Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Jan 2015, 18:06 (Ref:3497183)   #1
Rodriguez917
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Rodriguez917 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets for WEC Spa 2015 - anyone know if they're on sale yet?

The only website I can find that is selling 2015 Spa WEC tickets is 'Sherpa.be' via the WEC site. Has anyone used this site, I've not come across it before? There doesn't seem to be a ticket link from the Spa website!
Old 25 Jan 2015, 18:09 (Ref:3497185)   #2
Pandemonium
Racer

Pandemonium has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I don´t think there are just yet. My question is if I buy a ticket for silverstone right now will I be inside those 2000 that get pit access??
Old 25 Jan 2015, 18:23 (Ref:3497194)   #3
Rodriguez917
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
Rodriguez917 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just e-mailed someone on the Spa website and asked. Compared to the Silverstone website, the Spa one is terrible!

I thought you had to pay extra for the pitlane walkabout. I didn't bother last year at Silverstone, is it worth it?
Old 25 Jan 2015, 20:16 (Ref:3497332)   #4
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sherpa.be is selling them, but the Wec link is old just search on Sherpa.be instead.

I emailed both Sherpa and spa few weeks ago only Sherpa are selling them.

We've got 6tickets and printed them off.

£32per person incl I think.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 09:50 (Ref:3498621)   #5
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sherpa is legit as far as Belgian companies can be legit
Old 29 Jan 2015, 10:54 (Ref:3498636)   #6
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'd leave off a bit longer, or buy them on the gate. there's no rush. the exchange rate is increasingly favourable to us islanders, and it'll probably save you a few quid if you wait
Old 29 Jan 2015, 11:54 (Ref:3498660)   #7
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i'd leave off a bit longer, or buy them on the gate. there's no rush. the exchange rate is increasingly favourable to us islanders, and it'll probably save you a few quid if you wait
You never know, they might sell out...

More seriously, last year there were quite significant queues of people trying to buy on the gate (way more than I've seen previously) so there is a valid reason for buying in advance, and while the Euro rate may well move in favour of those buying in sterling, at the €32 price point there aren't especially significant savings to be had.
Old 29 Jan 2015, 12:41 (Ref:3498671)   #8
Mosport Fan
Rookie

Canada
Sydney Australia, formerly Canada
Mosport Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I ordered mine the other week through Sherpa- seemed pretty straightforward. It was €31 for the weekend and it included a free pit walk. I paid the extra for tickets to be posted, as print-at-home just doesn't have the same effect.

Been away from the forums for a while but now I'm back!

Looking forward to Spa as I've never been and travelling via Ireland pretty cheaply on Ryanair.

Perhaps meet some other forumposters there?
Old 29 Jan 2015, 14:28 (Ref:3498712)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosport Fan View Post

Looking forward to Spa as I've never been and travelling via Ireland pretty cheaply on Ryanair.
resistance is futile. welcome back

you'll love spa. since you're of the isles anyway you'll pack for every weather eventuality so there's no need to warn of that, make sure you bring some walking shoes and you'll love spa. a good camera is also a wise choice - the views are superb. compared to silverstone, anyway

i hear you on the proper ticket thing. printing an admission ticket out on an a4 piece of paper just isn't the same!
Old 29 Jan 2015, 14:38 (Ref:3498718)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
You will love Spa brilliant circuit and access to most area's during the WEC make sure you pop into the racing hotel sometime for a drink/food, usually plenty of racing folk nin there
Old 29 Jan 2015, 15:35 (Ref:3498736)   #11
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I ordered mine the other week through Sherpa- seemed pretty straightforward. It was €31 for the weekend and it included a free pit walk. I paid the extra for tickets to be posted, as print-at-home just doesn't have the same effect.

Perhaps meet some other forumposters there?
Spa is brilliant - absolutely love the place, come rain or shine (and it usually does!). Great views, laid back atmosphere, fun surroundings in both the village of Francorchamps and the slightly more thriving metropolis of Spa itself, and often a pretty entertaining race.

As you'll have gathered there may well be a few forum members there. Last year we had a small impromptu meet on the Saturday morning where Bart Hayden from Rebellion was good enough to briefly grace us with his presence.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 13:05 (Ref:3503653)   #12
Mosport Fan
Rookie

Canada
Tickets arrived yesterday- so no worries about anyone not knowing about the Sherpa group.

Now the only problem is Spa can't come fast enough!
Old 10 Feb 2015, 18:47 (Ref:3503719)   #13
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Spa is brilliant - absolutely love the place, come rain or shine (and it usually does!). Great views, laid back atmosphere, fun surroundings in both the village of Francorchamps and the slightly more thriving metropolis of Spa itself, and often a pretty entertaining race.

As you'll have gathered there may well be a few forum members there. Last year we had a small impromptu meet on the Saturday morning where Bart Hayden from Rebellion was good enough to briefly grace us with his presence.
Old 10 Feb 2015, 19:15 (Ref:3503723)   #14
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemansfan View Post
This year again guys?
Old 10 Feb 2015, 19:45 (Ref:3503731)   #15
lemansfan
Veteran

Germany
westernmost District of Germany
lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!lemansfan has a real shot at the championship!
Will be there again
Old 10 Feb 2015, 21:08 (Ref:3503757)   #16
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Likewise will be there again, all booked up for the trip already.

Suspect rendezvousing in a similar place as we did last year will work well.
Old 24 Feb 2015, 12:16 (Ref:3508371)   #17
Mosport Fan
Rookie

Canada
Poster came out today.....not too shabby.

http://www.fiawec.com/wpphpFichiers/...-120215-BD.jpg

http://www.fiawec.com/wpphpFichiers/...120215-DEF.pdf
Old 24 Feb 2015, 12:32 (Ref:3508376)   #18
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
I can think of a couple of people who will be more pleased with Spa's effort than Silverstone's
Old 25 Feb 2015, 09:10 (Ref:3508726)   #19
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks similar (graphically) must be the same designer. Least the toyota's at the front.
Old 14 Apr 2015, 13:00 (Ref:3527380)   #20
Mosport Fan
Rookie

Canada
I was checking the ticket site again over the weekend, and they now charge €15 for parking......this wasn't here before when I bought my tickets in January. Was a little annoyed I had to place an extra order for it but at least I have the pass.

Is this something new at Spa? Can you park anywhere there (sensibly of course- I don't expect a paddock pass )
Old 14 Apr 2015, 13:21 (Ref:3527384)   #21
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
I was checking the ticket site again over the weekend, and they now charge €15 for parking......this wasn't here before when I bought my tickets in January. Was a little annoyed I had to place an extra order for it but at least I have the pass.

Is this something new at Spa? Can you park anywhere there (sensibly of course- I don't expect a paddock pass )
Parking at Spa is a zoo. I bought a ticket early last year, got really excited thinking I'd be nice and close to the main entrance, and ended up being shunted into an ungoverned wilderness in the forest up to the east of Eau Rouge.

You probably won't want to hear this, but pragmatically it's often as easy to head down the N62 past the racing hotel and a lot of the houses on the right wil be renting parking spaces in their fields for fairly reasonable prices (around the EUR10 mark IIRC) - we've parked there quite a few times, the walk to the track from there is perfectly easy, the parking is a bit more disciplined, cost wise it makes sense, and it's also reasonably easy to get away after the race.
Old 14 Apr 2015, 14:19 (Ref:3527404)   #22
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i won't go to spa without a parking pass any more. it remains the only place i've had to resort to tears to get things done, had my car towed, and actually yelled at a parking attendant.

my top tip for an anxiety-free weekend is to arrive early every day to find a parking spot, car park pass or not. 8.30am at the latest. you can always catch a nap in the car before walking to the circuit.
Old 15 Apr 2015, 19:10 (Ref:3527746)   #23
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I´m thinking in going to Spa on Saturday from UK, staying in Liege. Any ideas for the sunday? I was considering a visit to Aachen or Koln.

Thanks for the parking tip!
Old 15 Apr 2015, 21:06 (Ref:3527783)   #24
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post
I´m thinking in going to Spa on Saturday from UK, staying in Liege. Any ideas for the sunday? I was considering a visit to Aachen or Koln.

Thanks for the parking tip!
Heading out on the Saturday, so long as you get a prompt tunnel, is a perfectly civilised run to Spa in time for the race. Staying in Liege works well - it's a fun town although traffic and the vagaries of GPS can make finding your destination at times a challenge.

Can't really comment on entertainment potential of Aachen or Koln - saving them along with Trier for a possible trip to the Nurburgring in August. Belgian tourist attractions won't really have woken up in early May - last year I had a go at seeing Fort Loncin outside Liege and it was resolutely closed - worth a bit of a peer around the outside but not really worth the trip.

One option for heading home would be instead of heading round the Brussels ring take the southerly route through Charleroi and pause at Mons for lunch - park by the station, walk up past the cathedral, and into the rather nice Grand Place where there are plenty of good cafes / bars / restaurants. If you've got time tack slightly north through Casteau to Soignies for a bit of WW1 tourism before heading back to the channel, alternatively from Mons you can get onto the autoroute to Lille and be back at the tunnel pretty readily.

I'm sure I've said it before, but I genuinely think Belgium's best trick was convincing the rest of the world it was a dull place - an awful lot of excitement to be found if you scratch beneath the surface.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 10:09 (Ref:3528184)   #25
Mosport Fan
Rookie

Canada
We’re staying just outside of Verviers for three nights- I was going to stay in Liege but I figured try to be as close as possible and the cost was about the same.
Trier is beautiful- my father used to live there and not very far to the ‘Ring from there. Personally I would recommend a drive through Luxembourg- very scenic, friendly, and if you drink or smoke, it’s cheap for those products along with the cost of filling up your motor.
I have about 6 days in Belgium, flying in and out of Charleroi. Planned a night in Brussels (told it’s not really that exciting) before the racing and then a night in Bruges afterwards and hope to also take in Ghent. Might even pop into Zolder and pay my respects to Gilles Villeneuve’s memorial there.