Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Nov 2008, 23:35 (Ref:2341792)   #51
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg
But he doesn't have a disease, he was not struck down by the hand of fate, he hurt himself being a goose jumping a monster truck.

Call me cynical but I doubt he gave consent to being interviewed, he would have have been pushing for it and not for the noble reasons you have outlined.

Point 1. I'd put it down to occupational injury. Just 'cause it's a rush doesn't mean it's not work. I don't like monster trucks either, but I'm not going to call the people that drive them geese. My car's only little....

Point 2. As mentioned, the support for the cause will come later and there was no mention of it whatsoever in the piece. It was all about #7 explaining why one of their high profile figures who has been out of action for a while. As much as it makes no sense to some of me, there are people whose lives are fulfilled by just knowing the minutiae of somebody else's life. #7 will have received enquiries from people who know him only from his non-motorsport related appearances. Funnily enough there is a world out there fill of unfulfilled hollow people that aren't obsessed with racing.

Finally - dsg, I hope you're not a marshall. I wouldn't want to be counting on your help if this is how you react to everyone.... Would you rather have Diffey back?

Dazza, cheers - it's looking up for him.
Old 26 Nov 2008, 02:59 (Ref:2341868)   #52
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction
Funnily enough there is a world out there fill of unfulfilled hollow people that aren't obsessed with racing.
Is there
Old 26 Nov 2008, 03:06 (Ref:2341873)   #53
dazza027
Racer

dazza027 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its the grid girls that get me... now thats an obsession worth having.
Old 26 Nov 2008, 03:07 (Ref:2341874)   #54
dazza027
Racer

dazza027 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
... Apparantly there are laws now to stop stalking, who would have known...
Old 26 Nov 2008, 04:37 (Ref:2341902)   #55
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle
Is there

Someone told me that once, but they were a shamefully transparent shadow of a person that couldn't care less whether their camber or their castor was negative....

Went on to try to convince me to go to the rugby - Pfff!

On topic though - KMsport, better nip down to Oxford St to get your gaydar calibrated. There's never been any doubt which team Mr Denyer batted for - though I must admit I was deeply troubled by the sight of him wearing a Mankini. Not just because I had $20 on Chas Ricciardello of The Chaser being the first Australian to wear one on TV.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 00:41 (Ref:2382403)   #56
Rachel Richards
Racer

Wake Island
In a small house by the sea
Rachel Richards should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is one dredged back up, but in reading THIS, it would seem Mr Denyer may never race again ??
Old 30 Jan 2009, 01:38 (Ref:2382427)   #57
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Richards
Here is one dredged back up, but in reading THIS, it would seem Mr Denyer may never race again ??
i guess his entry into the 12 hour is a bit of "fingers crossed" hope... bad luck for Mad dog
Old 30 Jan 2009, 02:09 (Ref:2382437)   #58
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
not good news at all, you wouldn't wish that on your worst enemy. lets hope it does get better quicker then most.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 02:20 (Ref:2382445)   #59
pplater
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
pplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpplater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Geez I hope he gets better.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 02:32 (Ref:2382451)   #60
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I feel quite sorry for Grant, not being able to do simple tasks like dressing yourself would be quite frustrating, lets hope he turns a corner soon and his body starts recovering.
Old 30 Jan 2009, 03:55 (Ref:2382480)   #61
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Quote:
"So long as he is listening to his medical team, the best place for him to be is back at work," he (David Leckie, CEO of #7) said.

That could be interpreted in a whole number of ways, especially in these economic times.....
Old 30 Jan 2009, 08:55 (Ref:2382537)   #62
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You have to feel sorry for Mad Dog. I hope he can fully recover one day.
Old 1 Feb 2009, 01:48 (Ref:2383470)   #63
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So he won't be competing in the 12 Hour?
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 1 Feb 2009, 23:40 (Ref:2383889)   #64
Malfunction Junction
Racer

By the sounds of it he'll think himself lucky to be able to take himself to the loo in the ad breaks.

For a man with the courage to wear a Mankini on TV, he must be as frustrated as all get out.

I really hope he returns to full fitness, but it's clearly going to be a process that will take years for him to be cleared.

I believe that what he needs now is support, more than anything else. I'm not convinced that flogging himself hosting a show is going to be all good for his body, but might well be good for his mind, which is half the battle anyway.
Old 2 Feb 2009, 00:07 (Ref:2383907)   #65
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction
By the sounds of it he'll think himself lucky to be able to take himself to the loo in the ad breaks.

For a man with the courage to wear a Mankini on TV, he must be as frustrated as all get out.

I really hope he returns to full fitness, but it's clearly going to be a process that will take years for him to be cleared.

I believe that what he needs now is support, more than anything else. I'm not convinced that flogging himself hosting a show is going to be all good for his body, but might well be good for his mind, which is half the battle anyway.
While I don't for a moment doubt the severity of the initial injury and have sympathy for Grant I still think it's likely his "spin" doctors rather than his real doctors that are continuing the publicity hunt on the back of a scary and nasty accident.

Why is his name on the entry list for he 12 hour race if he still can't wipe his own arse? Or go to the shops for milk or carry a bag? If this is true then scrap him from the race. If he races, then I think we can all assume it wasn't true and it was indeed all a publicity exercise - or a miracle!

This is NOT a Grant bash, but rather a speculative assessment that the management groups of these "stars" will do anything to keep their property front of mind. Somewhat acceptable if they're using the fact that his dog died, or his car broke down and he needed a toe truck or anything trivial...but when you use, and over use, a near tragedy I think it's rotten.

I accept I have absolutely NO IDEA if the recent article about Grant is 100% accurate, and as I say if he races in the 12 hour I suspect it wasn't even close, but the real gripe I have is (in our tight racing circle) the fact that there is a genuine and permanent injury to another racer, in Lucas Dumbrell, that we discuss nil. Never mind him being able to pick up a bag or walk to the corner store...EVER!! And what continuing sympathy do we have for him?

Grant, regardless of the current extent of the injury, tell your spin doctors to tone it down please. I find it repulsive that there's a newspaper article that attempts to gain more sympathy. So "ten-tenthers" please consider young Lucas before you next pour out your heart to Grant. No, he might not race at the 12 hour - but he will race again. He may not be able to pick up a bag - but one day he will. He may not be able to walk to the corner store - but one day he will.

Lucas will not
Old 2 Feb 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2386859)   #66
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
eNews suggests doctors have cleared him to race, pending him being "comfortable" in the car.
Old 2 Feb 2009, 23:48 (Ref:2387025)   #67
Malfunction Junction
Racer

GtiMagic,

Go and find the Lucas Dumbrell thread.

GTRMagic closed it. The other forum members got the point (subtle, but there nonetheless) both from mods and from the press releases that Lucas' family felt the time for discussion had finished.

Everybody wishes Lucas well, but I don't see why we can't wish Denyer well either.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 00:07 (Ref:2387029)   #68
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Point taken on the LD thread.

I totally agree and I too wish Denyer well, but my gripe is that we're still reading, watching and hearing how tough it is and has been and that he's still struggling, yet we also read and hear that, despite not being able to brush his own teeth, he is racing in the 12 hr!

I just want them to decide if he is recovered or not. You can't swing off the publicity machine both ways and not expect some people to be annoyed by it.

Surely you would agree that if he can't brush his teeth or wipe his arse that driving in the 12 hr is not possible?

I personally hope we see him in the 12hr and that he wipes his PR people on the arse with his dirty toothbrush - he was close to winning it last year and I hope he can go one better this year.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 05:02 (Ref:2387104)   #69
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Gti,

It's a beguiling temptress, the daily current affairs show.

They waffle on for years about things we know very little about, but when they choose a subject close to our hearts they expose to us their superficiality, their lack of research and we can then see the people behind them for the snivelling grubs they are, feeding from our temptation to pay attention to a misleading headline and hope for a snippet of actual information, yet we swallow the disappointment and hope it'll be different next time....
Old 3 Feb 2009, 06:15 (Ref:2387116)   #70
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiMagic
Point taken on the LD thread.

I totally agree and I too wish Denyer well, but my gripe is that we're still reading, watching and hearing how tough it is and has been and that he's still struggling, yet we also read and hear that, despite not being able to brush his own teeth, he is racing in the 12 hr!

I just want them to decide if he is recovered or not. You can't swing off the publicity machine both ways and not expect some people to be annoyed by it.

Surely you would agree that if he can't brush his teeth or wipe his arse that driving in the 12 hr is not possible?

I personally hope we see him in the 12hr and that he wipes his PR people on the arse with his dirty toothbrush - he was close to winning it last year and I hope he can go one better this year.
agree 100% but don't they say there is no such thing as bad publicity, i'm sure he will "swing off the publicity machine" as long as he and his spin doctors can.
Old 3 Feb 2009, 23:21 (Ref:2387798)   #71
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with GtiMagic there. All he's saying is that if he can't do simple personal chores, the last thing he should be doing is racing for 3-4 hours around the Mount. Surely it's not that hard to understand.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 4 Feb 2009, 03:24 (Ref:2387883)   #72
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well he was on Sunrise this morning, unfortunately I had to leave for work before he came on. I did see the bit where they showed him walking into the building and he didn't look like someone who was going to sit in a car for a lazy couple of hours on a Sunday drive around the Mt
Old 4 Feb 2009, 03:39 (Ref:2387888)   #73
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Johnny Herbert arrived at the grid for his first Grand Prix on.....a bicycle.

Not long ago we saw Stephen Johnson receiving fluid via IV in the Bathurst pits.

Driver have, and will, compete with all sorts of afflictions, but it'll be a HUGE ask for him to manage the orchestrated ballet of a pit stop followed by flogging a car around the most physical racetrack in the land.

The risks associated with a big hit are beyond belief, but not unheard of.

I don't know whether he will, but I'm forming a belief about whether he should.....
Old 4 Feb 2009, 09:57 (Ref:2388018)   #74
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
agree 100% but don't they say there is no such thing as bad publicity, i'm sure he will "swing off the publicity machine" as long as he and his spin doctors can.
You do know his father is a king pin at Spherix, organisers of the B12?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 4 Feb 2009, 11:47 (Ref:2388083)   #75
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
no i didn't but either way he is going to want to jump on the PR machine.