Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Dec 2017, 11:21 (Ref:3787597)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
CASTLE COMBE AUTUMN CLASSIC

Includes-

Jaguar Enthusiasts Club 'Norman Dewis Trophy' for pre '66 Jags.

GTSCC

FISCAR Inter-Marque race
Old 12 Jan 2018, 17:52 (Ref:3792327)   #2
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
GTSCC have now confirmed that their Pre 66 GT and Sportscar grid will be racing at the meeting.
Old 12 Jan 2018, 21:44 (Ref:3792357)   #3
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great news for the Autumn Classic , the GTSCC was , for me , the highlight of another excellent meeting in 2017 .
Old 19 Feb 2018, 09:23 (Ref:3802327)   #4
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Latest event confirmed for the Autumn Classic is the Terry Sanger Trophy for Pre '66 FIA Appendix K Saloons . Also on the programme will be a round of the HSCC Formula Junior championship .
Old 19 Feb 2018, 11:01 (Ref:3802349)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Latest event confirmed for the Autumn Classic is the Terry Sanger Trophy for Pre '66 FIA Appendix K Saloons . Also on the programme will be a round of the HSCC Formula Junior championship .
Any idea which organiser is doing the saloon race?

GTSCC have now given us their race lengths, and Combe will be 60 minutes again.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 16:00 (Ref:3802430)   #6
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
Re the Terry Sanger Trophy the latest news from Castle Combe suggests that the Autumn Classic organisers are organising the race themselves . In the latest bulletin today they mention that as there are now over a hundred eligible saloons in this country they are hoping to attract a grid of thirty cars . No mention of a specific organiser though .
Old 20 Sep 2018, 12:01 (Ref:3851577)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
Re the Terry Sanger Trophy the latest news from Castle Combe suggests that the Autumn Classic organisers are organising the race themselves . In the latest bulletin today they mention that as there are now over a hundred eligible saloons in this country they are hoping to attract a grid of thirty cars . No mention of a specific organiser though .
I’ve been sent an entry form for that race and as you mentioned earlier it’s for AppK Pre ‘66 touring cars on Dunlop L tyres. 15 minute Q and 20 minute race. Organiser is CCRC themselves.

GTSCC 60 minute race is late afternoon, with Q late morning. There is a timetable but can’t see on the website......
Old 20 Sep 2018, 19:08 (Ref:3851645)   #8
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
To complete the programme Mike , Autumn Classic regulars HSCC Formula Junior and VSCC Pre War Sports Cars feature and are joined by a Healeysport run race which will be run to the regulations of the old Austin Healey Club championship , meaning Austin Healey 100s and 3000s taking on the modified Sprites now taking part in MGCC Spridget championship . The race will be run in memory of Austin Healey guru Phil Broster .

Sadly no 500cc Formula Three race and the Aston Martin race has moved ( to Silverstone ? ) but it still looks a very attractive programme headed hopefully by another large GTSCC field .
Old 20 Sep 2018, 21:10 (Ref:3851655)   #9
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Timetable
Attached Thumbnails
CCClassic timetable.jpg  
Old 21 Sep 2018, 08:46 (Ref:3851743)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks for time table . I can’t read it . Can you re post please
Old 21 Sep 2018, 08:49 (Ref:3851744)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I only ask as I’ve got five juniors racing and I have entered my self .
Old 21 Sep 2018, 09:26 (Ref:3851751)   #12
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Iain, if you click on it (on a PC) it should get bigger - as the bishop said to the actress.

If you right click you should be offered a number of other options related to saving the file, printing and so on.

If that doesn't work for you just say and we can sort something. Not sure about your options via a mobile device.
Old 21 Sep 2018, 10:22 (Ref:3851760)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Works on my iPad as well. I’ll try and email a copy to young delta.....

Edit- email sent......

Last edited by Mike Bell; 21 Sep 2018 at 10:29.
Old 21 Sep 2018, 11:26 (Ref:3851772)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I’m at Brands with only my phone . Thanks anyway .
Old 21 Sep 2018, 11:29 (Ref:3851773)   #15
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I’ve emailed you a word document, so you should be able to expand it on your phone....
Old 21 Sep 2018, 11:32 (Ref:3851774)   #16
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This meeting is just up the road from me but I've never been! Sadly it clashes with work elsewhere

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 21 Sep 2018, 11:49 (Ref:3851778)   #17
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
This meeting is just up the road from me but I've never been! Sadly it clashes with work elsewhere
Well the meeting benefits from all the advantages that Combe offers, and all the disadvantages that Combe offers.......
Old 25 Sep 2018, 12:03 (Ref:3852594)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
After Spa the car entered for Combe GTSCC is currently away having attention to its bodywork, and the alternative, the 6hr car, currently has no carbs..... So watch this space for which gets race ready first! One nuisance is that whichever is going to Portugal for the last GTSCC race will need to be leaving a few days after Combe. So better not need too much work!
Old 25 Sep 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3852641)   #19
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
After Spa the car entered for Combe GTSCC is currently away having attention to its bodywork, and the alternative, the 6hr car, currently has no carbs..... So watch this space for which gets race ready first! One nuisance is that whichever is going to Portugal for the last GTSCC race will need to be leaving a few days after Combe. So better not need too much work!
No chance of the grass growing under your feet then!
Old 1 Oct 2018, 18:57 (Ref:3853894)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
No chance of the grass growing under your feet then!
Nope. My thumbprint no longer activates the ‘Touch ID’ on certain devices. Think I’ve worn too much skin away.....

So it’s the +4 for GTSCC at Combe. Hopefully the carburettor issues that were suffered at Spa (while they were fitted on the other car) are sorted. If there is still a problem, better to find out at CC in a 60 minute race than after transporting the car to the Algarve for a 120 minute one.....
Old 1 Oct 2018, 19:10 (Ref:3853897)   #21
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Nope. My thumbprint no longer activates the ‘Touch ID’ on certain devices. Think I’ve worn too much skin away.....

So it’s the +4 for GTSCC at Combe. Hopefully the carburettor issues that were suffered at Spa (while they were fitted on the other car) are sorted. If there is still a problem, better to find out at CC in a 60 minute race than after transporting the car to the Algarve for a 120 minute one.....

That's a bit logical Mike.

We don't want too much of that around here - it might be catching!

Old 1 Oct 2018, 19:58 (Ref:3853904)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post

I remember you running the skid pan Max. That was great fun with those old Sierra's. " I excelled of coarse ".
Old 1 Oct 2018, 20:45 (Ref:3853914)   #23
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Think I may have to plead not guilty to that. We used Cortinas, it was Thruxton used Sierras.

It was a long time ago, some of the latest "classic" grids were current - aaagh!

Old 1 Oct 2018, 21:34 (Ref:3853922)   #24
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone have an entry list?
Old 2 Oct 2018, 20:51 (Ref:3854180)   #25
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope the current BBC weather forecast is wrong or it will be three wet classics in a row.