Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Feb 2017, 02:04 (Ref:3711079)   #1476
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Supercars launches Super2

while its a dVS thing, the relevant bit for this thread is

Quote:
Super2 teams have been invited to enter wildcards for the Winton, Barbagallo, Hidden Valley and Queensland Raceway championship events.
and this which will intesrt some

Quote:
“We are also working on the formative stages of a Supercars Academy that will further drive the pathway for young talent progressing towards Supercars.”
Old 9 Feb 2017, 02:10 (Ref:3711082)   #1477
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
I think it is time for supercars to get some balls and take over this mess that LDM is. Take back the licenses if they can't run a competitive package.
That's just it, really.

Anybody else thinking of purchasing a REC, needs to have a very good reason to. They need to submit a strong business case for wanting one, that also shows they have the resources to service the REC, as well as proof of ongoing sustainability.

Yet, LDM have two, and pretty much operate on a round-by-round basis. If SC really wanted to, they could install somebody in the team to sort the finances out and make it viable again. But I guess when you bite the hand that feeds you by taking them to court, to keep said RECs, and then have the hide to hit them up for damages... what hope have you got?
Old 9 Feb 2017, 02:14 (Ref:3711084)   #1478
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
More #78 images, courtesy of the Cafe of Ads.

Old 9 Feb 2017, 02:26 (Ref:3711088)   #1479
scr
Rookie

Australia
Australia
scr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
That's just it, really.

Anybody else thinking of purchasing a REC, needs to have a very good reason to. They need to submit a strong business case for wanting one, that also shows they have the resources to service the REC, as well as proof of ongoing sustainability

Yet, LDM have two, and pretty much operate on a round-by-round basis. If SC really wanted to, they could install somebody in the team to sort the finances out and make it viable again. But I guess when you bite the hand that feeds you by taking them to court, to keep said RECs, and then have the hide to hit them up for damages... what hope have you got?
You hit the nail on the head in my eyes. They are making a mockery of the series. It is not the young drivers fault. Who wouldn't want to jump in and have a race against the best. Supercars set the super license rules and then break it straight away. Why have it in the first place? LDM need to be pulled into line or drop back to the development series and earn their licenses back.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 02:34 (Ref:3711091)   #1480
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by scr View Post
You hit the nail on the head in my eyes. They are making a mockery of the series. It is not the young drivers fault. Who wouldn't want to jump in and have a race against the best. Supercars set the super license rules and then break it straight away. Why have it in the first place? LDM need to be pulled into line or drop back to the development series and earn their licenses back.
What happens if Mr Rullo and/or Mr Chahda fail the 'tests' of their SuperLicence, maybe tear up some gear, or get in some noisy people's way? And CAMS revokes the provisional licences?

Would we see LDM taking CAMS to court citing restraint of trade...?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 Feb 2017, 02:35 (Ref:3711092)   #1481
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
More #78 images, courtesy of the Cafe of Ads.

Given that the works Nissans ran with Total oil signage at the B12H, supplier of Nissan Genuine Oils, its slightly odd that this red rocket continues to be branded with Castrol EDGE...
Old 9 Feb 2017, 02:39 (Ref:3711094)   #1482
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Chahda SuperLicence Refused By CAMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Link
CAMS Statement: Matt Chahda Superlicence

The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) has refused a dispensation for a Superlicence by Matt Chahda for the 2017 Supercars Championship season. This was communicated to his team yesterday afternoon.

In considering whether to grant the dispensation, CAMS is required to satisfy itself that there are exceptional circumstances to support a decision to waive the minimum requirements. CAMS has determined that there are no exceptional circumstances to support a decision to waive the minimum requirements. It is the opinion of CAMS that Matt Chahda has not demonstrated the necessary driving skill and competency to support the dispensation requested.

CAMS values the safety of competitors, officials and fans above all other considerations.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 02:41 (Ref:3711095)   #1483
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe compulsory hand back of REC if team finished last three consecutive years?

It will be interesting to see if CAMS follows through on any adverse outcomes from the review after each meeting.

If a similar rule was in place long ago would one G Seton have been parked after the Surfers ATCC around in '86? What about Lowndes after the Bathurst ATCC round in '96.

Of course if CAMS had simply applied the rules now they would not have opened Pandora's box.......
Old 9 Feb 2017, 02:43 (Ref:3711096)   #1484
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just read GTR's post.

Well done CAMS for following their rules.

See you in court?
Old 9 Feb 2017, 02:46 (Ref:3711097)   #1485
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Oh dear.

So why then, was he allowed to participate in the launch, which then kicked off several media releases stating that he was going to be on the grid?

Some backsides need to be kicked over this.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 02:50 (Ref:3711098)   #1486
Umai Naa
Veteran

There's no promotion or demotion model in the series, even if the REC itself is a franchise.

Realistically, there probably isn't a DVS, sorry Super2, outfit that could operate a REC proficiently. Unless perhaps SC subsidised it in it's first year, or something along those lines...
Old 9 Feb 2017, 03:06 (Ref:3711106)   #1487
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
SA Government's deal appears to be small.
Is that in reference to the lack of signage at the launch? They have a special one-off livery for Clipsal, with the Launch livery for the rest of the year I assume.

"The car will run one-off backing from SA Tourism at the Clipsal 500 Adelaide season opener from March 2-5."

From http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/02/09/...ercars-livery/
Old 9 Feb 2017, 03:11 (Ref:3711109)   #1488
Umai Naa
Veteran

It was my understanding that they were contributing significantly to the program as a whole.
Old 9 Feb 2017, 03:23 (Ref:3711111)   #1489
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
SA Government's deal appears to be small.
its also on the roof
Old 9 Feb 2017, 03:24 (Ref:3711112)   #1490
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Good thing that CAMS have stuck to the plan with this one. If I was running a team in the main game, I'd be a bit relieved that this guy wasn't out there to deliver a repeat of his Sandown efforts.

Giving dispensation to Mr Rulio is one thing and could be argued for / against but to do so for Mr Chadha after his Sandown head explosion (and seeming inability to accept afterwards that he'd stuffed up) would be one step too far IMHO.

He may well end up being a reasonable race driver but after that Sandown mess, he really needs to show a level of maturity and competency to jump into the main game.

Don't know how this didn't get sorted before the season launch - maybe it was a question of the deal coming together late and timelines not matching up?
Old 9 Feb 2017, 03:48 (Ref:3711115)   #1491
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
New LDM signing Chahda denied Superlicense

Warburton:
Quote:
“We need to review the Superlicense because there is self-interest and the points are way too skewed towards Formula 4.”
Old 9 Feb 2017, 03:51 (Ref:3711116)   #1492
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Just protecting the interests of a 0.57% shareholder of the Supercar Australia holding company..

...or providing appearance of that anyway
Old 9 Feb 2017, 04:13 (Ref:3711117)   #1493
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

The new Mega Energy colours are on display..
Old 9 Feb 2017, 04:13 (Ref:3711118)   #1494
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Just protecting the interests of a 0.57% shareholder of the Supercar Australia holding company..

...or providing appearance of that anyway
why 0.57%? surely its 2.69% (35%/26 x 2 RECS) (I will accept 28 recs, not sure how that is worked)
Old 9 Feb 2017, 04:23 (Ref:3711120)   #1495
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

The new Mega Energy colours are on display..
Really worked hard at positioning the drivers so that any photo shoot showed them all!
Old 9 Feb 2017, 04:33 (Ref:3711121)   #1496
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Really worked hard at positioning the drivers so that any photo shoot showed them all!
Will the fella with the cap still have perfect hair when he takes it off?
Old 9 Feb 2017, 05:00 (Ref:3711122)   #1497
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems Iike sengled have opted for another year now he was announced as "from sengled racing" during the press conference
Old 9 Feb 2017, 05:02 (Ref:3711123)   #1498
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
Seems Iike sengled have opted for another year now he was announced as "from sengled racing" during the press conference
whast the goss on the 2nd LDM seat? Im assuming andre now, but i have no real knowledge on it
Old 9 Feb 2017, 05:22 (Ref:3711124)   #1499
PS2244
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
PS2244 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
whast the goss on the 2nd LDM seat? Im assuming andre now, but i have no real knowledge on it
Likely Andre now with backing from plus fitness and repair management Australia i would say he's a 95% chance. I think some of Chahdas sponsors may stay on but that is unconfirmed as it seems that Matt will be doing DVS with LDM now seemingly. Only 2 other outsider chances which are Jack Le Brocq (very slim) and Aaren Russell (supposedly doing 4 wildcard rounds so also slim)
Old 9 Feb 2017, 06:01 (Ref:3711130)   #1500
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2244 View Post
Likely Andre now with backing from plus fitness and repair management Australia i would say he's a 95% chance. I think some of Chahdas sponsors may stay on but that is unconfirmed as it seems that Matt will be doing DVS with LDM now seemingly. Only 2 other outsider chances which are Jack Le Brocq (very slim) and Aaren Russell (supposedly doing 4 wildcard rounds so also slim)
You might have one thing right there, the rest is (incorrect) guessing.

A driver's sponsors very rarely want to stay on for another pilot. I notice for example that Mr Oaklands has been conspicuous by his absence on social media regarding his support. Will that support remain for whoever Plan C might offer up? When you read what he wanted to do, to support the young kid, it seems unlikely.

There are drivers around with partial budgets. The question is, can multiple drivers be used in a single entry across the year. There was a precedent set last year when Mr Russell escaped Erebus for the codrive in the enduros at LDM. In theory it shouldnt have been allowed to happen, Mr Russell nominated at the start of the season and all that. Lack of funding is not usually a force majeure condition.

If you had 3 blokes (or blokettes) with $500k in backing each, could they each drive 13 or 14 or 15 races each (including AGP & Enduros) and not upset the applecart?

There is a rule in F1 for example that a 2 car team can have no more than 4 pilots in a year, to hunt away selling rides across the year. Dont recall it in the VASA rulebook, yet the 2017 edition isnt up yet.

The 3 fellas I am thinking of all ran main game last season at some stage, and presumably each qualify for a SuperLicence