Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Aug 2017, 13:00 (Ref:3758817)   #26
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks to be a bit 'damp' over there from the photos I've seen so far.
Old 11 Aug 2017, 13:06 (Ref:3758818)   #27
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Looks to be a bit 'damp' over there from the photos I've seen so far.
Yes, I got that impression from young Rowley- but reminded him that is the 'Ring, and if it doesn't rain at some point there is something wrong!
Old 11 Aug 2017, 15:25 (Ref:3758833)   #28
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Young Rowley behaved himself and qualified 16th in the very wet conditions. And of course tended to "Le Comte's" car as well.
Old 11 Aug 2017, 17:13 (Ref:3758856)   #29
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yep back to the real world . P1 last week P16 this week . Hey Ho . After what happened to my Lotus 22 at the Classic two years ago I might not race if it is still peeing down . It's not my car if we can start behind safety car I think that would be good . I am on class pole in the Lola MK 1 so owner is happy with that . Just of for a pizza and more beer . ������
Old 11 Aug 2017, 17:29 (Ref:3758860)   #30
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Iain if they dont understand kwossonts try with Hörnchen… Or ask someone to bring them!
Old 11 Aug 2017, 18:03 (Ref:3758867)   #31
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-G Sjöberg View Post
Young Rowley behaved himself and qualified 16th in the very wet conditions. And of course tended to "Le Comte's" car as well.
Lars, are you racing in FJ in your car?
Old 11 Aug 2017, 18:55 (Ref:3758893)   #32
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Terence, if you've time enough may be you can post a picture of your Capri? And from Paddy of course !

Yes of course,if it has done as the manager says.Taken four years ago on my drive in England.Its with me in Germany now but hasnt progessed as much as hoped.Far too busy with work and helping friends etc-usual story.BUT,òne friend says we WILL finish it for nrxt season at the latest Gerhard.
Attached Thumbnails
20131107_152309.jpg  
Old 11 Aug 2017, 19:04 (Ref:3758895)   #33
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Lars, are you racing in FJ in your car?
Well, I am participating but I did not like the rain (first time in wet with the T59) so I qualified a humble 32 out of 39... Hoping it will be dry tomorrow.
Old 11 Aug 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3758899)   #34
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Well I am officially Apple Strudel out . That's four on the Trott . We just had best pizza and beer ever we in the restaurant next to the paddock restaurant. The waitress . Ah well happy days of years gone by . Yes back to reality and P16 in junior but I did put the Lola MK1 on class pole so owner very appeeee. Take care everyone and have a good weekend . ��
Old 11 Aug 2017, 19:22 (Ref:3758900)   #35
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was a bit damp this morning.Had an hour out with Stephan Prosting in his beautiful E30 M3,just playing with wet lines and stuff,great fun.
Gerard sorry about the H!
Old 12 Aug 2017, 09:07 (Ref:3758961)   #36
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Fine terence, fine, Gerhard works great where you're living now! So when you say "with all the right bits on" you mean XPack and more. Do you have the specific airbox sold in period by Ford dealers? They make huge amounts of money now.

Is the white lane out of the F1 pits always slippy? I got trapped once with the 'Vette…
Old 13 Aug 2017, 05:30 (Ref:3759089)   #37
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Iain,I did tell you how good Mamamias was.Its owned by an Italian friend who also has a Race Rental place in Meuspath.Got soaked yesterday morning looking for you,where are you set up?
Gerard,Capri has all period correct parts.RS 3.1 front hubs.Adjustable this and that.Ex works rear axle and diff etc.
Alloy foam filled tank ordered.Still awaiting a quote from BBS on my crosswire wheels,8in front 9 rear.
Rear cant wait to get it finished and start using it.Modern cars,GTRs Porches are great cars,but old style take more driver input=much more fun.
Old 13 Aug 2017, 07:54 (Ref:3759112)   #38
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Nice sunny morning the rain has finally stopped . Just off for second FJ race
Old 13 Aug 2017, 20:59 (Ref:3759209)   #39
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Clutch broke 1st lap in FJ race very disappointed but hey ho guess it took a fair hammering at Copenhagen. Soon forgot as had a great race in Lola NK1 this afternoon with a hard fought class win . Parked up just past Zolder for the night . Early start and hope for posh breakfast on the ferry . It's been a great couple of weeks but I sure am looking forward to getting home .
Old 15 Aug 2017, 09:10 (Ref:3759483)   #40
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

An absolutely lousy weekend for me with the Cooper T59. Drove lousy during the wet qualifying and got rammed up from behind but another car. Fixed with tape. Then the throttle stuck open on the formation lap for race one. No start. Cause: one of the intake manifolds had vibrated loose. Fixed that, but retired after the formation lap for race 2 as well. Engine severly down on power. Might be that the loose manifold had weakend the mixture so much that one of two pistons had been damaged.

Now have to mow the lawn and then off to the garage to get the spare Engine (7000 rpm version with cast crank) into the car for this coming weekend's race at Mantorp Park, Sweden.
Old 15 Aug 2017, 11:08 (Ref:3759500)   #41
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-G Sjöberg View Post
Now have to mow the lawn and then off to the garage to get the spare Engine (7000 rpm version with cast crank) into the car for this coming weekend's race at Mantorp Park, Sweden.
Reality check then! Hope the mower doesn't let you down....

Sorry to hear that your weekend was disappointing, and hope Mantorp is better! Please let us know how you get on.