Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 23 Mar 2008, 21:47 (Ref:2159891)   #51
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbie_crewe
Sounds good... where is this gathering at lunch time?
Around the gate leading into pit lane between Race Control and the Med Centre. Purely to make it a short walk for me

Assuming I'll be there (subject to work demands), I'll try and have my orange fleece with Ten-Tenths logo on, so look for that it any group of people Generally though, invade any group
Old 23 Mar 2008, 22:09 (Ref:2159918)   #52
robbie_crewe
Rookie

United Kingdom
Crewe
robbie_crewe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks...... I know where that is.... hopfully see you all tommorow!
Old 25 Mar 2008, 11:10 (Ref:2161061)   #53
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well had my first visit to Oulton yesterday and enjoyed the experience overall. Arrived early to find only the main gate open, so opted to park with view of cascades and knickerbrook. GTs were the highlight for me. Excellent racing with cars that look and sound great. I did find it difficult to find a view that combined an element of speed and noise and the ability to really follow the race. Some positions are excellent for close up action, but are limited in how much you can see. Whilst getting a broader view seemed to mean you felt a bit detached.
I suppose I'm spoilt by the viewing at Mallory Park, but I do feel that some work could be done at Oulton in building up the viewing areas in some locations and perhaps in supplying some designated park and view locations. My wife was not too keen to venture out given the temperature and consequently had a bit of a restricted view! All in all enjoyable day and I will give it another go, perhaps on a day that's less busy.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 19:39 (Ref:2162308)   #54
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was mightily impressed with how much Oulton Park has changed in the years since I last went, although I do miss having a grandstand at Lodge

I'll have to get along to another event this year, maybe the Gold Cup.

And did anyone else find those Volkswagen races to be great fun? It makes me want to try and figure out a way to afford to be able to go racing!
Old 26 Mar 2008, 19:40 (Ref:2162310)   #55
MikeHoyer
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northampton, UK
MikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMikeHoyer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah they're mega, and pretty affordable too I think.
Old 26 Mar 2008, 23:15 (Ref:2162548)   #56
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
vws have INSTANT street cred cause they let diesels run. i think the fact you have 2wd, 4wd, diesel and petrol all mingled in together makes it far more interesting - the turbo diesels may be fastest but the 4wds are incredible off the line for example.

oulton has at least 2 places you can park in your car and watch the racing - cascades and knickerbrook. you just have to know not to be herded around by the parking monitors and duck around the back of the car park! it helps to arrive a bit earlier if you want to do that but i just got in the car and moved it whenever i couldn't be bothered to walk. it was a very busy day on monday for a f3/gt meeting - in the past it's been considerably quieter than that!

difficult to follow the action in gt races? general pattern there. personally, i find it immensly difficult to hear the pa system - you have to stand 1 metre away from one of the shouty things and stand on tiptoes to hear over the engines! oulton is one of the best for being able to see a lot of the circuit though.