Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 28 Dec 2009, 09:28 (Ref:2605583)   #26
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We have been talking about watching Ronnie driving through the old Woodcote flat!!! on our FF2000 forum. I was there and like lots of fans mesmerized but there was one other F1 driver also flat out through the corner. Can you name him please. Well done Eddy and Terrance.
Old 28 Dec 2009, 09:50 (Ref:2605592)   #27
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rossberg? Thankyou Comte,at least I now know the odd one at Anglesey.
Old 28 Dec 2009, 12:10 (Ref:2605633)   #28
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
We have been talking about watching Ronnie driving through the old Woodcote flat!!! on our FF2000 forum. I was there and like lots of fans mesmerized but there was one other F1 driver also flat out through the corner. Can you name him please. Well done Eddy and Terrance.
Which year/period do you have in mind?

I think Jody Scheckter tried it in 1973 ...
Old 28 Dec 2009, 14:45 (Ref:2605677)   #29
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
1971 Sorry.
Old 28 Dec 2009, 14:46 (Ref:2605678)   #30
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
2 wrong answers
Old 28 Dec 2009, 19:44 (Ref:2605768)   #31
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I won something.

To be opened at Spa, or Brands, or wherever.

Ooh, I'm ready for the next quiz now.
Old 29 Dec 2009, 08:13 (Ref:2605872)   #32
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pedro Rodriguez in the BRM at the International Trophy meeting was quick through Woodcote. Seem to remember that he died te week before the GP that year.
Old 31 Dec 2009, 18:48 (Ref:2606879)   #33
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
For those of you interested it was Sir Jackie Stewart
Old 31 Dec 2009, 20:54 (Ref:2606906)   #34
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
For those of you interested it was Sir Jackie Stewart
You know I was going to suggest that - I think I read his comment to that effect in a very ancient Doug Nye book that I have in my library -- somewhere. However I thought I would check, wondered where the book might be and then promptly forgot. Doh!

FWIW a few years later I spent a chilly March afternoon (maybe very early April?) standing alongside the proper Silverstone track just after the Bridge before Woodcote with a speed measuring device. The spot was chosen as it was likely to be the max speed point for an F1 car on the circuit (or at least the one that was nearest to the pits) on the day. Typically the passing speed was between 170 and 175mph iirc. That's some speed at which to take the old Woodcote.
Old 1 Jan 2010, 10:20 (Ref:2607006)   #35
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ok, I'm doing my 'New broom, sweeps clean' act today, even though there is nothing 'new' about me at all. This thread will be 'going, going, gone' very soon!