Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 3 Feb 2002, 16:25 (Ref:209666)   #1
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Favourite Sports Car GT downloaded cars

I'm into touring cars, so my favourite is Matt Neal's ESTC Nissan Primera, and Rickard Rydell's BTCC Volvo S40.

Whats yours?

BTW, anyone know of good touring car downloads?
Old 3 Feb 2002, 16:53 (Ref:209694)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For me its the 1997 Gulf Davidoff McLaren F1s. I just love the look of that car and that f1gtr.wav is a fantastic sound!

There are a lot of touring car zips around, Hobson, but I tend to just bookmark any site with files for download.

I can make up a full list of those I've found - if anyone wants them?

By the way, has anyone out there tried to download some of the (seemingly) superb cars at

http://www.speedsims.com

?

Every time I try, I get a partial download, about 4kbs - yes, very small! It leaves me with with a tiny zip file which is useless. I'm obviously doing something wrong. They've got some great cars there, and I want the Blower Bentley!!

Hey Matt - you out there - why can't I get any of these to download?
Old 3 Feb 2002, 17:00 (Ref:209696)   #3
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My faves have to be Toyota Gt-One, the Bentley and Porsche 917, still looking for a good Corvette C5-R, that won't crash. Check out the attached sight, everything you could ever want.
http://www.mofnet.co.uk/v2/welcomepage.asp
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 4 Feb 2002, 00:21 (Ref:209912)   #5
Matt Lucas
Racer

Matt Lucas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speedsims doesn't like down load accelerators for some reason, so if you are using Gozilla or similar it might cause this. I have to admit to rarely downloading cars but I am pretty partial to the TVR Tuscan.

Matt
Old 4 Feb 2002, 13:38 (Ref:210127)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Lucas
Speedsims doesn't like down load accelerators for some reason, so if you are using Gozilla or similar it might cause this. I have to admit to rarely downloading cars but I am pretty partial to the TVR Tuscan.

Matt
I guessed as much - I always use DAP (I think it's better than Gozilla - having tried them both). Having said this, I've also tried the standard "right click - save target as" with no more success. I assume you don't have to be registered and logged in to download there?

(If anyone has managed to download some of Neil Bainbridge's old Le Mans cars and would be prepared to e-mail me a zip or two, I would appreciate it. PM me if you can).
Old 5 Feb 2002, 00:48 (Ref:210454)   #7
Matt Lucas
Racer

Which ones do you want?
Old 5 Feb 2002, 13:45 (Ref:210616)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Lucas
Which ones do you want?
Particularly the Blower Bentley for a start. I also want the 2001 MGs which are on StuartAms site but can't be downloaded yet. There are loads of other great cars hosted on Speedsims, but I'll have to let you have a list later as I'm at work at the moment with limited time!!
Old 7 Feb 2002, 13:26 (Ref:211599)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm pleased to say I've now sorted my Speedsims download problem. You were right of course, Matt, Speedsims seems to take a dislike to download managers (anyone know why?). Having disabled my DAP I have now downloaded my Bentley, together with the Aston Martin Le Mans, Bugatti T51, Le Mans Lagonda and, of course, the two LMP675 MG's from last year's Le Mans.

Best of all though, I downloaded a blank white painted Porsche 917 langheck and then took it on the Le Mans circuit, complete with Porboy's 917 dash. My first experience of the 917 on the new Le Mans circuit - and the result? Absolutely sensational!!

I'm using the blank white car as I have a hankering to customise the paintwork myself. I've got some of the utilities I downloaded months ago when I was tinkering with a blank F1GTR.

By the way, with a fully maxxed Broadspeed Courage C60 (a nice model) I've now done a ridiculous 2m54s. Top speed on the straight was 244 mph, but the 917 was managing about 230.

So if anyone wants to source some good cars for SCGT, you need to visit Speedsims with your download manager turned off!

PS. There are some nice touring cars there as well, Hobson.
Old 8 Feb 2002, 01:46 (Ref:212097)   #10
F1FAN
Rookie

F1FAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Favourite Sports Car GT downloaded cars

Here is my favorite of all time!
Attached Images

Old 8 Feb 2002, 03:30 (Ref:212127)   #11
Matt Lucas
Racer

The Pilot F40 is available somewhere - try Mofnet?

Didn't notice the 1967 field in the list of links above - http://www.sportplanet.com/gpl/html/...cgtlegends.htm

There are 6 Ferrari 330P's, 2 Chaparal 2F's, 7 GT40 MkII and MkIV's, a couple of Lola T70's and the two Gulf Mirage M1's. All are very easy on the frame rate and worth the down load. There is also a simple patch there to remove the original GTQ cars and use these instead

Matt
Old 8 Feb 2002, 13:55 (Ref:212290)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't think the Pilot F40 is on Mofnet - unless I missed it.

But what a link! Thanks for that, Matt, just the sort of think I'm looking for (if I can tear myself away from my now-beloved 917!!).

Old 10 Feb 2002, 01:49 (Ref:213480)   #13
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't install the cars! And it really annonys me. I've download them, installed them etc - but when I go in the game...there are NO new cars. Why?
Old 10 Feb 2002, 02:31 (Ref:213489)   #14
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Ah! Thank god. I've FINALLY figured out how to do it - I dunno what was wrong before, but I just had another go and it worked...after months of trying - yippee!!!
Old 10 Feb 2002, 12:44 (Ref:213671)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
My SCGT has just crashed - fatally I think. Never mind, everything is backed up so a clean install won't hurt. (I was trying to add the new Le Mans loading screens at the time).

I reckon I've downloaded something like 300-400 cars over the last 15 months. Including 26 Porsche 917's.
Old 10 Feb 2002, 22:38 (Ref:213812)   #16
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Favourite Sports Car GT downloaded cars

I think the Elford/Ahrens Salzburg 917lh from 1970 is, so far, the most well done 917. The driver figure really adds to the car's looks as do the full feature wheels with brake disc and tire lettering. And it's a cool car anyway. But, most of you already knew my favorite was going to be a 917.
Attached Thumbnails
hockenheim  24.jpg  
Old 14 Feb 2002, 22:33 (Ref:216154)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
In terms of apparent accuracy, Doc, I agree with you. Some of those 917's are simply magnificent. I also really like some of the McLaren F1's - the 97 Gulf cars (by the Japanese guy whose name I can never remember!) are also fantastic. But if you max them out and blast them down the chicane-less Mulsanne, the jump and fly all over the place. I did a Webber this evening and ended up in the armco!

Has anyone tried the new LMP675 MG's? High poly or what!! They are also bloody slow, only about 170-180 on the Mulsanne. I was trying out Nissan R390's this evening (hence my picture post on the "outrageous screengrab" thread - 260 mph on the Mulsanne!!
Old 14 Feb 2002, 23:48 (Ref:216203)   #18
choked_wasp
Racer

choked_wasp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You should go to Speedsims and checkout what times we are doing in the GSCC league using the GSCC veh's. I am doing 275 mph down the mulsanne (with chicanes) and lap times in the 2:56-57's. Not very realistic, but very fun.
Old 15 Feb 2002, 10:50 (Ref:216371)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's funny how unstable some of these cars are when maxxed out and at full chat. Particularly the McLarens and the Nissans.

Matt mentioned Mofnet a few posts back - have you tried their strange e-mail download arrangement? There are so many great cars there! I went there the other night and thought I'd made arrangements to receive several cars, but they've never arrived. Anyone else had the same problem?
Old 16 Feb 2002, 05:36 (Ref:216968)   #20
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Well, I've been playing this great game for a week or two now, and as far as best cars go...well, I just can't go past the Volvo 850 estate...
Attached Thumbnails
850estate.jpg  
Old 16 Feb 2002, 05:41 (Ref:216970)   #21
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Another one...
Attached Thumbnails
850estate1.jpg  
Old 16 Feb 2002, 14:27 (Ref:217151)   #22
Blue2
Rookie

Blue2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They say boxy is the new sleek.
Old 16 Feb 2002, 14:48 (Ref:217161)   #23
Matt Lucas
Racer

Mofnet takes a day at least and sometimes longer, but they do come eventually.

Matt
Old 16 Feb 2002, 16:33 (Ref:217206)   #24
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey DNQ, nice crash damage!
Proves that its a Volvo, its been bumped and it still runs! I bet the other car is a write-off!
Old 16 Feb 2002, 17:33 (Ref:217241)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Talking of crash damage.........

Last edited by Aysedasi; 13 Mar 2010 at 20:44.