posts and found Adam's one - yes that is a bit of a strange coincidence! The car is coming from John Hewitt, all paid for now just needs collecting! Which means i should probably hurry up and clear the garage
Old 18 Aug 2008, 20:15 (Ref:2271169)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Which Hewitt car have you bought? I wonder if it was the one that I saw when we picked up ours? I believe John was in the swinging sixties race at Oulton. We weren't there, work is rather taking over my life at the moment, but are out at Cadwell.

That reminds me, I should ring John to let him know all went well at Anglesey.
Old 18 Aug 2008, 20:58 (Ref:2271197)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Which Hewitt car have you bought? I wonder if it was the one that I saw when we picked up ours? I believe John was in the swinging sixties race at Oulton. We weren't there, work is rather taking over my life at the moment, but are out at Cadwell.

That reminds me, I should ring John to let him know all went well at Anglesey.

Work has taken over-------------for a year!!!
Old 18 Aug 2008, 21:36 (Ref:2271206)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Pretty much, yes!

Although we've done a few meetings, when the car has been running!