Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 21 Mar 2010, 08:34 (Ref:2657077)   #1
Citroen Manic
Rookie

Citroen Manic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NEW RALLYCROSS OPEN CALENDAR

PSM Motorsport have announced a revised calendar for the Rallycross Open Championship

2010 Fuchs Lubricants Rallycross Open Championship Calendar
Round 1 Nutts Corner - April 24th
Round 2 Nutts Corner - April 25th
Round 3 Tockwith - July 4th
Round 4 Knockhill - August 1st
Round 5 Tockwith - August 29th
--- Rallycross Superprix Weekend – Knockhill - October 23rd and 24th
Round 6 Knockhill - October 23rd
Round 7 & Rallycross Superprix Knockhill - October 24th
Round 8 Mondello Park - November 21st

Fuchs Lubricants English Rallycross Masters - Tockwith - Sunday May 23rd (Non Championship event)

2010 Fuchs Lubricants Rallycross Open Championship Official Website – www.RallycrossOpen.com

I think this looks better than the original!!!!
Old 21 Mar 2010, 18:29 (Ref:2657326)   #2
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see another event at Tockwith. Do you think the Superprix at Knockhill will pull the numbers in? I like the track there but it always seems to have suffered with low entries in the past. Assume this is due to drivers not wanting to make the journey. Would Mallory have been a better choice?
Old 21 Mar 2010, 19:39 (Ref:2657365)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Superprix at Knockhill and numbers

In a word NO!!

UNless the foreign guys cna get ferry deals or appearance money, the oly reaosn they come these dyas is to rent out cars or sell them
Old 21 Mar 2010, 20:23 (Ref:2657402)   #4
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
I was thinking more of the Brits, days of large foriegn entries is gone. When at Croft the Superprix attracted a large Scandinavian entry (which seemed to be the majority of foreign drivers) due to ferry link from Norway to Newcastle, but this was knocked on the head in Aug 2008. If it still existed I'm sure a few more would still be coming over, particularly the Super National competitors (this was always the highlight for me). I know that Knockhill is easy access via ferry from N Ireland and a service from Zeebrugge runs to Rosyth, but still think Mallory would have been a better choice. Don't wish to sound negative as I'm not into running things down, so hopefully we'll be proved wrong and it'll be a success.
Old 21 Mar 2010, 22:19 (Ref:2657479)   #5
pugspeed
Rookie

United Kingdom
pugspeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like the British Rallycross Championship & the BTRDA is going to be overflowing with full grid at this rate ...... Why has Pembrey and Mallory been dropped wouldnt it be nice for the competitors to know "why" ......

And what was this email all about do the "certain individuals" get an apology from PSM motorsport for this email .... seems they were right.

The opening round of the Championship gets underway at Mallory Park on Sunday March 28th. Despite rumours circulated by certain individuals, we have received guarantees and assurances today in writing and by telephone from Mallory Park circuit Manager John Ward that all of the work has now been carried

Then 8 days later they send out this ....

Dear Driver,

The opening round of the 2010 Fuchs Lubricants Rallycross Open Championship scheduled to take place at Mallory Park on Sunday March 28th has been postponed due to unsatisfactory circuit conditions. A full press release will follow tomorrow.

All of the drivers that have entered for the event will be contacted personally by telephone within the next 48 hours.

Kind regards

Peter Stott

PSM Motorsport Ltd Director
2010 Fuchs Lubricants Rallycross Open Championship
www.RallycrossOpen.com
out and completed on the loose sections at the circuit and this will no longer be a problem at the venue.

Full press release just gives the new calender ...... no explanation why we have lost Pembrey and Mallory circuits.

Does anyone know anything?

Old 21 Mar 2010, 23:07 (Ref:2657513)   #6
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No events south of Tockwith? Rest in Scotland or 'overseas'? Sorry but this really doesn't appeal at all. I've been a fan of the Open in the past but I can't see much future for it in this format.
Old 21 Mar 2010, 23:20 (Ref:2657516)   #7
GM!
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
GM! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
pugspeed:- Both emails were issued according to the facts as they were known at the time. Have you read this thread? - http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...76#post2657076

Postponing an event unbalances things, so a revised calendar was needed. I actually think the new calendar is better overall for the Rallycross Open Championship. See the next Open Torque.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2657750)   #8
stuart107
Racer

England
Faversham
stuart107 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM! View Post
I actually think the new calendar is better overall for the Rallycross Open Championship.
Only if you live in the north.

The original venues were bad enough for the more southern based competitors, but this is now too much.

This now is truly a Northern Championship.!
Old 22 Mar 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2657787)   #9
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart107 View Post
Only if you live in the north.

The original venues were bad enough for the more southern based competitors, but this is now too much.

Very true, but the same could be said of the BRC being Southern based. I know it's going to Knockhill, but from where I am it's a minimum 4 hour drive. Mallory is well into the Midlands. Blyton in Lincs is the nearest at over 2 hours and probably only on the calander due to lack of Croft and Mondelo, so there is'nt really a Northern round in the BRC. I know there would be if Croft was available and I always enjoyed the BRC there and with the 2 ROC rounds there was plenty to go at. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind travelling to events but work and family commitments make it harder now.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2657836)   #10
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think it's a bit harsh to say it is Southern-based. It's going to Wales, Scotland, 2 circuits in the Midlands and would be going to Mondello but for their messing about with RX150s (as I understand it from a different topic). I think this year is the first year it can justifiably not be called a Southern championship.

It is a shame that circumstances have led to the ROC being a Northern championship. Seems to contradict its open to all policy.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 15:48 (Ref:2657878)   #11
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Didn't mean to sound harsh, not my intention. Should make clear I favour neither championship, just enjoy watching rallycross and the lack of BRC up here this year is disapointing and a bit frustrating. Appreciate that it was beyond their control and hopefully they'll be back soon.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2657902)   #12
chasing cars
Racer

chasing cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart107 View Post
Maybe this is how the open should be promoted,there is no disgrace in calling it the northern championship and may encourage more northern drivers to enter the sport.The superprix as a stand alone event would still appeal to a wider market and would still be their flagship event.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 16:29 (Ref:2657908)   #13
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
Maybe this is how the open should be promoted,there is no disgrace in calling it the northern championship and may encourage more northern drivers to enter the sport.The superprix as a stand alone event would still appeal to a wider market and would still be their flagship event.
Do you really want that? One championship for the North and the other for the South? What is this, the dark ages? Wake up, we're trying to unite the sport/country, not drive more dividing rods through it.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 17:44 (Ref:2657962)   #14
chasing cars
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Do you really want that? One championship for the North and the other for the South? What is this, the dark ages? Wake up, we're trying to unite the sport/country, not drive more dividing rods through it.
Wasnt quite the response i was expecting,welcome to ten-tenths i guess! No my point is the British championship is what it says it is & would remain so,the open is now basically a northern championship & maybe should be promoted as such.There is nothing more i would like than 1 championship but if we have to have 2 then lets make sure they have separate identities & the public understand them.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 17:56 (Ref:2657969)   #15
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing cars View Post
Wasnt quite the response i was expecting,welcome to ten-tenths i guess! No my point is the British championship is what it says it is & would remain so,the open is now basically a northern championship & maybe should be promoted as such.There is nothing more i would like than 1 championship but if we have to have 2 then lets make sure they have separate identities & the public understand them.
I possibly shouldn't have been so abrupt (I am still hungover from Saturday, so I apologise), but that was the fear when the ROC first came about that it would create a North/South divide, or at least make a lot of northern drivers less likely to join the BRC, and I think that is really damaging to the sport as a whole. This calendar does nothing to move away from that, whereas I think the BRC has tried hard this year to encompass as many areas as possible and will hopefully get Croft back in 2011 or maybe Tockwith will prove itself a worthy replacement. I think we all want to see one championship, but when you give a reason (in this case location) to select championships and add the geographical/financial demands on top of that, you are in real danger of dividing opinion and ultimately competitors even more.

I would say that the current seperating factors revolve around competitiveness of certain cars in more custom-built classes, incorporating older, or more specific vehicles and enabling those competitors to have a shot at winning. Whereas the BRC is perhaps (controversial) slightly higher quality but less diverse/accepting. It would be better to use this as an identidy and travel across the whole of the UK to get all competitors (and more crossover) in my opinion.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 18:08 (Ref:2657978)   #16
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
One championship would be far better, but until all parties are pulling in the same direction it's difficult. The BRC are making great strides to improve the show. Unless they can all move forward together I'd rather see both keep running. If anything the open has proved that there is great interest in the sport in the North. If there's a market for a Northern championship fine, but only if it's not fighting with the BRC. If it brings more out where's the harm, hopefully some would progress onto the full BRC and bolster the numbers there.

Last edited by AndyS; 22 Mar 2010 at 18:15.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2657981)   #17
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Just read Hickey's reply, must have come in while I was typing. I think that sums it up far better. For us newbies I think were probably going over old ground here, apologies.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 18:19 (Ref:2657983)   #18
chasing cars
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
One championship would be far better, but until all parties are pulling in the same direction it's difficult. The BRC are making great strides to improve the show. Unless they can all move forward together I'd rather see both keep running. If anything the open has proved that there is great interest in the sport in the North. If there's a market for a Northern championship fine, but only if it's not fighting with the BRC. If it brings more out where's the harm, hopefully some would progress onto the full BRC and bolster the numbers there.
You made the point so much better than i did!
Old 22 Mar 2010, 19:06 (Ref:2658018)   #19
daz2202
Racer

England
Canterbury
daz2202 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

here we go again !!!
Old 22 Mar 2010, 19:28 (Ref:2658033)   #20
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by daz2202 View Post

here we go again !!!
Yep Silly Season is upon us daz2202

Old 22 Mar 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2658108)   #21
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come on folks this is a discussion forum where people come to discuss rallycross stuff they are interested in. If you are not interested in it then fair enough but the poster put the schedule up inviting comment - that sometimes means you get comments you don't necessarily like.

About 90% of rallycross people I've spoken to would prefer one series or at least shared meetings so that the ROC can use Lydden and the BRC Tockwith. Okay maybe it isn't going to happen but there is no harm in saying that it would be a good idea. You never know, one day the opinion of drivers and fans may actually have an impact!
Old 22 Mar 2010, 20:52 (Ref:2658138)   #22
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Well said, this is just a discussion after all and one that everybody generally seems to be saying the same thing, which is we want to see the sport progress and thrive.
Old 17 Apr 2010, 07:31 (Ref:2674055)   #23
MESHGA
Racer

MESHGA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is it right that there could be an noise issue regarding Rallycross being held at Tockwith?
Old 17 Apr 2010, 11:32 (Ref:2674162)   #24
GM!
Rookie

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
GM! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not heard anything regarding noise and Tockwith.

Looking forward to Nutts Corner next weekend though. At least everyone is sailing over so no volcano to worry about.

After the disappointment of Mallory Park, Nutts Corner is 100% on - two days of rallycross, can't wait!
Old 17 Apr 2010, 13:21 (Ref:2674241)   #25
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's the same weekend as the BRC go to knockhill isnt it,thats good planning then.

BB....