Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Dec 2012, 17:04 (Ref:3183340)   #26
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Another good reason (apart from the survival of UK motorsport) to concerntrate your racing in the UK.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 17:15 (Ref:3183341)   #27
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Another good reason (apart from the survival of UK motorsport) to concerntrate your racing in the UK.
It wont affect us Al, only those wealthy racers such as Rowley, Bell and McKay.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3183342)   #28
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
It must have been your double drinking the Larkins at Spa Tim
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 31 Dec 2012, 18:23 (Ref:3183356)   #29
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Who you calling wealthy.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 19:20 (Ref:3183376)   #30
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Who you calling wealthy.
Don't deny it, I've seen that posh tractor you've got.
Old 31 Dec 2012, 19:56 (Ref:3183388)   #31
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
So to race at Dijopn, and get round the threat the camper goes solo . . . the racer goes on the trailer towed by a smokey old 2CV. It really is a load of old ******** isn't it. . . .

To be honest, I'd happily spned £50 to avoid the M6/M1/M40/M42 any race weekend, so a euro getaway is always going to be on the cards
Old 31 Dec 2012, 22:07 (Ref:3183408)   #32
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post

There's the crux Al,tried giving something back only to get thrown it back in my face,so basically, ******** to it,should have made this move years ago.

Happy new Year Everyone.
Old 5 Jan 2013, 01:27 (Ref:3184931)   #33
FISCracer
Racer

Wales
Surrey
FISCracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6 View Post
So if I have understood this correctly, a motorhome towing a car trailer would be exempt?
Dave I think you might find that a Defender is considered a commercial vehicle too.........at least it will be by the Gendarmerie when this comes in

I guess it will only be a matter of time before they apply it to all vehicles, so the large 4x4 with a racebox or trailer will get hit too
Old 18 Jan 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3191106)   #34
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Just found this release on t'internet that suggests not all set in stone!

ECOTAX

It would also appear that there has been a court case concerning who the contract to run the proposed system was given to, and this has delayed introduction for 6 months.......

Only in France!

Last edited by Mike Bell; 18 Jan 2013 at 14:11.
Old 18 Jan 2013, 17:28 (Ref:3191156)   #35
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Just found this release on t'internet that suggests not all set in stone!

ECOTAX

It would also appear that there has been a court case concerning who the contract to run the proposed system was given to, and this has delayed introduction for 6 months.......
Only in France!
good grief Mike, are you a regular reader of Tax-News ?
Old 18 Jan 2013, 17:35 (Ref:3191157)   #36
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
good grief Mike, are you a regular reader of Tax-News ?
Isn't everybody? No, is the answer, but I do use a search engine to try and keep up to date. My comment regarding a delay may not be accurate, as noticed later that the report I read was old.

Have spoken to a UK Transport support company about making sure am ready, even if the French are not......
Old 18 Jan 2013, 19:28 (Ref:3191206)   #37
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It sounds a bit like the 60kph sticker. If it isn't required anywhere else in the EU then the French can't make it stick. Think Van Gend en Loos (look it up). Basically if a country tries to apply rules to non nationals, or the importation/free movement of goods it is in breach of what used to be, article 28, of the treaty.
Old 18 Jan 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3191239)   #38
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It sounds a bit like the 60kph sticker. If it isn't required anywhere else in the EU then the French can't make it stick. Think Van Gend en Loos (look it up). Basically if a country tries to apply rules to non nationals, or the importation/free movement of goods it is in breach of what used to be, article 28, of the treaty.
Very good, Peter, and I'm sure 100% technically correct.

Now explain it to some Fascist pig of a gendarme (aren't they all?) at the side of some God-forsaken side road in the a$$hole of the Universe when it's ****ing down with rain and pitch dark.

Last edited by Clive Brown; 18 Jan 2013 at 21:23. Reason: Grammar
Old 18 Jan 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3191244)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, that is the problem.
Old 19 Jan 2013, 07:27 (Ref:3191351)   #40
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
It'll be OK, Clive. Peter is coming with me on first trip after the starting date, and will use his fluid French and legal knowledge to ensure our smooth passage along their road system....

Old 19 Jan 2013, 07:30 (Ref:3191352)   #41
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
My rates are very reasonable.
Old 19 Jan 2013, 10:53 (Ref:3191391)   #42
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Very good, Peter, and I'm sure 100% technically correct.

Now explain it to some Fascist pig of a gendarme (aren't they all?) at the side of some God-forsaken side road in the a$$hole of the Universe when it's ****ing down with rain and pitch dark.
I got away with it once back in the 70s when I was pulled for speeding jn France towing a trailer.
The cop was more interested in the half naked female in the passenger seat
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 Jan 2013, 12:09 (Ref:3191422)   #43
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
I got away with it once back in the 70s when I was pulled for speeding jn France towing a trailer.
The cop was more interested in the half naked female in the passenger seat

Got it! Ditch the previous plan- Norma Snockers it is then.....

Sorry Peter. Tough old world out there.
Old 19 Jan 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3191461)   #44
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Got it! Ditch the previous plan- Norma Snockers it is then.....

The "froggies" can't help it
I did pull the same trick with Mrs S years ago coming home from a party at 5am in Oxted Surrey, it worked then, but that's another story !
Old 19 Jan 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3191467)   #45
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It'll be OK, Clive. Peter is coming with me on first trip after the starting date, and will use his fluid French and legal knowledge to ensure our smooth passage along their road system....

That's alright, then. I'll send you a cake with a file in it.
Old 20 Jan 2013, 07:45 (Ref:3191652)   #46
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Easy way around speeding tickets in France?Get insurance from AXA,worked for me a few times.Money saved in fines probaly outweighs the insurance.lol
Old 20 Jan 2013, 10:01 (Ref:3191682)   #47
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Easy way around speeding tickets in France?Get insurance from AXA,worked for me a few times.Money saved in fines probaly outweighs the insurance.lol
Yes Terry I have found that out as my nephew is married to a french girl who happens to work for AXA
Old 20 Jan 2013, 11:51 (Ref:3191718)   #48
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Perhaps I should point out that under no circumstances do I condone speeding on any road,whether it be on unrestricted roads or where ever you may be.There'll aways be someone who puts up a clip on youtube to prove it!lol
Old 20 Jan 2013, 11:55 (Ref:3191720)   #49
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
Any chance of explaining that for those of us without a clue? What do AXA do, give you a "Cloak of Invisibility"? Automatically give false readings to Gatsos? Provide a car full of nubile young women to bribe the gendarmes with? Pray elucidate!
Old 20 Jan 2013, 12:59 (Ref:3191741)   #50
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Its French owned,the gendarmes seem to appreciate a Brit buying something French.
I have,in the past, been stopped,possibly for excessive kph,then asked for documents,documents inspected,OK Oui,you may go. That has happened on three separate occasions and all i can think of is that I've always had AXA insurance.