Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Dec 2016, 16:46 (Ref:3695883)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
AvD OLDTIMER

The German 'Classic', which is usually well supported by car manufacturers keen to display their heritage and promote the current stuff.... Plenty to look at- including some never seen in UK.

Supported from UK by Masters Historic Racing grids, and usually HGPCA (tbc). Also a round of the FJ FIA Lurani Trophy.

Previously included the Friday 4hr 'Historic Marathon' on the Nordschleife. Not held in 2016- There is hope that it will be back in 2017.
Old 13 Dec 2016, 16:55 (Ref:3695889)   #2
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AvD Historic Marathon 2017

So I have heard (via Facebook) that the organisers are looking into the possibility of running the Historic Marathon again in 2017, assuming that there is enough interest. Katarina Kyvalova is currently collating interest from UK drivers to feedback to the organisers so that they can make a decision at the end of January. I know that several Tenthers have taken part in the past so I suspect this may be of interest to at least a few (myself included ). Please find a copy of Katarina's post below:

"AvD Historic Marathon 2017 on the Nordschleife (Oldtimer Grand Prix 11-13. August)
I talked to AvD today and the good news is, that the Historic Marathon is happening in 2017 again in case they get enough entries (min 120 cars). I promised to help out and make research if there is enough interest among UK driver. According to the level of interest the AvD will make final decision by the end of January.
Please let me know via FB or message me if you are interested to join the race. "
Old 13 Dec 2016, 16:59 (Ref:3695891)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
That's encouraging news, Sam.

Thank you for posting- need to think seriously......
Old 28 Dec 2016, 11:33 (Ref:3698794)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
2017 AvD Historic Marathon ?

Copied from Nurburgring Oldtimer thread. Would be a good idea maybe for anyone half interested in entering in 2017 to register an interest-

(Originally posted by Sam Binfield) I have heard (via Facebook) that the organisers are looking into the possibility of running the Historic Marathon again in 2017, assuming that there is enough interest. Katarina Kyvalova is currently collating interest from UK drivers to feedback to the organisers so that they can make a decision at the end of January. I know that several Tenthers have taken part in the past so I suspect this may be of interest to at least a few (myself included ). Please find a copy of Katarina's post below:

"AvD Historic Marathon 2017 on the Nordschleife (Oldtimer Grand Prix 11-13. August)

I talked to AvD today and the good news is, that the Historic Marathon is happening in 2017 again in case they get enough entries (min 120 cars). I promised to help out and make research if there is enough interest among UK driver. According to the level of interest the AvD will make final decision by the end of January.

Please let me know via FB or message me if you are interested to join the race. "

Would be good to get contact details for Katarina- Sam, do you have?
Old 28 Dec 2016, 19:38 (Ref:3698861)   #5
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Kat's on fb
https://www.facebook.com/kkyvalova?fref=ts

If anyone is keen but short of a 2nd driver with budget please message me.
Old 29 Dec 2016, 06:25 (Ref:3698923)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks for the link, David.

Let's hope they get enough interest to run the race again!
Old 29 Dec 2016, 09:30 (Ref:3698942)   #7
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Let's hope they get enough interest to run the race again!
I'd do it like a shot but don't have an App K car. Maybe there's a lesson there....
Old 29 Dec 2016, 10:04 (Ref:3698953)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've never been to the "ring" so would love to, but I've already locked in my race events for this year sadly.
Old 29 Dec 2016, 11:08 (Ref:3698963)   #9
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
I'd do it like a shot but don't have an App K car. Maybe there's a lesson there....
For you or them?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Old 29 Dec 2016, 11:19 (Ref:3698964)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This one Im up for with the Capri.No I wont be testing it on there beforehand.

Much.🤔
Old 29 Dec 2016, 13:33 (Ref:3698975)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
This one Im up for with the Capri.No I wont be testing it on there beforehand.
Much.🤔
You may have a new pupil or two at some point.....
Old 1 Jan 2017, 08:19 (Ref:3699506)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cant think who they would be Mike.😉😉
Old 3 Jan 2017, 12:41 (Ref:3699901)   #13
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Having done the 3hr Eifelrennen twice I'd be up for it too, but again car isn't AppK.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 21 Feb 2017, 08:46 (Ref:3713613)   #14
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Speaking to a member of the organising committee recently he said that this would not happen this year. Simply the costs outweigh the income. They do realise how many people they lose from the meeting but they simply cannot afford to subsidise the long circuit racing.
Sad but real life does intrude occasionally.......
Old 21 Feb 2017, 08:48 (Ref:3713614)   #15
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Bother.
Old 21 Feb 2017, 11:46 (Ref:3713649)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Simon, thanks for the info- appreciate you posting to spread the word!

But as Delta says.... Bother!
Old 21 Feb 2017, 12:19 (Ref:3713660)   #17
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The French Endurance Championship organized by Eric VdeV disappeared some years ago. The Deux Tours d'Horloge a rather unique 24 hours race on Paul Ricard is delayed year after year. VdeV only "offers" 3 races for historic cars in 2017. I think it was in 2003, you could find around 22 GTS 11 racing in the last race of the season.
Old 27 Feb 2017, 18:20 (Ref:3715166)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
If no one has any objections, now we have more idea of what is / isn't happening, I'll unstick this now and merge it into the main Oldtimer thread.
Old 2 Mar 2017, 08:14 (Ref:3715725)   #19
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Mike,got word yesterday that there should be a 300klm race this year.More details as soon as.
Old 3 Mar 2017, 11:05 (Ref:3716076)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Any idea on date Tel.?
Old 4 Mar 2017, 07:53 (Ref:3716380)   #21
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Not yet Iain but the person I spoke too insists it will happen.Carrying on with the Capri anyway.😉😉
Old 8 Aug 2017, 19:20 (Ref:3758255)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Nurburgring

Have you missed this one Mike . I'm already here . Had a steak on the stone at Tier Garden . Just sitting outside the Delta truck watching the Nurburgring life go bye .
Old 8 Aug 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3758257)   #23
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Have you missed this one Mike . I'm already here . Had a steak on the stone at Tier Garden . Just sitting outside the Delta truck watching the Nurburgring life go bye .
Nope, you missed it........
Old 9 Aug 2017, 05:47 (Ref:3758333)   #24
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Steak on a stone? Ive graduated away from it Iain.Still one of the most remembered meals there though.
See you later.
Will be coming up Saturday morn as well.😉.Mike,any news of the possible pupil?
Old 10 Aug 2017, 17:37 (Ref:3758654)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Terence, if you've time enough may be you can post a picture of your Capri? And from Paddy of course !