Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 24 Feb 2008, 23:29 (Ref:2136968)   #1
Russ-Turner
Racer

England
Motorsport Valley.
Russ-Turner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British G.P. General Admission Tickets?!!!

Hi guys and girls, long time no post.

The mrs. is desperate to see an f1 car driven in anger so might buy some genral admission tickets for her birthday next week (I'm skint and can't do grandstands) Will I be able to watch from Maggots? If not can anyone recommend any good viewing areas, obviously the closer the better and maybe with a variety of high and slow speed action viewable. (Don't ask for much do I?) I hope you can help.

Thanks Russ.
Old 25 Feb 2008, 00:39 (Ref:2137030)   #2
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had a general admission ticket last year (and again for this year) and you can watch from anywhere around the track. The view at Maggots was alright, but Stowe was my corner of choice last year and shall be again this year probably!
Old 28 Feb 2008, 15:40 (Ref:2140160)   #3
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The straight immediately after Club corner seems like a good spot. They have raised that area slightly and created a bit of terracing which has made it a bit better than it used to be. I still advise taking a chair though as its not concreted. You can see the cars coming down from Stowe, and as they come round club and down towards Abbey. Downside is you probably cannot see a TV screen clearly from that vantage point.

If you have not been to the GP before, I advise walking the circuit Friday/Saturday and finding the spot that you like best.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 15:47 (Ref:2140162)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'd recommend walking the circuit on friday and saturday for another reason - silverstone has a selection of great corners where you can see f1 cars behaving in different ways. over friday, find good places to watch the cars when they'll be at their most spectacular for qualifying, and somewhere good to watch the race where you can see as much of the circuit as possible then prepare to queue at the gate to get that spot very early on sunday morning! for the former, i'd recommend becketts, for the latter down past stowe towards club. club is superb in the wet too.