Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 2 Jun 2010, 12:10 (Ref:2703158)   #176
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Pescarolo have launched a website flagging up their intentions of trying to run in 2011.

No real details on it, and it's mainly a bulletin board where you can leave messages of support, but welcome to see that Henri's head hasn't gone down after what must have been a very trying past few months.

Site is at...

http://www.pescarolo2011.com/
Old 2 Jun 2010, 12:52 (Ref:2703198)   #177
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That is good news, I wish him luck. I still think the car is a good package and could be competitive in either LMP class, if it can get the correct engine choice.
Old 2 Jun 2010, 15:40 (Ref:2703276)   #178
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good stuff indeed, let's hope Pescarolo can come back for 2011... just won't be the same without them this year.
Old 2 Jun 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2703376)   #179
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Apparently this is his time in 44 years that he has not been a driver or team owner.
Old 2 Jun 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2703434)   #180
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Apparently this is his time in 44 years that he has not been a driver or team owner.
He didn't take the start in 1969 having been injured in testing - but I appreciate this is sophistry - either way it's a very long string coming very sadly to an end.

I think we all really hope that 2010 is just a blip and we see him back next year.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 06:58 (Ref:2703639)   #181
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Would he still be allowed to use his chassis? I'm thinking the design is still his so he can use them but he would probably have to build new ones since the existing ones are either still in Sora's domain or sold to Oak Racing.

Nevertheless, Henri's message is good news after the depressing comments he has had until now. Hope he'll be back next year.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 06:59 (Ref:2703640)   #182
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
The IP to the chassis has been sold to Jacques Nicolet and OAK as well.
Old 3 Jun 2010, 10:58 (Ref:2703771)   #183
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I would like to think that something approaching a common sense arrangement regarding either new Pescarolo chassis or rights to create a derivative work could be arrived at between Nicolet and Pescarolo.

I can see the logic in Oak buying the IP rights to the Pescarolo 01, given the seriousness of their LMP2 effort and presumably their interest in continuity of supply of parts and development on the car, but would have thought that they'd see the benefit in another team running the car for development purposes. Equally, given the amount of respect for the Pescarolo marque that comes through from everything Oak are saying I really don't get the impression they're minded to be overly avaracious in defending what's now their IP.
Old 18 Jun 2010, 10:44 (Ref:2714238)   #184
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
According to EI Pescarolo Sport was placed in receivership last Monday.

Obviously sad in that it draws a line under what has been a great decade of competition, but in many ways this is probably a positive step in that the receiver will now seek to maximise the value of whatever assets the team still holds (and other than the two chassis I'm genuinely not sure what that constitutes), which could free it all up from the stasis it's experienced over the last 6 months or so.

Link to article (in French)

Last edited by isynge; 18 Jun 2010 at 10:45. Reason: adding hyperlink to source article
Old 18 Jun 2010, 14:21 (Ref:2714324)   #185
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was still refreshing to hear the massive roar for Henri when he appeared on the podium, his team may be no more but the enthusiasm for the man still remains
Old 19 Jun 2010, 22:44 (Ref:2714880)   #186
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
How do ya mean , Pescarolo on the Podium , Henri himself or what ?
Old 19 Jun 2010, 23:12 (Ref:2714888)   #187
Yakuncha
Racer

Ireland
Dublin,Ireland
Yakuncha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
How do ya mean , Pescarolo on the Podium , Henri himself or what ?
Yeah, he presented OAK Racing with their trophy
Old 20 Jun 2010, 00:01 (Ref:2714897)   #188
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Oh ..... how cool is that .
Old 20 Jun 2010, 10:26 (Ref:2715002)   #189
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was really awesome to see how the ACO also backed up around Henri!
No sportscar fan can have anything against Henri!
Old 25 Jun 2010, 22:06 (Ref:2718008)   #190
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
It was really awesome to see how the ACO also backed up around Henri!
No sportscar fan can have anything against Henri!
This is true. I met him at Watkins Glen in 1974 when he was driving for Matra and his car sat on pole (unfortunately they DNFed and 2nd Matra won). He was nice to everyone that tried to chat with him at the track and he was a true gentleman. I hope things work out for him and he finds his way back into top flight racing again.

DK
Old 14 Jul 2010, 17:35 (Ref:2726678)   #191
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like Pescarolo has been placed in receivership: http://translate.google.com.au/trans...1-aud_actu.Htm

Although it was a foregone conclusion, depressing still.
Old 14 Jul 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2726684)   #192
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
its all over now I think, Mr. Pascarolo will have to build a new team
Old 14 Jul 2010, 19:08 (Ref:2726718)   #193
The Badger
Veteran

Maybe he could buy whats left for a song , much the same as Johnaton France did with respect to the WF-01 chassis .

But what is left after OAK and Nicolet had their picks already , I assume ?
Old 18 Jul 2010, 16:26 (Ref:2728525)   #194
SebringMG
Veteran

United Kingdom
SebringMG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt there is much worth acquiring other than the tools and manufacturing equipment as i believe that OAK already own the intellectual rights to produce the chassis.
Old 20 Jul 2010, 16:11 (Ref:2729687)   #195
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What about the team members?
I guess they always will support Henri?
Old 21 Jul 2010, 12:43 (Ref:2730114)   #196
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebringMG View Post
I doubt there is much worth acquiring other than the tools and manufacturing equipment as i believe that OAK already own the intellectual rights to produce the chassis.
I believe OAK have bough the tools and manufacturing side of the operation already, I also believe SORA own the workshop now as well so Henri basically had bugger all to sell off. There is however the Le Mans young driver programme Henri was building a new car for. I can't remember the name at the moment but someone will know what I mean.
Old 21 Jul 2010, 13:24 (Ref:2730146)   #197
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
My reading of it was slightly different to DJ's.

I think Sora still have the rights to build the school car for the ACO - Henri himself speculates that this was the primary reason for the Sora involvement in the first place.

The buildings in the Le Mans Technoparc belong to Henri - so he still has a facility that could be used.

Other than that the only assets that could be sold by the receiver are
- 1 Pescarolo 01 chassis (the other apparantly being owned by Sora)
- Tools / parts
- The "Pescarolo Sport" brand

Henri doesn't regard any of these as being particularly significant, and I get the impression he won't be at the front of the queue to buy them.

Endurance Info go into quite a lot of detail in an interview with HP. Link.
Old 23 Jul 2010, 10:17 (Ref:2731063)   #198
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
I quite liked the interview with Henri on EI. Im glad that he is optimistic and already started to make plans for 2011, and having contact to the former Pescarolo Sport employees.

What could be interesting to discuss, is how Henri comes back (ei. what car, engine, name and so on)
Old 23 Jul 2010, 11:30 (Ref:2731095)   #199
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
What could be interesting to discuss, is how Henri comes back (ei. what car, engine, name and so on)
Well, there was an extraordinary rumour circulating at Le Mans this year, but since then I've seen nothing mentioned anywhere in the public domain. Best I keep my mouth firmly shut!

What I will say, however, is that should the rumour prove to be true, there'll be a lot of very surprised people. Details were sketchy and it wasn't clear at the time if a deal had actually been done. But, given the identity of the sources and Henri's confidence in that interview regarding 2011 (together with the promise that he'l be back 'stronger than ever') I do wonder if perhaps things have moved a step closer.

Just have to wait and see............
Old 23 Jul 2010, 12:30 (Ref:2731132)   #200
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Tease!