Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Nov 2009, 21:53 (Ref:2581055)   #51
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I have a pair of race prepped Scimitars round the corner in the village. I suspect they're more for sprinting than racing, but wouldn't take much. Though the Gulf coloured one seemed to have lamp post rash last time I saw it!
Old 13 Nov 2009, 07:11 (Ref:2581221)   #52
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone remember the Bev Faulks car with the GAA lump in it?.Bev only used it for sprints.
Old 13 Nov 2009, 08:26 (Ref:2581240)   #53
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Though the Gulf coloured one seemed to have lamp post rash last time I saw it!
Compleltely OT, just the lamp post rash, one way of describing a restored TR, you know all chrome and polish at the NEC yesterday [12th November] have not a clue as to what took place, probably being delivered for exhibition at the Classic car show, and..... well stuffed in my book of descriptive phrases.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 19:52 (Ref:2583067)   #54
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by banbury View Post
I quite fancy this.

I race an Alfetta GTV in HSCC 70s` Roadsports and rather fancy the idea of some longer races.

I know the rules are somewhat more "Liberal" than I am used to,but it should still be fun.

Hopefully some of the other cars may join me as well.
Yay...come and join us...once you've stopped that engine smoking! As I've said in the CSCC forum, I'm toying with the idea of building a Sud Sprint that I've just rescued into a race car, rather than the Porsche.....as I make my living out of Alfas, I should.......
Old 16 Nov 2009, 20:00 (Ref:2583075)   #55
banbury
Rookie

banbury should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should have stopped smoking for next season.

New rings and mains should do it,a "Martini" or "Marlborough" paint scheme as well(That should make it faster)
Old 16 Nov 2009, 20:02 (Ref:2583077)   #56
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by banbury View Post
a "Martini" or "Marlborough" paint scheme as well(That should make it faster)
No doubt at all
Old 19 Nov 2009, 21:30 (Ref:2585356)   #57
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Agreed Zef. I owned and ran Sabres, Scimitars and GTEs for 20 years. Never had one catch fire, myself. The fire problem, IIRC was primarily an issue with the carburettor and was only more of a problem for Scimitars than the Ford donor car because of the propensity to catch fire quicker than a steel bodied car. It's true that residual values are low but the survival rate is higher than you might think and the RSSOC is very active in ensuring their preservation. Sure, I later converted to old BMWs, as they are better screwed together, but they sure as hell rust and have cost me a lot more to run than my old GTEs did. The latter was a hand built car, a trendsetter copied by number of major manufacturers, is still an elegant and unusual looking car and deserves a respectful place in our motoring heritage, as far as I'm concerned.
I couldn't agree more John, to the extent that I have bought two this year, and my wee son has bought a V8 one and my Son in law (prospective) has bought one and my bro has bought one. As a classic car, in fact as a tax exempt classic car I dont know anything better.
Old 4 Jan 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2608090)   #58
scimmie
Rookie

United Kingdom
West Midlands
scimmie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Anyone remember the Bev Faulks car with the GAA lump in it?.Bev only used it for sprints.
Indeed, awesome Scimitar called Blue Thunder!!

I never saw it in action personally as I joined the Scimitar club just after Bev had left the scene. I do have some awesome clips of it though which I uploaded to youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY5_T59MceY

You'll have to forgive the music on this clip!! It wasn't my choice honest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGAd52NCyFA

I would love to see any other pictures of it that peopla may have taken at various events!!

Bev still has the car, but it no longer has the GAA engine. It's now fitted with a twin turbo Cosworth FBA/C hybrid engine.

Cheers

Dave Poole of www.sporting-reliants.com
Old 5 Jan 2010, 10:19 (Ref:2608334)   #59
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
you missed this one off . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhP-xPlaqYw

Old 5 Jan 2010, 10:29 (Ref:2608341)   #60
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And Scimiter's still are not eligible for "Super 70". "Future Classics" only, & nothing wrong with that; it's just not the point of this thread.
Old 5 Jan 2010, 10:53 (Ref:2608352)   #61
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I never knew that Sonny built the car for Bev.Interesting 'Sweeny' clip on the last youtube video,the Granada is currently owned by someone over in darkest Bedfordshire.