Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 17 Apr 2010, 13:31 (Ref:2674245)   #26
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM! View Post
Not heard anything regarding noise and Tockwith.

Looking forward to Nutts Corner next weekend though. At least everyone is sailing over so no volcano to worry about.

After the disappointment of Mallory Park, Nutts Corner is 100% on - two days of rallycross, can't wait!
You should have gone to the Lydden weekend to get your fix!
Any news on the entry yet? Whos making the crossing?
Old 17 Apr 2010, 14:01 (Ref:2674255)   #27
GM!
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
GM! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry BB, you'll have to take up the issue of planning with the various organisors.

Couldn't make the Lydden weekend as I was over in Holland sampling a fair bit of the Leffe, so I did magage to get a fix! We did think of calling in as we drove to Dover early on the Saturday morning but didn't think Mr Watson and the Jersey Farm team would appreciate being woken up at that time after a night on the town.

I expect the entry list will be out soon.
Old 17 Apr 2010, 15:22 (Ref:2674304)   #28
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's ok GM im off to knockhill for the BRC,i only do the BRC.

BB....
Old 18 Apr 2010, 18:07 (Ref:2675128)   #29
GM!
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
No probs BB, here's to some great rallycross action wherever.

Just seen some news filtering through regards Nutts Corner on the web site - www.rallycrossopen.com

Spoke to Mad Mark re. the 5th gear problems he had at Lydden. Traced to a broken fork, Bardy repairing at the moment then car is ready to go for Nutts Corner. He's looking to take the Northern Ireland championship plus make a good start to the Fuchs Lubricants Rallycross Open Championship, so fingers crossed - www.rallycrossopen.com/images/2010welcome.jpg
Old 19 Apr 2010, 07:22 (Ref:2675566)   #30
GM!
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
Any news on the entry yet? Whos making the crossing?
Hear confirmed that ex Moto GP star Jeremy McWilliams will be racing at Nutts Corner in Procar along with Cool FM radio presenter Paul Kennedy.
Old 19 Apr 2010, 07:59 (Ref:2675584)   #31
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MESHGA View Post
Is it right that there could be an noise issue regarding Rallycross being held at Tockwith?
Hopefully not, but there is a bungalow virtually on top of the circuit and a housing estate on the other side of the airfield. I suspect it will be screeching tyres that will be the biggest problem, that was one of the main problems Elvington had with it's various track days and testing sessions. Don't know whether the bungalow belongs to the owners, hopefully they thought of all these things before getting the circuit up and running. Surely any nearby residents could put up with a couple of Sundays racing, not like it's every week.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2676718)   #32
MESHGA
Racer

MESHGA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seams that the locals are very wary that its a replacement for Croft according to a parish council extraordinary meeting held recently!!!
Its a shame if it gets stopped Maybe Yet another venue stopped by noise!

Croft is a bench mark for the country it seams now

Take a look at Bilton in Ainsty with Bickton PC
Old 20 Apr 2010, 19:11 (Ref:2676816)   #33
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem is that it is almost every weekend, when we were there there was Karting going on and I am led to believe that happens most weekends then there is the testing etc. I too would love to see another venue, so fingers crossed.
Old 20 Apr 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2676895)   #34
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately with long established circuits having problems with local residents a new circuit is going to suffer even more,if its not noise it would be something else.
Its important for the sport that the area has a circuit, is there any chance rallycross could return to Croft next year with the BRC?
Old 21 Apr 2010, 12:27 (Ref:2677280)   #35
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
The karting has been there for donkeys of years and it's always been used for driver training and the skid pan. I remember going there about 20 years ago. The karting's much closer to the houses than the test/rallycross track and there's never been an issue with that as far as I'm aware. Shows how ill informed people can be, if the parish council bothered to do a bit of research it would be quite obvious to them that it is never going to get to the level of Croft and be hosting a full program of racing. BTCC or BSB there, I don't think so the circuit's no where near longer enough for a kick off and there is'nt the run off in places. Circuits don't do themselves any favours sometimes by constantly running track days on a weekend, I know they need the income but trackdays seem to be the cause of most conflict when these kind of things raise their head. Sounds like the various parties need to sit down and sort this out before some idiot Judge decides for them. Sorry, feeling a bit cynical today!

Last edited by AndyS; 21 Apr 2010 at 12:37.
Old 9 May 2010, 16:49 (Ref:2687342)   #36
GM!
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
Don't forget folks - The opening round of the 2010 Fuchs Lubricants Rallycross Open Championship from Nutts Corner is televised today (Sunday May 9th) on British Eurosport at 6pm. The programme is repeated on tomorrow (Monday May 10th) at 2pm on British Eurosport.

The TV schedule for round two of the Championship will be available within the next 7 days and will be published online at www.RallycrossOpen.com

Official DVD's from the opening two rounds of the Championship can also now be purchased online at the online shop section of www.RallycrossOpen.com

Enjoy
Old 10 May 2010, 12:07 (Ref:2687868)   #37
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the coverage, shame the grid was a bit thin but it didn't detract from the action in the majority of the classes. I suppose thats a sign of the times though with budgets being so tight.
Old 10 May 2010, 13:29 (Ref:2687946)   #38
furby
Rookie

England
leeds
furby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ive just rushed home from work to watch the open from nutts at 2pm and there is bloody live tennis on ! great ! does anybody know when its on again ?